Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ultimate Oomph renewal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Ultimate Oomph renewal

Old 23-07-2020, 17:46   #16
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ultimate Oomph renewal

My bundle expires in less than a month and facing a £40 hike, what is the best time to ring and any suggestion on button presses to get to where I want ?
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-07-2020, 11:15   #17
BeeVee
cf.member

Services: VIP50
BeeVee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwakuk View Post
My bundle expires in less than a month and facing a £40 hike, what is the best time to ring and any suggestion on button presses to get to where I want ?
I rang 0800 952 2277 at 11am and waited 20 minutes to get an answer, the gentleman was working from home. Renewed for £110 a month.
BeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 12:02   #18
qwakuk
cf.member

Thanks, supposed to be working now so will ring tomorrow
Old 25-07-2020, 12:54   #19
qwakuk
cf.member

Had a result, phoned (at 11.20, took 20 minutes overall) on the number BeeVee suggested got through immediatley. Bumped me up to M500 was on M350. 18 months contract, was £106.50 pm (got 3 V6 boxes) actually going down to £105 pm.
Quick speedtest and got 11ms, 552.70 Mbps and 37.20 Mpbs.
Old 28-07-2020, 18:04   #20
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

As a long term customer i cancelled last August and got them to give me the Oompth for what a new customer would pay and after just cancelling again I've got it again for £89 for 18 months.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 18:43   #21
dibbz
cf.member

dibbz is an unknown quantity at this point

lucky you. I was offered an upgrade to the ultimate oomph for £104 but decided to keep my services the same saving £11 a month. New contract email came through for £106 with the same services.

Gonna have to waste another 6 months of my life to get through to get them to correct their error
dibbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 22:09   #22
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbz View Post
lucky you. I was offered an upgrade to the ultimate oomph for £104 but decided to keep my services the same saving £11 a month. New contract email came through for £106 with the same services.

Gonna have to waste another 6 months of my life to get through to get them to correct their error
"There's nothing on the notes to suggest that you were offered it at that price". "Unfortunately the recording isn't available and I can confirm that you are now under a new contract". I can hear it now.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 19:34   #23
dibbz
cf.member

dibbz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
"There's nothing on the notes to suggest that you were offered it at that price". "Unfortunately the recording isn't available and I can confirm that you are now under a new contract". I can hear it now.
well got my latest bill in and apparently my package price is £179!!

think i am paying for the whole street at this rate
dibbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 20:56   #24
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Good grief
Old 09-08-2020, 20:16   #25
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I always tell them I am recording the calls

Worth every penny!

Can anyone explain what the ofcom. Ruling does when out of contract
Old 09-08-2020, 20:37   #26
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I always tell them I am recording the calls

Worth every penny!

Can anyone explain what the ofcom. Ruling does when out of contract
Excellent idea.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:44   #27
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Is it possible to end my contact when it's over and have another house member start fresh thus getting introduction offers?
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:38   #28
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

When out of contract I find if you call retentions and be polite and ask if there's anything they can do to lower the price usually ends up more favourable that threatening to cancel out right unless they give you a deal. And always ask is that the best you can do as when they give you their first discount. If you aren't happy, call back later on and try again.
Old 11-08-2020, 20:06   #29
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Cant copy and paste on tablet. Hey typing is enoughr of problem. Any know how ofcom rules affect renewals
Old 11-08-2020, 20:15   #30
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
When out of contract I find if you call retentions and be polite and ask if there's anything they can do to lower the price usually ends up more favourable that threatening to cancel out right unless they give you a deal. And always ask is that the best you can do as when they give you their first discount. If you aren't happy, call back later on and try again.
Yep.
I rang up yesterday as my current deal expired over the weekend.
I simply said the full price was far too much, so what could they offer.
I got full TV, (350M) Internet, Phone and one (5GB) SIM for < £70 month.

I'm happy with that.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote