Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | virgin media 20mb upgrade

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Traffic Management/Shaping Question.
Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2007, 17:15   #1
blaupunkt
Inactive

blaupunkt is an unknown quantity at this point
Traffic Management/Shaping Question.

ok ive read quite a few of the threads and followed a few links but as yet i cannot find an answer to this (unless ive missed it!) and there are so many pages to go through now it will take me hours!

have they started to actually do this yet or is the system still being implemented and what triggers it, are you allowed to download X amount and once you reach the limit you get throttled or does it automatically come on as peak times during the evening.
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2007, 17:24   #2
Bill C

Re: Traffic Management/Shaping Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaupunkt View Post
ok ive read quite a few of the threads and followed a few links but as yet i cannot find an answer to this (unless ive missed it!) and there are so many pages to go through now it will take me hours!

have they started to actually do this yet or is the system still being implemented and what triggers it, are you allowed to download X amount and once you reach the limit you get throttled or does it automatically come on as peak times during the evening.
everything you need to know is in this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...all-tiers.html

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...t/traffic.html

Think you will find the Mods here will merge this thread very quickly .

Old 22-05-2007, 17:32   #3
rockabillybass
Inactive

Services: XL TV XL BB XL Phone
rockabillybass will become famous soon enoughrockabillybass will become famous soon enoughrockabillybass will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C View Post
everything you need to know is in this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...all-tiers.html

Think you will find the Mods here will merge this thread very quickly .
The thread you directed the OP to is currently 80 pages long. Perhaps there needs to be a sticky linking users to the relevant information, either on here on the VM website..
Old 22-05-2007, 17:48   #4
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabillybass View Post
The thread you directed the OP to is currently 80 pages long. Perhaps there needs to be a sticky linking users to the relevant information, either on here on the VM website..
Did you bother to look at this.

Old 22-05-2007, 17:53   #5
rockabillybass
Inactive

Services: XL TV XL BB XL Phone
rockabillybass will become famous soon enoughrockabillybass will become famous soon enoughrockabillybass will become famous soon enough

Yes I did. It's a useful link. That's why I said a sticky to it on this part of the forum would be useful. Reading through 80 pages of the thread on here is torture..
Old 22-05-2007, 17:54   #6
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Already being discussed - links provided - thread will now be closed
Closed Thread