Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2018/2019

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2018/2019
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 10:10   #856
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Season 2018/2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What happened to supporting all the British sides in Europe.
Its a luxury to choose now given they're both English. Happy scenario for a neutral but must admit now I'd rather see Spurs win their first than Liverpool win another. Again though that's more to do with the fact it'd be Spurs first. Same reasons I wanted to Chelsea to win it against Man United. They'd later go on to win their first in 2012 though against Bayern.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:11   #857
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What happened to supporting all the British sides in Europe.
No.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:14   #858
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
No.
l will be supporting Arsenal tonight although l will also be supporting good old Chelsea as well.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:27   #859
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Where I work Arsenal fans wanted Spurs to win. I myself want to see an Arsenal v Chelsea final.

Where I work the majority are Spurs/ Arsenal

Then its Chelsea, Ipswich then Westham.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:47   #860
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Screw supporting British sides lol. I'll be cheering on Valencia and whoever Chelski are playing. And obviously wanting a Spurs win in the final.
Old 09-05-2019, 17:46   #861
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Take out a bank loan if you want to see the CL final ans fights have gone up to rip off prices
I've bought cheaper cars.
Old 09-05-2019, 18:15   #862
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Take out a bank loan if you want to see the CL final ans fights have gone up to rip off prices
I've bought cheaper cars.
Yeah l saw a article this morning and the prices being charged now are mind boggling and a insult to football supporters plus both teams have only been allocated just over sixteen thousand tickets each for the final.
Old 09-05-2019, 19:35   #863
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Bit of farce to hold it in Madrid. They should save the planet and play it in the UK.
Old 09-05-2019, 23:50   #864
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Congratulations to Arsenal and Chelsea for reaching the Europa League final.
Old 09-05-2019, 23:59   #865
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

All English European final line up. Wonder if there has ever been a case where both finals were English-only? Seems silly not to hold it at Wembley now .

All English Super Cup too.

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Also three of the four are from London, further confirming the city's reluctance to leave Europe.
Old 09-05-2019, 23:59   #866
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Last time the Europa or equivalent was all English was 1972 apparently
Old 10-05-2019, 00:02   #867
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

First time ever that all four finalists in the two main European cups have come from the same country.

TBH I thought Frankfurt where the better side on the day.

Last edited by iadom; 10-05-2019 at 00:06.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:34   #868
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Congratulations to Arsenal and Chelsea for reaching the Europa League final.
+1

---------- Post added at 05:34 ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
First time ever that all four finalists in the two main European cups have come from the same country.

TBH I thought Frankfurt where the better side on the day.
They were but football can be a game of great elation sometimes but it can also be very cruel at times.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:09   #869
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The allocations for both finals are hilariously bad.

There should be an absolute minimum of 25,000 seats each. I also feel like selecting a host venue would be much better after both teams in the final are confirmed, Wembley, Cardiff, Old Trafford, Emirates, St James' Park, Ethiad Stadium, just a handful of stadiums in the UK capable of hosting these finals on a week's notice at more than half the cost to fans, plus who doesn't want to see the SportsDirect@ChampionsLeague.com final. The Europa League final is even worse. I might have read incorrectly but was seeing allocations of 6000 each in a 60,000 seated stadium.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:32   #870
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

There should be an absolute minimum of 25,000 seats each. I also feel like selecting a host venue would be much better after both teams in the final are confirmed, Wembley, Cardiff, Old Trafford, Emirates, St James' Park, Ethiad Stadium, just a handful of stadiums in the UK capable of hosting these finals on a week's notice at more than half the cost to fans, plus who doesn't want to see the SportsDirect@ChampionsLeague.com final. The Europa League final is even worse. I might have read incorrectly but was seeing allocations of 6000 each in a 60,000 seated stadium.
It a total joke as usual.

---------- Post added at 06:32 ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

No you did not read it incorrectly.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...a-league-final

Last edited by denphone; 11-05-2019 at 08:27.
Closed Thread