Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 26-09-2019, 20:38   #181
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Thanks for the phone number
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2019, 17:48   #182
lombard
cf.member

lombard is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all , tried to call to get better deal

Currently on only 200mb for £41.74 been customer for over 7 years also i have no need for phone or TV and this constent price rise just pushed me to try to get new deal, Also happy to downgrade to 100mb i dont need 200mb although he said my internet use was extreme I know i would be fine with 100mb its not like the full 200mb is used at once

My friend across the road has been customer for less years and pays £27 for 100mb

Also i mentioned uswitch deals i see for new customers 100mb £27 12 months contract £35 setup fee he said I couldnt cancel and get family member to sign up is that true ?

deal i was given was £37 for 200mb which I thought wasnt good enough and when i asked i dont need 200mb he said 100mb would cost more

When i said talk talk and Vodafone do 67mb average for much cheaper and my neighbour is on vodafone and gets 60mb+ he said even though he is next door doesnt mean i will get that speed i can try and just cancel 30 days if it didnt , it was just back and forth with him

Guess i'll call again in few days and maybe get lucky with someone else

Thanks

Last edited by lombard; 27-09-2019 at 17:53.
lombard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 19:10   #183
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Honestly, just vote with your wallet. You can get Vodafone or whatever for like £25 a month, sounds like that's all you need
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 22:17   #184
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Just say you want to cancel and ask to take your number with you. VM will call you back with a much better deal.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:31   #185
lombard
cf.member

Hi, Thanks for the replies, I do wanna at least stay on 100mb just for the times when i download , the others are 55-60mb be stuck on 18 months and dont think i can use my own router like i can on virgin the router i use has been perfect and range is brilliant reading up the others dont make it easy to use own router

sooner or later i know the others will start offering 100mb+ to offer competition to virgin

also dont see that offer for new customers now 100mb £27 12 months
Old 03-10-2019, 22:14   #186
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Honestly, just vote with your wallet. You can get Vodafone or whatever for like £25 a month, sounds like that's all you need
That's exactly what I did nearly a year ago now! ... no regrets at all!
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 14:17   #187
lombard
cf.member

I called again and got 200mb for £27 down from £41.74 , which i really cant complain about

12 months contract but price will stay the same for 18 months

been customer for 7 years never before asked about leaving she said the discount is calculated how many years been customer

Thanks All
Old 11-12-2021, 12:43   #188
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Betting on an inflation busting price rise first week of Jan 2022. You can always rely on VM for a Happy New Year !

Expecting it to be significant given inflation, and they always like to well exceed that !

If you aren't in a contract I'd try and wangle a new deal now and you might avoid it. I did this in December last year and avoided the Jan increase.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:52   #189
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Betting on an inflation busting price rise first week of Jan 2022. You can always rely on VM for a Happy New Year !

Expecting it to be significant given inflation, and they always like to well exceed that !

If you aren't in a contract I'd try and wangle a new deal now and you might avoid it. I did this last year and avoided the Jan increase.
They have more fast broadband competition from Openreach and the new FTTH companies like Hyperoptic And pay-TV content has reduced with the launch of Disney + taking channels out of packs. Will be interesting to see what they do.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2021, 10:40   #190
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Costs are increasing for everyone and companies can only absorb so much. The biltong retailer at our farmer's market said his meat price has increased massively recently and he has had to increase his prices. He reports that not all customers understand.
Old 13-12-2021, 22:45   #191
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Costs are increasing for everyone and companies can only absorb so much. The biltong retailer at our farmer's market said his meat price has increased massively recently and he has had to increase his prices. He reports that not all customers understand.
Inflation related rises are understandable, but VMs have been way in excess of that for a few years now. Maybe they'll surprise us in the New Year year and announce a price freeze or cut? What's the betting ?
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2021, 09:02   #192
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Well, except for 2020…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2021, 17:18   #193
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Inflation related rises are understandable, but VMs have been way in excess of that for a few years now. Maybe they'll surprise us in the New Year year and announce a price freeze or cut? What's the betting ?
But how do you know if VM's costs are only inflation related? (I don't work in any capacity with the figures so I don't know.)
Old 14-12-2021, 18:13   #194
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
But how do you know if VM's costs are only inflation related? (I don't work in any capacity with the figures so I don't know.)
The calculation will usually be, if they put up prices, will the increase per customer be outweighed by revenue from the number of customers that they lose?

Yes, costs need to be covered but the days of large companies just slapping on a random margin are over, it's usually a far more sophisticated game than that.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2021, 19:20   #195
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The calculation will usually be, if they put up prices, will the increase per customer be outweighed by revenue from the number of customers that they lose?

Yes, costs need to be covered but the days of large companies just slapping on a random margin are over, it's usually a far more sophisticated game than that.
Indeed, particularly now that people have far more choice.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote