Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freesat launch new 4K box, more to come.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freesat launch new 4K box, more to come.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:49   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Freesat launch new 4K box, more to come.

Freesat has added a new page on their website for their new 4K box.

https://www.freesat.co.uk/4k-tv-box/

The Amazon listing is here and in the Q&As the Freesat people say the recordable boxes (in 3 storage sizes) are coming soon. So judge this as non-recording box with streaming apps.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2020, 23:28   #2
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freesat launch new 4K box, more to come.

​There's now a photo of the, coming soon, 4K Recordable Freesat Box on the, slightly updated, webpage. Just scroll down.
https://www.freesat.co.uk/4k-tv-box/​

There's also an unboxing of the Non-Recordable Box on Youtube.
https://youtu.be/57gvtLnSiGg​
Old 19-02-2020, 18:08   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I thaught freesat was dying, no CH4HD, glad to see its still going on
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2020, 23:41   #4
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I used my T V remote to change channels instead of my freesat remote, This put my tv in freeze. I tried to reset. I went into menu and settings but when i pressed ok up came
HDMI output
HDMI. audio
Page It would not let me go any further, It is a Goodman Box HD200
Any advice.
I phoned Freesat and they told me to go to Goodmans WSite. I have left them a message. Waiting for a reply Any advice here please
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2020, 23:54   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I used my T V remote to change channels instead of my freesat remote, This put my tv in freeze. I tried to reset. I went into menu and settings but when i pressed ok up came
HDMI output
HDMI. audio
Page It would not let me go any further, It is a Goodman Box HD200
Any advice.
I phoned Freesat and they told me to go to Goodmans WSite. I have left them a message. Waiting for a reply Any advice here please
I don't know, but it sounds like you've simply accidentally switched into your TV's menus, and any reset you did was for the TV, not the satellite box.

If there is a "source" button on your TV remote (it may not have the word written on it, it may be a symbol) press that and select the connection your box is attached to. One of the HDMI options. If I'm correct, this should allow you to see the picture what the Freesat box is outputting, rather than the (probably not tuned in) TV.
Old 20-02-2020, 00:44   #6
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I don't know, but it sounds like you've simply accidentally switched into your TV's menus, and any reset you did was for the TV, not the satellite box.

If there is a "source" button on your TV remote (it may not have the word written on it, it may be a symbol) press that and select the connection your box is attached to. One of the HDMI options. If I'm correct, this should allow you to see the picture what the Freesat box is outputting, rather than the (probably not tuned in) TV.
I tried the source and went down to HDMI and click on it but nothing happened. Anything else I can do if I have clicked the TV settings ,how can I find the box settings
Thanks
Old 20-02-2020, 01:34   #7
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I tried the source and went down to HDMI and click on it but nothing happened. Anything else I can do if I have clicked the TV settings ,how can I find the box settings
Thanks
I'd be tempted to switch off both the TV and satellite box at the wall and unplug. Then leave a minute and plug both back in.

Switch the TV on first, let it do any setups it wants to do, then switch the satellite box on and follow any it says. Like a first time install of both. The power being off can often be the best reset.

I'm not familiar with that particular box you have. Sorry for being so general.

---------- Post added at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

I just had a glance at the Goodmans box specs, I see it has SCART sockets. Are you sure it's not connected to the TV via SCART?
If it was connected via SCART it would explain why nothing was showing when you selected HDMI from the TV remote.

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

The box manual is here apparently.
https://www.goodmans.co.uk/support/d...AT200HD-ib.pdf

Though if it is connected via SCART then you just need to switch to that via the TV remote using the Source button and you probably won't need the manual.
Old 20-02-2020, 10:21   #8
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I'd be tempted to switch off both the TV and satellite box at the wall and unplug. Then leave a minute and plug both back in.

Switch the TV on first, let it do any setups it wants to do, then switch the satellite box on and follow any it says. Like a first time install of both. The power being off can often be the best reset.

I'm not familiar with that particular box you have. Sorry for being so general.

---------- Post added at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

I just had a glance at the Goodmans box specs, I see it has SCART sockets. Are you sure it's not connected to the TV via SCART?
If it was connected via SCART it would explain why nothing was showing when you selected HDMI from the TV remote.

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

The box manual is here apparently.
https://www.goodmans.co.uk/support/d...AT200HD-ib.pdf

Though if it is connected via SCART then you just need to switch to that via the TV remote using the Source button and you probably won't need the manual.
Thanks will try again
Old 20-02-2020, 19:17   #9
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Thanks will try again
I am glad to say I done as you said with the plugs. at first no joy then I left it for an hour went back in and tried source and then to HDMI and it came back on. I am so relieved, It is only a bedroom TV but we still used it occasionally
Thanks a million
Old 20-02-2020, 21:54   #10
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I am glad to say I done as you said with the plugs. at first no joy then I left it for an hour went back in and tried source and then to HDMI and it came back on. I am so relieved, It is only a bedroom TV but we still used it occasionally
Thanks a million
Great stuff