Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stargirl

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Stargirl

Old 11-12-2019, 14:39   #1
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Stargirl

We now have a trailer.

Last edited by General Maximus; 21-05-2020 at 21:13. Reason: replaced dead link
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2019, 21:51   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Stargirl

I won't be watching it, there are too many shows on the go already. I am already mardy because I have just realised that Crisis On Infinite Earths is a flipping 5 series crossover event. I don't watch Batwoman I refuse to watch LoT. I does make me ponder the merits of these crossovers because how many people watch all the series involved. They would have been better off keeping it to the main 3 and just including the core characters from the other series to support.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 23:20   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I won't be watching it, there are too many shows on the go already. I am already mardy because I have just realised that Crisis On Infinite Earths is a flipping 5 series crossover event. I don't watch Batwoman I refuse to watch LoT. I does make me ponder the merits of these crossovers because how many people watch all the series involved. They would have been better off keeping it to the main 3 and just including the core characters from the other series to support.
The crossovers have become an end in themselves. Seeing how big they can make them is the aim, with precious little attention to good storytelling.

I have a Supergirl season 1-3 blu-ray box set that includes the complete Crisis on Earth X crossover, and a documentary which is basically just a chat on the sofa between the main showrunners from the series' that contributed to it, sitting there patting each other on the back for how clever they are.

As a family we skipped over the crossover episodes when we reach them, unless they're the simple, early ones with just Supergirl/Flash (youngest loves Barry). Earth X is just a mess. I eventually sat down and watched it all when I had the house to myself. There's about 3 hours I'll never get back.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 00:27   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

God, what a miserable lot you are.

Im enjoying the crossover (again) and will be watching Stargirl.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:02   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Star girl looks good.

The crossovers are brilliant. This one is very epic and worth watching. So is Batwoman, it's been a good show so far.
Old 12-12-2019, 20:04   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The crossovers have become an end in themselves. Seeing how big they can make them is the aim, with precious little attention to good storytelling.

I have a Supergirl season 1-3 blu-ray box set that includes the complete Crisis on Earth X crossover, and a documentary which is basically just a chat on the sofa between the main showrunners from the series' that contributed to it, sitting there patting each other on the back for how clever they are.

As a family we skipped over the crossover episodes when we reach them, unless they're the simple, early ones with just Supergirl/Flash (youngest loves Barry). Earth X is just a mess. I eventually sat down and watched it all when I had the house to myself. There's about 3 hours I'll never get back.
that's my point, it is more of a showing off exercise of getting everyone together than doing anything substantive. It is very much a case of more is less and a process of moving Supergirl, Arrow and Flash between the series' cast episodes and the weak stories are designed to fit around the characters rather than them coming up with a good story and making the characters work around it (if that makes sense). In stuff like the MCU you look forward to them all getting together but in the DC series I a actually think the individual episodes/series are significantly better than what they attempt in the crossovers.

I have only seen episode one so far and to be fair it is the best crossover I have seen (in DC) because they have had a proper build up and depth to it but it is still ruined because I won't be watching LoT.
Old 12-12-2019, 20:35   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

The Marvel Netflix shows were quite good at it. There were plenty of crossovers but they were very understated and always served the plot. Obviously the big-screen MCU stuff has been working to a master plan for decades now so again, characters pop up in each other’s franchises whenever it drives the story arc forwards. The DC TV stuff really is a case of the production teams sitting down and challenging themselves to see how supersized they can go this year.
Old 12-12-2019, 21:02   #8
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I'll do with Stargirl what I normally do. Give it 3 episodes to see if it draws me in, if not I'll drop it.

I lost interest with LOT but will be watching the crossover episode otherwise what's the point of watching the crossover?

I'm enjoying Batgirl up to now.
Old 12-12-2019, 21:16   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

LoT has changed a lot since it started. Big cast changes and also story changes. I think it's so much better now.

Crisis on Infinite Earths was such a big story that they had to involve all the shows and even shows that aren't strictly part of the DCTV Arrowverse.
Old 12-12-2019, 21:20   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
LoT has changed a lot since it started. Big cast changes and also story changes. I think it's so much better now.

Crisis on Infinite Earths was such a big story that they had to involve all the shows and even shows that aren't strictly part of the DCTV Arrowverse.
TBH I think you’ve got that back to front. They wanted to involve all the shows, plus as many secondary characters as possible, and therefore the story had to be big enough to accommodate them.
Old 20-05-2020, 04:07   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Watched Episode 1 tonight.

I wasnt expecting much, but it turned out to be quite entertaining.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 04:19   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I was the same didn't expect much and didn't know much about Stargirl but it surprised me. A great cast and seems promising.
Old 21-05-2020, 16:03   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

It's on my to do list. I might try and watch it tonight with The Snowpiercer. I watched season 1 of Black Lightning and gave up a few eps into season 2. Let's hope this is better.
Old 21-05-2020, 16:27   #14
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

So far it is better than Snowpiercer. I quite enjoyed it.
Old 21-05-2020, 17:57   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
It's on my to do list. I might try and watch it tonight with The Snowpiercer. I watched season 1 of Black Lightning and gave up a few eps into season 2. Let's hope this is better.
I stuck with Black Lightning S2 and thought it improved as it went along. However I'm now working my way through S3 on Netflix and it's pretty dire. It has vanished far, far up its own ar$e.