Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 31-03-2022, 20:23   #5641
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

TBH I don't really fancy it.
Old 01-04-2022, 22:05   #5642
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Just watched Sonic 2, it was good, the kids loved it. At 2 hours it was just a bit too long. The was a “wedding” sequence that could have been cut.

Idriss Elba as Knuckles is very good.

Post credits scene, definitely a third movie and knowledgeable Sonic fans won’t be disappointed
Old 03-04-2022, 01:00   #5643
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Watched Sonic 2 today. Enjoyed it more than i thought. It's a bit cheesy, but a good laugh (especially for the kids) and a couple of good easter eggs.

Also saw Morbius last night. Good points: Matt Smith as Milo (Morbius's surrogate brother and the bad guy), excellent effects (particularly the sequence where the go on the "Chicago" metro ("Chicago" is in quotes, as the station is clearly one of the Jubilee line patforms at Charing Cross, but it looks incredible when Morbius flies out in front of a train, and flies out into the Chicago metro).

Bad points: The climatic fight scene that manages to be simultaneously confusing, and less impressive than most of the fights featured in Buffy The Vampire Slayer (which were impressive TBF, but Btvs was a TV series, and I expect more from a high budget movie, especially with the massive advances in Computer GFX since Btvs).
Also, pretty much everything else, although the woman who is Dr Morbius's assistant has potential to be interesting in any sequels (she isn't really interesting in this, beyond looking stunning), and the post credits scenes hint at an interesting future.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 01:13   #5644
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

So taking all that into consideration and bearing in mind this thread is "rate the last movie you saw", what score would you give it out of 10? I am curious as you have already commented that 90% of the movie was cack.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 15:31   #5645
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Two mules for sister Sara -1970 western

I've seen this before and enjoyed it 8/10
Tinky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 01:28   #5646
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Morbius: 5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Morbius: 4/10

Yet another case this year of the trailer making the film look a million times better than it actually is ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
TBH, I didnt think the trailers made it look that good, it sounds like it isnt going to be (not seen it yet).
In the end, I found it slightly better than expected from the trailers, but not brilliant, so five.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2022, 01:06   #5647
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last saw SAW II (2005) on VHS

I think it shoukd have ended with 2.... It was a good sequal but no more were actually needed........
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2022, 02:10   #5648
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
but not brilliant, so five.
Old 26-04-2022, 22:33   #5649
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I watched Moonfall and rather enjoyed it. Just what I want in a disaster movie. Entertaining and a good fun movie. Don't expect realism or the best acting performances.

I have got my moment of fame as well

Old 27-04-2022, 03:06   #5650
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Seen it. I watch every honest trailer. They are pretty funny most of the time e.
Old 27-04-2022, 04:43   #5651
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Ambulance 3/10

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 14:28   #5652
General Maximus
Ran Away

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: 7/10

A very interesting story with a few very pleasant surprises which gave me big smiles. Visually spectacular and the story is setting a few things up. If I had to niggle I would say there wasn't any humour in it unlike most other MCU films. It did try in several places but it just didn't work; it wasn't funny.

Definitely worth watching at the cinema. There are two post credit scenes as always, one half way through and one right at the end. A new trailer for Avatar 2 is shown prior to the film starting so keep your eyes peeled so you don't miss it. It looks amazing.

If you would like to discuss this film in more detail I have started a separate thread here so you don't have to worry about putting everything in spoiler tags.

Last edited by General Maximus; 06-05-2022 at 15:11.
Old 06-05-2022, 14:32   #5653
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I totally enjoyed it and laughed a few times.

Sam Raimi definitely put his effort in. It's 100% a Raimi film. Many horror elements and humour worked in. Brilliant.
Old 10-05-2022, 21:00   #5654
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
And Uncharted grossed over $100m over its long weekend at the Global Box Office, looking forward to watching this.
Old 13-05-2022, 13:31   #5655
General Maximus
Ran Away

Firestarter: 4/10

It is okay and borderline watchable. Although it is produced by Blumhouse I would say it is more scifi horror (leaning more towards scifi ) than pure horror and the problem is that it doesn't do either very well. It is horror without the horror and it is scifi without a good quality story. Everything is very superficial, the whole premise of the story is that the little girl can start fires and cause immense devastation but when she does do it the camera is always focused on her facial expression rather that showing us a visual effects extravaganza and what it actually happening. I could go on but I won't.

My parting comment and food for thought from my realism factor: if she can miraculously teach herself some discipline and control her powers in the space of a few hours/days in the woods then wtf didn't she do it before?