Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What deals did you get on Amazon Prime Day?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What deals did you get on Amazon Prime Day?

Old 18-07-2019, 01:46   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
What deals did you get on Amazon Prime Day?

Amazon is very popular for online shopping so did you get any awesome deals?

I bought 2 Amazon Firesticks 4K at 50% off and they are the best streaming devices I have so far used after side loading what i need.
Old 18-07-2019, 01:51   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: What deals did you get on Amazon Prime Day?

Nothing this time, though we buy something through Amazon most weeks ... under-bed storage crates were today’s essential yet mundane purchase. In fact I’m mildly annoyed by Prime Day because they’re blaming it for not guaranteeing delivery until Friday. I could really do with them tomorrow so I can get a job done.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 02:00   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I get my under bed storage boxes from Tesco.
Old 18-07-2019, 06:21   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Amazon is very popular for online shopping so did you get any awesome deals?

I bought 2 Amazon Firesticks 4K at 50% off and they are the best streaming devices I have so far used after side loading what i need.
My cousin did buy one of the Amazon Firesticks 4K sticks SnoopZ while l picked up a superb older series called Cosmos for £4.99 and couple of other video downloads for £3.
Old 18-07-2019, 08:02   #5
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Renewed our annual prime membership for £59 instead of the usual £79
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 08:29   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Not much. I think Prime Day is overhyped. Generally I have a rule that irrespective of discount I won't get anything that I would get anyway and that tends to end up with me not buying anything.

I have too much crap lying around already anyway.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 11:14   #7
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

None, Prime, is a rip off. Never paid for postage from Amazon, and it still comes within a day or 2. I know it has extra gimmicks but nothing worth my while. Had it for free over Xmas, which was a slight bonus, then cancelled then they extended for a month and i still cancelled. Also blagged Audible free for 3 months aswell, which they also extended when i tried to cancel. Its the only way to play these schemes. A continuous monthly payment, which they hope you'll forget, is everything to them.

Last edited by Mr K; 18-07-2019 at 11:18.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 11:20   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
None, Prime, is a rip off. Never paid for postage from Amazon, and it still comes within a day or 2. I know it has extra gimmicks but nothing worth my while. A continuous monthly payment which you'll forget is everything to these schemes.
I wouldn't call it a rip off, when you get Prime TV, unlimited photo upload, some streaming music and deals like Prime Day, but if you wouldn't benefit from any of that then no point paying for it.

What i've saved getting these 4K sticks nearly pays for a years subscription.
Old 18-07-2019, 11:28   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I wouldn't call it a rip off, when you get Prime TV, unlimited photo upload, some streaming music and deals like Prime Day, but if you wouldn't benefit from any of that then no point paying for it.

What i've saved getting these 4K sticks nearly pays for a years subscription.
Typical of Mr K in seeing the negative of Prime.
Old 18-07-2019, 11:41   #10
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Typical of Mr K in seeing the negative of Prime.
What, paying for it ?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 11:46   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
What, paying for it ?
£79 a year is very good value especially when one has a fair sized household.
Old 18-07-2019, 11:53   #12
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Having same day delivery with Prime is a life saver when your kids mention that they need a costume for school the next day...

This year, I bought a new set of Tefal non-stick pans for £80. They're now £160 so happy with that (well as a happy as you can be when you realised your 'treat' was a set of saucepans)
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 11:56   #13
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Online Shopping . . . . Destroying a High Street near you
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 12:04   #14
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I do both - support local butchers and tradespeople, and also shop online for the things they can't offer me (bought Google Mesh Wifi 3 pack on Prime Day).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 12:05   #15
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Online Shopping . . . . Destroying a High Street near you
Yes and can't see it changing any time soon, i prefer to shop online for most items.