Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 500mb Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

500mb Question

Old 29-06-2019, 11:45   #166
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 500mb Question

Just a heads up if others haven't seen the other thread, M200 now has an upload on 20mbit.
Old 29-06-2019, 12:11   #167
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
I was still in contract until November but have just upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph package for 12 months and my payments have gone down to £99 a month, the same price as a new customer. I didn't even have to negotiate the price. Just done a speed test 519.26 download and 42.58 upload . I've checked and I still have all the channels including the kids, so top marks from me.
Interesting, what does your config show for the upload?
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 12:16   #168
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Interesting, what does your config show for the upload?
M200 upload news is here.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...6#post36000796
Old 29-06-2019, 12:23   #169
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I know

I was wondering what his 500 config was for the upload, if they've set it to 45/50 if he's getting over 40
Old 29-06-2019, 13:20   #170
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Just a heads up if others haven't seen the other thread, M200 now has an upload on 20mbit.
Not for me
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 14:54   #171
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Hi Synthetic, is this what you were asking for?
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 15:34   #172
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
snip
You're provisioned at 38 the same as everyone else on M500.
Old 30-06-2019, 12:34   #173
Synthetic
cf.geek

Yep that's what i was after
Old 01-07-2019, 17:37   #174
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to this M500 there be a Price rise in September....I say those that want the M500 should pay this price rise whilst the rest of us stay as we are.
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 18:24   #175
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Red face Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
Thanks to this M500 there be a Price rise in September....I say those that want the M500 should pay this price rise whilst the rest of us stay as we are.
The price rise happens every year, nothing to do with m500
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 20:53   #176
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
You're provisioned at 38 the same as everyone else on M500.
Probably a freak result then , the sort you get sometimes when your processor is struggling with the demands of the speed test. You can get wild fluctuations that don't reflect your real speed. Or possibly the Speed test opp is misbehaving as usual. I have had bizarre results using that too.

Last edited by roughbeast; 01-07-2019 at 20:57.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 11:39   #177
MattGarner
cf.member

MattGarner is an unknown quantity at this point

Question regarding 500 and anything above 200 actually. What does it take for Virgin Media to offer those speeds in an area? For example on a new housing estate with a fairly new cabinet installation but only 200 is available at the moment.
MattGarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 12:44   #178
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

this is a very funny and long story. The top tier will be available to your area but there is a process VM go through for new builds to make sure everything is up and running properly. Another forum member moved to a newly built estate last year which VM was actively working on putting in brand new everything. The estate was still under construction and being completed in sections. Promises were made regarding connection dates and tier availability and even though half of the estate was fully completed and connected, VM waited several months for all work to be completed on the estate and additional upgrade work off the estate before they made all services fully available.

The delay is frustrating from a customers point of view because you think "just connect me and if it works great but if it doesn't no worries" but tbh I applaud VM for sticking to a robust and logical work ethic and putting quality first by making sure everything works and is in place to deliver a quality service.

I wouldn't even bother ringing VM because I can guarantee any date they give you for anything won't be true. Whether they lie to get you off the phone believe they are giving you a genuine date on the system, it will inevitably be delayed and put back again and again and again.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 13:06   #179
MattGarner
cf.member

MattGarner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
this is a very funny and long story. The top tier will be available to your area but there is a process VM go through for new builds to make sure everything is up and running properly. Another forum member moved to a newly built estate last year which VM was actively working on putting in brand new everything. The estate was still under construction and being completed in sections. Promises were made regarding connection dates and tier availability and even though half of the estate was fully completed and connected, VM waited several months for all work to be completed on the estate and additional upgrade work off the estate before they made all services fully available.

The delay is frustrating from a customers point of view because you think "just connect me and if it works great but if it doesn't no worries" but tbh I applaud VM for sticking to a robust and logical work ethic and putting quality first by making sure everything works and is in place to deliver a quality service.

I wouldn't even bother ringing VM because I can guarantee any date they give you for anything won't be true. Whether they lie to get you off the phone believe they are giving you a genuine date on the system, it will inevitably be delayed and put back again and again and again.
Somewhat makes sense - As I do believe there is a section of the development that still needs to be completed. But yeah we got VM installed last weekend and working great so far. We shall see how long it takes for them to be sending emails or something saying we can get faster internet :P

Last edited by MattGarner; 31-07-2019 at 13:12.
MattGarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 14:13   #180
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarner View Post
Question regarding 500 and anything above 200 actually. What does it take for Virgin Media to offer those speeds in an area? For example on a new housing estate with a fairly new cabinet installation but only 200 is available at the moment.
I was offered 500mb from 200mb 2 months ago but have yet to reach 500mb kinda disappointed with this tier as the 200mb I would get on a speedtest all day long maybe its because its new my daughter was offered the similar package with the 350mb package
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote