Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Been proven right

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Been proven right

Old 20-08-2018, 15:36   #31
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Been proven right

I'm astonished this thread has been allowed? Arthur price increases occur every year and often twice or three times a year. You cannot connect UKTV returning to it? You genuinely have no proof for this but your opinion?

I literally am staggered this has been allowed to get to two pages!!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2018, 15:46   #32
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I'm astonished this thread has been allowed? Arthur price increases occur every year and often twice or three times a year. You cannot connect UKTV returning to it? You genuinely have no proof for this but your opinion?

I literally am staggered this has been allowed to get to two pages!!
Three now...……...
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 15:57   #33
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Try increasing your posts per page setting.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 16:07   #34
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Be thankful it's a modest increase. You could be living in Venezuela where inflation is tipped to exceed 1,000,000% per year.
Old 20-08-2018, 17:15   #35
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Be thankful it's a modest increase. You could be living in Venezuela where inflation is tipped to exceed 1,000,000% per year.
VM (Venezuela) will be increasing prices by 3,000,000% then
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 23:36   #36
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonder how many leave.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 08:03   #37
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I said recently on this forum that there will be price rises as a result of the deal with UKTV.

I have been proved right. Prices are now going up - and customers are correct in complaining, and also planning on leaving VM.

VM simply cannot treat us a money machine.

They are NOT providing us with the entertainment packages that we need.

My broadband service is slow. Yet, CS have stated that it is the speed that we are paying for - and its the top one

I am not prepared to pay such an increase for the service - yes, we have Sky, and have the channels that VM doesn't have - ie SA.

We have the phoine and BB. But, my wages haven't gone up. So l am NOT prepared to bust my household budget because VM are being greedy

So what are you going to do about it Arthur?
Old 22-08-2018, 09:35   #38
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Topic!
Old 22-08-2018, 16:37   #39
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Yes but even when a chicken costs millions/billions of Venezuelan euros it still only equates to £1.42

Might catch up with our prices before long.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 17:00   #40
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

You can always vote with your feet, Arthur. Just bare in mind all of them raise their prices.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 18:26   #41
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
You can always vote with your feet, Arthur. Just bare in mind all of them raise their prices.
Exactly..
Old 22-08-2018, 19:36   #42
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

We're all quoting Reagan now, lol.
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 22:26   #43
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Lets prove a point here.

How many members were complaining about VM increased there prices THREE TIMES last year. Yes, l was one of them.

Sky increase only once per year.

Not unless someone can prove me wrong

I believe its wrong when a company increases prices. And doesn't show any new channels. And +1s are not new channels are they.

Can you prove me wrong - yes, l am surprised that this topic has gone to three pages. And by the looks of it, it will go to four.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 22:36   #44
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Lets prove a point here.

How many members were complaining about VM increased there prices THREE TIMES last year. Yes, l was one of them.

Sky increase only once per year.

Not unless someone can prove me wrong

I believe its wrong when a company increases prices. And doesn't show any new channels. And +1s are not new channels are they.

Can you prove me wrong - yes, l am surprised that this topic has gone to three pages. And by the looks of it, it will go to four.

The only point you have proven is you're still.
Old 23-08-2018, 05:17   #45
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
True, but after VM recently encouraged their customers to look at what Freeview has to offer, some might find that this meets their needs. The channels currently on Freeview and/or Freesat actually offer more than I was paying for on pay TV at one point!

Also, to get around these constant price rises, some might go for a much cheaper streaming service option, where the starting price is lower to start with.

Unless you're a sports fan, the argument for paying for TV is getting weaker IMO.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote