Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is it worth the money keeping virgin tv

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Is it worth the money keeping virgin tv

Old 25-09-2020, 12:47   #1
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it worth the money keeping virgin tv

Hi all i have had virgin TV for about 6 months & i have the ( max it TV package with sky cinema ) looking at the list of channels on virgin TV a great % is free TV & is it worth the money keeping virgin TV or go to free TV / free sat ?
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2020, 13:11   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: is it worth the money keeping virgin tv

It depends what you watch. We cancelled Sky years ago when we worked out it would be cheaper to wait and buy DVD box sets of the few shows we actually watched on the encrypted channels. We have had Freesat ever since and never looked back.

Keep a diary of your viewing for a few weeks, then divide the cost of your subscription by the number of shows you watched that you couldn’t have accessed on Freesat or Freeview. Then decide if the cost is worth it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 13:26   #3
crossbow1956
cf.member

Hi thanks for the reply i was thinking of going to free-sat with NOW TV has a add on streaming service .
Old 25-09-2020, 14:19   #4
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

it could be worth phoning and saying you want to go to cheapest package.

a few years ago i wanted to cancel virgin tv to save money, said freeview was enough. the phone operrator said, because I was getting tv, internet, and phone, i got a bundle discount. the discount was greater than the cost of smallest tv package, so I saved money by having all 3!
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 14:42   #5
crossbow1956
cf.member

i have 100 m BB / phone cheapest package / max it TV with sky cinema they give me a deal for under £ 60.00 .

Last edited by crossbow1956; 25-09-2020 at 14:50.
Old 25-09-2020, 15:15   #6
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I have BB phone and the smallest package of TV and I pay £68 and that is with a £3 discount with Virgin, So I guess I am paying too much, The virgin TV is in the room my granddaughter used to live in, but now left, I have Freesat as my main TV which is great but if the weather is very bad the BBC has sometimes a loss of picture, I kept virgin just in case Freesat turned out to be unreliable, , I asked Virgin If I do away with my TV how much would I safe and they said I would still be £68 as I have the lowest package and it is free, So where is the fairness there, I have had Virgin since it was NTL , Loyality does not always count, Be interesting to hear of other prices from customers with the same package as myself,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 15:37   #7
crossbow1956
cf.member

yes i have been with virgin media for well over a decade just for BB / phone was playing 37.00 a month added tv now £ 57.00 a month . i think it depends on what deals they have on offer at the time you contact them . i must say that i threatened them with cancelling my account & go with sky for BB / phone / tv then they come back with this deal .
Old 25-09-2020, 17:32   #8
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

100mb +phone. £30.30 pm.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 15:57   #9
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow1956 View Post
yes i have been with virgin media for well over a decade just for BB / phone was playing 37.00 a month added tv now £ 57.00 a month . i think it depends on what deals they have on offer at the time you contact them . i must say that i threatened them with cancelling my account & go with sky for BB / phone / tv then they come back with this deal .
Thanks for your reply
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote