Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 17-10-2020, 01:57   #10081
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If it is true that the ‘average viewer’ only watches one or two matches a month, PPV might be cheaper!
It's getting late and I think you've misread a few games a week for a few games a month.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2020, 02:13   #10082
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
If it is true that the ‘average viewer’ only watches one or two matches a month, PPV might be cheaper!
Not at 2 games per week it is not!

Not sure where OB got per month from.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 13:04   #10083
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
They'd best get in quick!

Hasn't someone warned them that linear telly will be gone by 2̶0̶2̶5̶ 2̶0̶3̶0̶ 2035?
Probably a short term carriage deal😂😂
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 16:23   #10084
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

I'm a Chelsea season ticket holder. We haven't had to pay anything for this season so I've £900 in the bank if I can't attend home matches this season, but I'm not watching the PPV match this afternoon. £14.99 is too much and, as others have said, it sets a costly precedent if this Sky/BT approach succeeds to gain some traction in the PL.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 16:55   #10085
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It's the Premier League (including Chelsea) who opted to do it this way. I understand that only Leicester City opted against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I'm a Chelsea season ticket holder. We haven't had to pay anything for this season so I've £900 in the bank if I can't attend home matches this season, but I'm not watching the PPV match this afternoon. £14.99 is too much and, as others have said, it sets a costly precedent if this Sky/BT approach succeeds to gain some traction in the PL.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 17:04   #10086
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
As ozsat says its the Premier League who decided this one.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 17:09   #10087
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Well whoever decided to go down that road have made a serious error and I hope very few opt to watch these games.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 17:24   #10088
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

I think the thing to bear in mind is that they're games being made that are in addition to the ones you can normally watch with the Sky/BT coverage, which means fans get more if they're prepared to pay more. I think if this had been introduced in a normal season it would have been seen by many as a positive, but it feels like too much for this diminished experience. I can't imagine anyone watching more than one PPV a week, not at £15 a pinch
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 19:01   #10089
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think the thing to bear in mind is that they're games being made that are in addition to the ones you can normally watch with the Sky/BT coverage, which means fans get more if they're prepared to pay more. I think if this had been introduced in a normal season it would have been seen by many as a positive, but it feels like too much for this diminished experience. I can't imagine anyone watching more than one PPV a week, not at £15 a pinch
The worrying thing is,as others have pointed out,that it becomes the normal and then the big clashes will be the ppv games leaving just average matches on the sky and BT sport's channels.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 19:18   #10090
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It's a shame, you missed a cracker.

BTW I didn't pay £14.99, nor would I.
Old 17-10-2020, 20:40   #10091
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I don't think this PPV approach would be good for BT or Sky either. If successful, the Premier League could then just bypass Sky and BT and sell the matches itself to the public on all platforms including smart TVs and PCs for those without a pay TV subscription.

This would undermine Sky Sports and BT Sport and in turn limit the benefits of buying a bundle of broadband and TV from one provider.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 20:43   #10092
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's getting late and I think you've misread a few games a week for a few games a month.
Yes, my bad!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 21:15   #10093
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Yes, my bad!
Right, off to bed with you and no supper.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 21:22   #10094
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
The worrying thing is,as others have pointed out,that it becomes the normal and then the big clashes will be the ppv games leaving just average matches on the sky and BT sport's channels.
Then if that happens its adios...
Old 17-10-2020, 21:28   #10095
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Then if that happens its adios...
Totally agree with you, Den, I'd be cancelling the sports package if that happens, in fact, I'd probably cancel the lot as it's the football that keeps me with Virgin more than anything else.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote