Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 13-09-2019, 09:06   #1606
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

fantastic. The fact that they are trying to get the original actors back for it is brilliant, it all adds to the realism factor for me by maintaining the continuity and feel of the story.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2019, 10:38   #1607
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
fantastic. The fact that they are trying to get the original actors back for it is brilliant, it all adds to the realism factor for me by maintaining the continuity and feel of the story.
Looking at the source it does seem likely to happen in time.
Old 13-09-2019, 15:24   #1608
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Looks like they haven't fully resolved things yet then. The schedule I posted was from 21st August.
That schedule seems to agree with various sites.
Its obviously just more upto date information.
No doubt more details will emerge over time.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 17:15   #1609
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
That schedule seems to agree with various sites.
Its obviously just more upto date information.
No doubt more details will emerge over time.
I'm sure you are correct Paul.

On another note.

Quote:
The Rise and Fall of House Targaryen: Yet another Game of Thrones prequel is in the works and close to getting the greenlight for a pilot. Set 300 years before the events of GoT, the series draws from George R.R. Martin’s Fire & Blood and will focus on the rise and fall of the Targaryen family. That book tells the history of the family and covers such major figures as Aegon the Conqueror and Aegon the Dragonsbane. Martin will write the pilot script with Ryan Condal (Colony).

Last edited by pip08456; 13-09-2019 at 18:32.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 12:17   #1610
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Jurassic World short film, set a couple of years after the last film (dinos are now in the wild in the USA) - keep watching through the titles.

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:09   #1611
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Jurassic World short film, set a couple of years after the last film (dinos are now in the wild in the USA) - keep watching through the titles]
nice, I love it when they care enough to do things like this.

Not so good news, a BSG reboot is in the works which I am not happy about. BSG is a superb series and tbh I can't see any remake or reboot living up to the quality of the original (2003) and only being worse. Plus, the effects in the original were awesome and even though it has been 16 years (which I can't believe) it isn't as if you watch and think "omg that looks old and could do with being remade".

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...robot-creator/

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/b...aming-service/
Old 18-09-2019, 09:44   #1612
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
nice, I love it when they care enough to do things like this.

Not so good news, a BSG reboot is in the works which I am not happy about. BSG is a superb series and tbh I can't see any remake or reboot living up to the quality of the original (2003) and only being worse. Plus, the effects in the original were awesome and even though it has been 16 years (which I can't believe) it isn't as if you watch and think "omg that looks old and could do with being remade".

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...robot-creator/

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/b...aming-service/
I agree. The Original BSG was superb in 1978. The 2003 series was a reboot.
Old 18-09-2019, 10:02   #1613
General Maximus
Ran Away

ok, I don't want a reboot of the reboot.
Old 18-09-2019, 17:56   #1614
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I do.

The 1978 series was great.
The 2004 series was ok.

Lets see what we get this time.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 17:59   #1615
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l preferred the 1978 series compared to the 2004 series as well.
Old 18-09-2019, 18:00   #1616
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I do.

The 1978 series was great.
The 2004 series was ok.

Lets see what we get this time.
I agree Paul. The original series was a masterpiece of it's time including the SFX. That could be due to Glen A Larsen's production company being involved.

Have you watched the 1978 series General?
Old 18-09-2019, 22:50   #1617
General Maximus
Ran Away

I loved it when I was younger (8 years old) but like Buck Rogers and The A-Team etc, it is kids stuff, way to cheesy and not serious enough (my realism factor). I loved BSG 2003, it is my second favourite series ever behind B5. It isn't just about the special effects, the story was excellent, the tone and look of the series and you really felt the tension and the ever impending annihilation of the human race. There were many an episode when my heart was racing and I was on the edge of my seats thinking "this is it now, they have had it". In terms of my realism factor, when the humans got their asses kicked you saw it, whether it be big explosions on ships and destruction or some bloody dead bodies. It doesn't have to be guts and gore but when you have that kind of story line where killer robots are relentlessly hunting you down then you need to see what the consequences and repercussions of that are.

The thing which made this series stand out, like all great series, is three things. The acting, the story and the characters. It was truly an ensemble cast with no leading actor and every character was great. You have Adama, Tigh, Apollo, Starbuck, Dee, Gaeta, Chief Tyrell, Baltar, No. 6, Boomer etc. All fantastic and adding something different to the story. The one person who did do my head was flipping Billy (President Roslin's assistant), he was an absolute drip.

Last edited by General Maximus; 18-09-2019 at 22:55.
Old 19-09-2019, 07:19   #1618
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I agree Paul. The original series was a masterpiece of it's time including the SFX. That could be due to Glen A Larsen's production company being involved.

Have you watched the 1978 series General?
The original 1978 TV movie (which actually had a theatrical release - I saw it at my school film club) was superb. The full first series started off well but was running out of ideas in its second half, and didn’t seem to quite know whether it wanted to be an all action epic or more metaphysical musing.

And the less said about the follow-up Galactica 1980 the better.

The 2003 reboot was superb from beginning to end ... end of.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 07:59   #1619
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
And the less said about the follow-up Galactica 1980 the better.
I want one of those motorbikes that can fly
Old 19-09-2019, 13:17   #1620
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Amazon Prime Video UK Acquires DC Universe’s ‘Swamp Thing’,

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2019/09/ama...mh0FoQOWzdvU7o