Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 03-01-2013, 15:51   #1621
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I have Sky line rental and Sky BB , if I had a line fault Sky deal with me over the phone and send out an Openreach engineer to check it out.
That's what i thought happened ,BT own the line and just 'rent' it to sky .So the line rental i pay actually belongs to BT ,or at least most of it so i am still paying BT money ,not that anything can be done about that though
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 16:03   #1622
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
That's what i thought happened ,BT own the line and just 'rent' it to sky .So the line rental i pay actually belongs to BT ,or at least most of it so i am still paying BT money ,not that anything can be done about that though
I believe communications providers pay £87.41 annually for a fully unbundled line , the rest would belong to your communications provider.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 15:57   #1623
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

A poster on DS forums is claiming More 4 HD will launch as a Sky only channel , not sure if info is correct.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...&postcount=197
Old 05-01-2013, 17:22   #1624
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
A poster on DS forums is claiming More 4 HD will launch as a Sky only channel , not sure if info is correct.

I wonder how true that is, if so i dont think VM customers will be happy that its a Skay exclusive
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 17:31   #1625
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I wonder how true that is, if so i dont think VM customers will be happy that its a Skay exclusive
Why? Having just looked at what is on that channel, I'd be happy not to have it.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 17:31   #1626
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Why? Having just looked at what is on that channel, I'd be happy not to have it.
Maybe so but its 1 more HD channel that VM dont have that people may want
Old 05-01-2013, 17:35   #1627
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Maybe so but its 1 more HD channel that VM dont have that people may want
i can understand channels people watch a lot, eg sky atalantic

Otherwise, not sure having an HD channel you don't watch is any benefit.

But, if lots were watching it, fair dues
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 17:56   #1628
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l have never watched More 4 myself.
Old 05-01-2013, 18:09   #1629
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

It might just be. From the original press release:

"Two new High Definition channels, Film4 HD and More4HD, to join Sky+HD. This will complete the HD roll-out of Channel 4’s core channel portfolio, which began in 2006 when Channel 4 became the first commercial Public Service Broadcaster to launch an HD service."

I don't watch too much More4 but the wife does. More4HD will be enjoyed in my household.

How many popular channels are left still to go HD? There really can't be too many. Personally I'd like to see SKY introduce HD for their own +1 channels.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 18:11   #1630
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

The wife is looking forward to the forthcoming US Drama 'Nashville' which will be shown on More 4 and no doubt now in HD.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...in-the-uk.html
Old 05-01-2013, 18:23   #1631
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
i can understand channels people watch a lot, eg sky atalantic
More4 gets 5 times as many viewers as Sky Atlantic.
http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly...g-summary?_s=4

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
How many popular channels are left still to go HD?
BBC2
BBC3
BBC News
More4
C4+1
BBC4
Pick TV
ITV1+1
CBeebies
Yesterday
CBBC
G.O.L.D
5 USA
Quest
5*
Challenge
4Music
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 18:32   #1632
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
BBC2
BBC3
BBC News
More4
C4+1
BBC4
Pick TV
ITV1+1
CBeebies
Yesterday
CBBC
G.O.L.D
5 USA
Quest
5*
Challenge
4Music
The BBC could well make the move to HD with their News channel soon as this year could see quite a few HD news channels

Sky News HD (Already broadcasting)
NHK World HD (Already broadcasting)
RT HD (Testing now , due sometime this month)
CNNI HD (Announced they'll go HD this year)
Fox News HD been rumoured for a while
Old 05-01-2013, 18:38   #1633
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
BBC2
BBC3
BBC News
More4
C4+1
BBC4
Pick TV
ITV1+1
CBeebies
Yesterday
CBBC
G.O.L.D
5 USA
Quest
5*
Challenge
4Music
If I had to chose just 3 from the list I'd go for BBC2 HD, BBC4 HD and Yesterday HD.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 18:40   #1634
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
If I had to chose just 3 from the list I'd go for BBC2 HD, BBC4 HD and Yesterday HD.
Mine would be 5 USA, 5 * and 4Music
Old 05-01-2013, 18:41   #1635
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Mine would be 5 USA, 5 * and 4Music
BBC4 HD and Yesterday HD for me.