Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 20-08-2019, 22:36   #5236
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

I think i'll go and see it on Saturday. Dont forget Angel has Fallen is out this week as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-08-2019, 16:41   #5237
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Angel Has Fallen: 7/10

I love these films and this one is better than the second. Predictable from the outset with regards to the plot and who the bad guy is but a great film nonetheless and I highly recommend. I'll be going back to the cinema this weekend to see it again.
Old 22-08-2019, 09:04   #5238
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. 8/10

Very different in some respects to what I was expected and very much what I was expecting in some other respects. The film is a lot slower than some of Tarantino's other films and you sort of have to just go with it to enjoy it. If you do then it's a fun film.

Great cast who do well in though.

Spoiler: 

Spoiler warning, film is spoiled in next spoiler tag for reals!

Spoiler: 

I knew he would subvert the true story and have Tate come out alive but I didn't see it happening like that (I thought she would kill them). Brining back the flamethrower? Brilliant.

l have been looking forward to this film for a while as cast looks very good.
Old 18-09-2019, 16:22   #5239
General Maximus
Ran Away

Ad Astra: 1/10

It was very painful to sit through; dull and boring. There are things in it that shouldn't happen and did and things that did happen that shouldn't. Plot holes galore and at points I felt like when they got to the end of the film they said "shit, we need an extra 10 minutes to make up the runtime, lets go back and put this stupid scene in".

Save yourself two hours and avoid it like the plague.
Old 18-09-2019, 23:24   #5240
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Already booked my ticket for Saturday lol
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 23:37   #5241
General Maximus
Ran Away

Try and get a refund or take a pillow with you because your time will be better spent sleeping.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:05   #5242
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

It was very painful to sit through; dull and boring. There are things in it that shouldn't happen and did and things that did happen that shouldn't. Plot holes galore and at points I felt like when they got to the end of the film they said "shit, we need an extra 10 minutes to make up the runtime, lets go back and put this stupid scene in".

That is a pretty savage review there General as it must be a real turkey.
Old 19-09-2019, 09:07   #5243
General Maximus
Ran Away

It is so bad in so many ways
Old 19-09-2019, 16:37   #5244
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I was at the pictures yesterday and that was the first time in 30 odd years. Was delighted to say I really enjoyed Downton Abbey , fantastic picture and big screen and sound was perfect not forgetting the comfy recliner chairs. Might go back again if I see something else that looks good.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 21:54   #5245
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Gonna have to disagree again

Yeah I saw the plot holes but I wasn’t bored. I felt the mystery of the main story and the occasional incidents within the story kept me interested, I enjoyed it enough to keep me hooked and thought it was a beautifully shot film.

I dunno. Maybe 5/10? 6/10? I thought it compelling enough

Last edited by Damien; 22-09-2019 at 08:50.
Old 26-09-2019, 22:15   #5246
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

The Farewell - 9/10 : Great film! Funny and sad at the same time.
Old 27-09-2019, 01:49   #5247
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

It was very painful to sit through; dull and boring.
I looked at the trailers again over the weekend and decided it just didnt look that good, so I have avoided it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 16:49   #5248
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Downton Abbey two weeks ago . It was fantastic. This is the first movie have I been to the cinama to see in over 30 years. Comfortable seats and a wee table at your side. But I bought a small bottle of Iron Brew to take in and it cost £2 80. what a rip off.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 18:53   #5249
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Jo Jo Rabbit 7/10 : Funny film, quite enjoyable
The Lighthouse 6/10 : Very weird film that's like having a fever dream. Whole thing is not only black and white but shot in a 4:3(?) ratio i.e not widescreen.
The Report 8/10 : Investigative drama which was compelling to keep your attention throughout.
Old 06-10-2019, 22:46   #5250
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Bohemian Rhapsody. Bloke playing Freddie Mercury was brilliant, the music was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Would watch it over and over again. 10/10
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote