Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 19-11-2015, 18:29   #1501
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

new update out

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3118754)
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2015, 19:04   #1502
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Not another one.
Old 19-11-2015, 19:14   #1503
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

It is only a little update not a Windows install, no different from other versions of Windows.
Old 25-11-2015, 00:26   #1504
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

new update Cumulative Update KB3120677
Old 25-11-2015, 01:03   #1505
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
new update Cumulative Update KB3120677
This update fixes the privacy settings that got reset to default when some people upgraded to th2.

The th2 isos and media creation tool are also now available as they had been pulled a few days ago because of this issue.
Old 25-11-2015, 09:14   #1506
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Did a clean install Monday of Windows, and it seems to have cured the problem of internet dropping in Chrome at least 4 times an hour. Fingers crossed. Watch, now I have posted that it will go rubbish again now.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 14:18   #1507
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'm still waiting for my version to be made available.
Old 25-11-2015, 18:35   #1508
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I'm still waiting for my version to be made available.
Which version? You should have got the th2 10586 update a few weeks ago on home or pro?

If not check defer update isnt selected failing that you should use the ms media upgrade tool, this should then get the update for you.
Old 25-11-2015, 22:10   #1509
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I've just had the message to Update now or later, but I need to do some preinstall stuff as per Sony's instructions .

What does it do if I update later, does it download and give me a link to press to install later?
Old 25-11-2015, 23:39   #1510
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I've just had the message to Update now or later, but I need to do some preinstall stuff as per Sony's instructions .

What does it do if I update later, does it download and give me a link to press to install later?
I am not sure to be honest as i never did it like that being an insider, but you won't lose it or anything, but you do have until June 2016.
Old 03-12-2015, 00:29   #1511
Dave42
cf.mega poster

new update out

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3116908)

once computer restarted and the OS build is now 10586.17.
Old 17-12-2015, 21:53   #1512
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200)

out now
Old 17-12-2015, 22:13   #1513
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Just think yourselves lucky if you don't have a new Lumia phone, the latest update for Win 10 has totally bolloxed a huge number of phones. The update stalls, the phone overheats big time, you get a warning of low/no memory even though there is 20/25 gb of spare memory and the battery drains in four or five hours.
ATM it looks like a full factory reset of the phone is the only option.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 23:52   #1514
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

running 10 on lumia 520 and 625 only problem so far has been tethering and solved that by switching Bluetooth off manually before sharing as it seems it doesn't always do it automatically
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2015, 01:59   #1515
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

For some abnormal reason this update screwed my video card settings up on my main PC.

It switched the monitors the other way around than what they should have been for example it switched my main monitor to monitor 2 and i had to set them back manually.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote