Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus

Old 24-12-2021, 20:29   #1051
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
One of my concerns is over the interpretation of antibody levels. The way the immune system works is that it isn't pumping out antibodies for everything for the rest of your life. A few months after an infection or vaccination, the level of antibodies for the infection goes away quite naturally.
All vaccinations actually do is prepare the immune system to be able to respond a bit quicker to a reinfection. It doesn't have to work out the antibody to deal with it, it already knows what to do.
If covid is too quick for that response, then antibodies need to be present. If covid isn't that quick, then boosters aren't really required and all the talk of low antibody levels being a problem is misleading.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2021, 20:39   #1052
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Project fear in full swing, get a life people, and stop living under the stairs it's actually quite nice outside, honestly, no scary monsters.
Old 24-12-2021, 23:01   #1053
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Project fear in full swing, get a life people, and stop living under the stairs it's actually quite nice outside, honestly, no scary monsters.
For the first time this week, I'm actually at home all day, relaxing.
All my shopping is done, and the last of my eating out before xmas was on Tuesday.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 23:17   #1054
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Link

Quote:
In general, the amount of antibody that is present declines over time after an infection has been cleared.
Sometimes, doctors can still measure antibodies after many years — as is the case with measles; and sometimes the antibodies go away more quickly, he added.
“But one of the really clever things about the immune system is that the cells that make this antibody then persist at some low level and form a population of memory cells that are there and able to respond much more briskly if the same pathogen or invader is encountered again on another occasion,” Kuritzkes said.
Link

Quote:
Quickly making lots of antibodies can stop an infection in its tracks. The first time your body fights a virus, it can take up to 15 days to make enough antibodies to get rid of it. With the help of Memory B-cells, the second time your body sees that virus, it can do the same in thing 5 days. It also makes 100 times more antibodies than it did the first time. The faster your body makes antibodies, the quicker the virus can be destroyed. With the help of Memory B-cells, you might get rid of it before you even feel sick. This is called gaining immunity.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 03:20   #1055
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I’ve been ignoring the hype the last few days and enjoying Christmas with my whole family. I am much more relaxed as a result.

I am not stressing about this any longer. I’d advise the rest of you to do the same. Just enjoy life while you have one.

A life spent under the stairs is no life at all. Just get your jabs and relax.
Old 26-12-2021, 12:40   #1056
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I’ve been ignoring the hype the last few days and enjoying Christmas with my whole family. I am much more relaxed as a result.

I am not stressing about this any longer. I’d advise the rest of you to do the same. Just enjoy life while you have one.

A life spent under the stairs is no life at all. Just get your jabs and relax.
Is that because you've had a few days off worrying about what Coronavirus rubbish and inaccuracies to post next?
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 13:04   #1057
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Is that because you've had a few days off worrying about what Coronavirus rubbish and inaccuracies to post next?
No, but the constant drip, drip of negative coronavirus stories on the BBC and elsewhere is worrying my wife to death and I have to deal with this every day. It’s bloody exhausting and it’s being going on constantly for months and months.

I want to hear the rest of the news we are missing out on.
Old 26-12-2021, 13:21   #1058
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, but the constant drip, drip of negative coronavirus stories on the BBC and elsewhere is worrying my wife to death and I have to deal with this every day. It’s bloody exhausting and it’s being going on constantly for months and months.

I want to hear the rest of the news we are missing out on.
Agreed.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 14:13   #1059
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Omicron cases are falling.

Correction, growth rate is falling which will lead to cases doing so as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg covid.jpg (39.8 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by pip08456; 26-12-2021 at 14:16.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 15:30   #1060
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

If our blood held on to all the antibodies we produce, it would set like concrete.

The memory cells will still be lying in wait though, although they can take a few days to make enough antibodies to combat a nasty strain of viral infection.

"Unvaccinated people who catch Covid are 60 TIMES more likely to end up in intensive care".

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fam...Znh?li=AAJt1k3

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Quote:
Speaking on Sky News on 19 December, the health secretary Sajid Javid said: “If we look at those that are the most ill in hospital, needing the most care and attention, around nine out of 10 of them are unvaccinated.”

Full Fact asked the Department of Health and Social Care what Mr Javid meant. It told us that his nine out of 10 figure did not refer to all patients in ICU, but only those receiving Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) treatment, essentially a type of artificial lung which oxygenates the blood.

Data on this shows that of 154 patients in England who received ECMO due to a Covid infection between the beginning of July and 22 November, 141 were unvaccinated. This amounts to about 92%, and is similar to the figures reported previously in the Sunday Times.
https://fullfact.org/health/unvaccin...annel4-icnarc/
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 15:55   #1061
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

With a bit of luck, all the unvaccinated will get Covid and then it’ll all be over.

It really is time to untype Covid.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 16:26   #1062
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
With a bit of luck, all the unvaccinated will get Covid and then it’ll all be over.

It really is time to untype Covid.
What makes you think they haven't had it.
Old 26-12-2021, 16:28   #1063
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
What makes you think they haven't had it.
The Covid data plus Guvmin statements.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 16:33   #1064
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The Covid data plus Guvmin statements.
oh yea i bet that's all true just like all the other guvmin garbage.
Old 26-12-2021, 17:05   #1065
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My niece tested positive, but luckily her isolation ended on the 23rd.

So Christmas was able to sort of happen.