Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Poll: What are your favourite channels on Digital TV?
View Poll Results: What is your favourite range Digital TV channels
Virgin Media TV Channels such as Living,Bravo,Virgin 1 ect... 13 19.70%
Sky Channels (Sky 1,Sky Real Lives ect...) 6 9.09%
UKTV/Dave channels 6 9.09%
ITV channels 1 1.52%
MTV channels incl TMF and VH1/2 1 1.52%
BBC channels 18 27.27%
Discovery Europe incl DMAX and Animal planet 10 15.15%
Others 11 16.67%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-05-2008, 18:18   #1
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Poll: What are your favourite channels on Digital TV?

Which range of channels do you prefer the most?

Virgin TV(Living,Bravo,Virgin1 ect...)
Sky (Sky1 and Sky Real lives ect...)
Discovery Europe (Discovery,Animal planet ect...)
MTV channels
ITV
BBC
UKTV/Dave
Any other?
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2008, 18:26   #2
Ryan91
Inactive

Services: Sky 6 mixes Sky Broadband MAX
Ryan91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Poll: What are your favourite channels on Digital TV?

virgin media channels for me
Ryan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 18:27   #3
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

Sky Three
Dave
UKTV People
CCTV-9
Russia Today
France 24
FX
Zone Reality
Zone Reality Extra
Zone Horror
Zone Thriller
UTV (for news as i used to live in Co. Dublin & its the closest thing that we have to Irish TV)
Shorts TV
Channel M
BBC1 West Midlands (for news as im from the Midlands & i like to see whats going on in the area)
MTV Dance
Virgin 1
DW-TV
Movies4Men
Movies4Men 2
Movies 24
True Movies
True Movies 2
TCM
National Geographic
Bravo
Bravo 2
Challenge
CNN International (Europe)
Euronews
Sci Fi Channel (UK)
Travel Channel
Travel Channel 2
Life One
Film 4
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 18:29   #4
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Yeah me too
Old 13-05-2008, 18:32   #5
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

also i used to like Wonderful when they used to show programs from VOA TV, WorldNet, PBS & DW-TV. but they'v stopped showing them now & show more religious programming, which is of no interest to me.
Old 13-05-2008, 18:36   #6
m419
Inactive

Well thats why I like Virgin Media to Sky. Sky has to many unecessary channels
Old 13-05-2008, 18:42   #7
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

as has been said so many times before just cuz you think that a channel(s) is unnecessary doesnt mean that everyone else does, after all everyones different

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

ppl seem to think that if they only like certain channels then everyone will only like them.
Old 13-05-2008, 18:46   #8
m419
Inactive

Yeah your right there,but I bet viewing statistics are low for such channels, thats why Virgin don't get them on. There is a slight demand for God channel in some regions as its still on Virgin at the moment and it was on in some Telewest analogue areas in the late 90's.

I know some people are upset about the fact that they cannot get Hellenic TV (A greek channel) charged at an extra premium per month on analogue. Its only available through ex-Telewest(Cable London) analogue in North London.

If there is a demand of about 3,000 customers in one region, do you think it is necessary to provide it digitally and nationally???

Bare in mind its a premium channel

Its just that someone I know have recieved a letter basically stating upgrade to digital or get off .
Old 13-05-2008, 18:51   #9
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

i wasnt having ago at you in general it just pees me off that ppl cant see that everyones different for example everyone likes different kinds of food. anyways the other thing that ppl have to remember is that Sky have customers/viewers as far away as North Africa (unofficially) so to be fair to both services you cant compare the two on viewing figures as Sky has an advantage as any satellite pay tv company will. the thing with VM tho is that they seem scared (or maybe unwilling ?) to carry any channel(s) other then the most popular. i personally think that they need to take some risks if you like, other cable companies around the world carry 'less popular' channels but VM dont.
Old 13-05-2008, 19:20   #10
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

FX
Sci-Fi UK
Virgin 1
Bravo
Living
Dave
UK Gold
Challenge
Film 4
E4
C4
True Movies
Movies 24

oh and

ITV 1 2 & 4
BBC 1 2 & 3

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 19:23   #11
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

ah i forgot Film 4 i'l add that to me list.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

? does anyone know what happened to The Studio ?
Old 13-05-2008, 21:37   #12
sakiblateef
Inactive

sakiblateef will become famous soon enoughsakiblateef will become famous soon enoughsakiblateef will become famous soon enough

Star network
Zee network
Ary Digital
Sony TV

and some of the ones mentioned above.
sakiblateef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 22:18   #13
FairyFairy
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Tv V+/Broadband/Phone
FairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of lightFairyFairy is a glorious beacon of light

.. and you forgot Gems TV

I'm blinking addicted to that!!!
FairyFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 22:34   #14
Losttheplot

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-cable-guy View Post
ah i forgot Film 4 i'l add that to me list.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

? does anyone know what happened to The Studio ?
The Studio closed down as neither ntl or Universal wanted to spend the money required to make it an attractive enough channel.
Old 13-05-2008, 22:39   #15
senna123
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media cable TV (ex.ntl), broadband internet and home phone.
senna123 is an unknown quantity at this point

On Virgin Media TV:
BBC channels,
ITV channels,
Channel 4,
Five,
UKTV Gold,
Dave,
Virgin 1,
Sky channels (when they were avaliable),
Bravo,
E4,
Zone Reality,