Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How can I get a new sim delivered?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How can I get a new sim delivered?

Old 10-03-2014, 10:33   #1
DLM
Inactive

DLM is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy How can I get a new sim delivered?

hi
I have been happy so far with my sim only contract with VM but am now getting extremely frustrated and can only think that I will have to end my contract, thank goodness it is a 30 day one!

I have had to buy a new mobile and need a micro sim card for it. I rang and ordered one a week ago and rang again last Friday when nothing had arrived . I was told that another sim would be sent on Saturday .. still nothing ...

I have had numerous conversations now, with promised return calls never being made, and it appears that either Virgin or Yodel have decided that the delivery address is in Suffolk despite the fact that i live in Cheshire, (over 200 miles away) and the call centre staff quote my address to me accurately including confirming my post code.

I have found that there is a road with the same name as mine in Lowestoft, Suffollk so I am assuming that somehow someone has made a mistake and thinks it is the same place. I just cannot seem to get anyone to understand and have just tracked the latest package due to be delivered today. It is still going to the Ipswich home delivery depot !!!

To make matters even worse i have also had to supply my neighbour's address as the delivery address because I was informed that my address is blacklisted by Yodel!!!. This has been extremely embarrassing for me to explain to my neighbours and i can only assume that it is the Suffolk address that is blacklisted because I have other things delivered by a lovely lady from Yodel with no problem whatsoever.

I have tried ringing the 'thinking of leaving' team and cannot get through, please can anyone suggest what i can do ? I am getting desperate because my old mobile is dying and soon I will be without a phone!
DLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2014, 21:11   #2
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: How can I get a new sim delivered?

Why not just have a go at cutting your original sim using something like this

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 20:17   #3
DLM
Inactive

DLM is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How can I get a new sim delivered?

Thanks vOid i do appreciate your advice ! :-) .... that would have been my last resort, but luckily i was told that if i rang the phone number given for Stockport virgin media shop and chose option 4 i would get through to a call centre in the UK, 9 times out of 10... i did so and today i received a micro sim card ... the guy told me that it was Virgin's fault that everything was being sent to Ipswich and that my address was not blacklisted ..so now i am a happy bunny using my new phone!! :-) oh and for the first time ever ... the overseas call centre assistant, Joan, actually rang me back yesterday, as she promised, to ensure that i was okay with everything ... she seemed surprised but pleased when i praised her for doing so.... let's hope that those poor people in the Phillipines get better training ... that way, they wouldn't have to deal with irate / stressed customers and we could all be happy!!
DLM is offline   Reply With Quote