Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is it possible to install parental controls remotely?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Is it possible to install parental controls remotely?

Old 01-07-2020, 18:36   #16
Maltloaf
cf.member

Maltloaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is it possible to install parental controls remotely?

You can screen share with Jit Meet nothing to install, it's free, and you don't need to join anything. Very simple you just both visit the website and enter the same password. Just use three or four random words as a password.
Maltloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2020, 20:26   #17
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
To stop the user staying up late messing about on the internet instead of sleeping and possibly looking at inappropriate sites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
What has that got to do with you?

Actually quite a lot.

You could park your car outside a house with an open Wi-Fi and download illegal material.

That person will get in a world of crap, even prison.

Richard, I have a router connected to my SHub 3, the router allows me to set restrictions on the router, and free apps allow me to do this via the phone.
Old 01-07-2020, 22:16   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Thanks for the further advice guys
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 22:24   #19
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Actually quite a lot.

You could park your car outside a house with an open Wi-Fi and download illegal material.

That person will get in a world of crap, even prison.

Richard, I have a router connected to my SHub 3, the router allows me to set restrictions on the router, and free apps allow me to do this via the phone.
Actually not a lot as it isn't Richard's account.

Why would I ride around looking for and park outside someone's house to use their free wifi to gownload illegal material when if I wanted to I could use my own connection with my VPN?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:17   #20
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

No one should be running open wifi anyway, no one around me is, they are all secured.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 18:09   #21
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
No one should be running open wifi anyway, no one around me is, they are all secured.

Some people don't understand technology.
Old 02-07-2020, 18:12   #22
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

As someone who works heavily in IT, I'd contest that most people don't understand technology.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote