Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 07-01-2022, 19:50   #226
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Sounds good Den. Make sure you get on the blower as soon as it expires. £8.50 a month is over £100 more a year !
Even Dick Turpin wore a mask .....
Except you don't have to deliver , keep saying if you don't like it ,walk . It's called free choice , unlike other charges, its up to you. You won't die if you cancel
Old 07-01-2022, 20:39   #227
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Rang yesterday but got nowhere with retentions. UK based. This evening tried again.. offshore call centre.... and ended up with a price reduction for the next 18 months.

Last edited by 1701-e; 07-01-2022 at 20:40. Reason: More info
1701-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 20:59   #228
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Rang yesterday but got nowhere with retentions. UK based. This evening tried again.. offshore call centre.... and ended up with a price reduction for the next 18 months.

Was it a decent reduction? I'm a bit wary of the offshore people as I've had an instance (several years ago) where the promises didn't match the reality and I had to jump through various hoops to get them to honour the deal. UK retentions seem to have moved to a more hardball stance in the last few years and don't offer much at all in return for an extended contract . I've considered giving them the heave ho to get a proper offer but knowing my luck I probably wouldn't get the call and I'd get a load of grief off the rest of the family.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 21:18   #229
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

I had got down to £64 last summer when fox disappeared And I rang up. The email indicated a £5.50 increase from March. But now it's going down to £61.75. I was paying £72 this time last year. Maxit TV with m350 BB. It's already on as the app shows a credit to next Bill

Last edited by 1701-e; 07-01-2022 at 21:19. Reason: More info
1701-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 21:29   #230
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Except you don't have to deliver , keep saying if you don't like it ,walk . It's called free choice , unlike other charges, its up to you. You won't die if you cancel
I am seriously considering leaving this time. I'll happily take a hit on speed in order to reduce my monthly cost, given pending increases to energy bills, council tax, national insurance etc. As you say, VM is one of the few bills within our power to control and I'm increasingly viewing 100mbps as a luxury I don't need or use.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 21:32   #231
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I am seriously considering leaving this time. I'll happily take a hit on speed in order to reduce my monthly cost, given pending increases to energy bills, council tax, national insurance etc. As you say, VM is one of the few bills within our power to control and I'm increasingly viewing 100mbps as a luxury I don't need or use.
Price increases happen because costs increase. You can move to a different company, but they increase their prices as well.a
Old 07-01-2022, 21:49   #232
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Price increases happen because costs increase. You can move to a different company, but they increase their prices as well.a
Correct, but Now Broadband is currently offering their fibre and Anytime calls service for £20 per month. They would have to increase their prices massively to get anywhere close to whatever I'd be paying VM by the time I've had my price notification.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 15:33   #233
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Started a new contract last month and have now received the email saying the price is going up by £5.75 from March. No mention of the price being fixed until the end of the contract.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:36   #234
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

all family have had email for £8.50 increases at the end of current contracts

Mine will be a £37.50 per month increase in August
My parents will be a £48 per month increase in April
My brother £42.5 per month increase in September

I will phone up and try to get as close as to what we pay now when the time comes, but Sky is looking a better deal at these prices (around £150 for old VIP)
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 13:18   #235
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
all family have had email for £8.50 increases at the end of current contracts

Mine will be a £37.50 per month increase in August
My parents will be a £48 per month increase in April
My brother £42.5 per month increase in September

I will phone up and try to get as close as to what we pay now when the time comes, but Sky is looking a better deal at these prices (around £150 for old VIP)
Are other deals/discounts ending on those dates?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 15:21   #236
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Are other deals/discounts ending on those dates?
I phone every contract end get a top package for £99-110 if I don't I try again until I do, never really have a problem. But reading recently it's getting a bit harder, will give 30 days notice if it comes to it and will hope they phone me for a better deal. None of my family or friends have ever paid more than £110 per month for the old VIP package
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
Old 13-01-2022, 22:34   #237
martkt10
cf.member

martkt10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
I phone every contract end get a top package for £99-110 if I don't I try again until I do, never really have a problem. But reading recently it's getting a bit harder, will give 30 days notice if it comes to it and will hope they phone me for a better deal. None of my family or friends have ever paid more than £110 per month for the old VIP package
Our contract ended 10 days ago, spoke to retentions and was told if i don't like it, leave

problem is they can type in my postcode and see there is no other options

So its put up with them or leave

To think with have been with them since they we telewest , i'd have sky like a shot, but our bt lines are crap
martkt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 22:40   #238
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by martkt10 View Post
Our contract ended 10 days ago, spoke to retentions and was told if i don't like it, leave

To think with have been with them since they we telewest , i'd have sky like a shot, but our bt lines are crap
Serve notice. Allow them to contact you for marketing purposes. Wait by the phone for 2 days to a week. Keep an eye on your email inbox too.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 23:17   #239
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by martkt10 View Post

its going to improve, BT already have 300meg to my street and there's streets only a mile away that can get 500 & 900 with BT, I would say within the next 2 years my whole town will be 900meg enabled

My parents have been with them since 1995
I have since I moved out 6 years ago and my brother for 3 years. I switched my MiL from BT to virgin about 6 years ago
Old 14-01-2022, 15:00   #240
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Here’s an odd one. I was on hold waiting for Retensions yesterday and after a few minutes I heard a recording offering me £8 off my bill for six months. No explanation, just ‘press 1 to accept’. I accepted and got a message saying it will be applied to my next six bills.
Anyone else been offered this? Still haven’t received a price increase notification either
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote