Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | bit of help with wat i need plzz

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

bit of help with wat i need plzz

Old 25-07-2007, 16:57   #1
jojo3972
Inactive

jojo3972 is an unknown quantity at this point
bit of help with wat i need plzz

hiya everyone im currently on with bt home hub but getting virgin 20 megs next wednesday, wat i need to know is wat im going to need to get my network up n running, i have i main pc not wireless enabled thats were router or modem will b attached to i have 1 laptop soon to be 2 both wireless enabled 1 xbox that will b wired to router to play on xbox live that will b close to main pc and 1 xbox thats wireless thats upstairs that will b connecting to xbox live aswel, so wat router will b best for all the stuff thats going on it and wat will the set up be just plug router into modem or straight to pc , is this going to be easy or hard to do lol thnx in advance jojoxx
jojo3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2007, 17:00   #2
eth01
Inactive

eth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to all
Re: bit of help with wat i need plzz

Get a Belkin Wireless G router, which has 4 wired ports too (you can get it from pcworld etc) Get some ethernet cables (Cat5) and hey presto!
eth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 17:07   #3
fizgog
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD , VM Phone [XL], VM BB [M]
fizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to allfizgog is a name known to all

You will need a wireless 4 port router to connect up your equipment.

Cable modem connects into router and so will your main computer and xbox console.

The rest will use the wireless connection (make sure you turn encryption on once its working)

Beaten to the post
fizgog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 17:23   #4
eth01
Inactive

eth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to alleth01 is a name known to all

Yeah. Most routers come with an "easy installation setup" so you shouldn't need to worry there.
eth01 is offline   Reply With Quote