Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 02-04-2013, 21:22   #181
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I invoke Godwin's Law.....

You cheapen the memory of Martin Niemöller, and the time he (and millions of others) spent in Saschenhausen and Dachau, by comparing reducing some benefits with the Holocaust.

Shame on you.
@Gary

That'll be that history thing again proving a real pain isn't it
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 21:27   #182
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I invoke Godwin's Law.....
Never heard of him.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
@Gary

That'll be that history thing again proving a real pain isn't it
Marty, I checked up the confusion thing about the milk. Maggie did one better than that other bloke who took it off the big kids. she took it off the little kids
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:34   #183
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
The disabled should always be looked after in my opinion, however people who have kids to get money and people who have never worked a day in their life should be hit hard. My wife has a friend who has a number of kids by different people and gets a 4 bedroomed house paid for - how can that be right?
Exactly the kind of thing that shouldn't exist.If you can't afford kids you shouldn't have them,or if you do make sure you expand your income to be able to pay for your family.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:34   #184
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Never heard of him.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Marty, I checked up the confusion thing about the milk. Maggie did one better than that other bloke who took it off the big kids. she took it off the little kids

so what you really mean is it's ok for labour to do it but god help the tories if they try it ,totally missing the point and fact that many policies started by any party in power are usually finished by the party that follows .

You didn't drink the milk anyway you just shoved the straws up your nose and pretended to be a walrus
Old 02-04-2013, 21:41   #185
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
so what you really mean is it's ok for labour to do it but god help the tories if they try it ,totally missing the point and fact that many policies started by any party in power are usually finished by the party that follows .
No. because you're on the defensive. you're pretending that it's not about the obvious big kids that can go without. and the little kids who loved it. and the bad dragon taking it away from them.

Quote:
You didn't drink the milk anyway you just shoved the straws up your nose and pretended to be a walrus
I stuck them up other kids noses. I didn't like the smell. it smelt like sick
Old 02-04-2013, 21:45   #186
Will21st
Inactive

Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
No. because you're on the defensive. you're pretending that it's not about the obvious big kids that can go without. and the little kids who loved it. and the bad dragon taking it away from them.
Yeah,but...
Quote:
I stuck them up other kids noses. I didn't like the smell. it smelt like sick
... you weren't one of them?
Old 02-04-2013, 21:48   #187
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Yeah,but...

... you weren't one of them?
Everybody knows you used to drink the milk whilst holding your nose
Old 02-04-2013, 21:53   #188
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
Everybody knows you used to drink the milk whilst holding your nose
gotta disappoint you dear Gary,I wasn't educated in this country. No free milk or school meals in Germany.You could buy all sorts of snacks though.Banana and Chocolate milk were my favourites. I used to stick the straw where the sun don't shine and blow bubbles that way.The other kids laughed but not the teacher...

Old 02-04-2013, 21:55   #189
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Sounds depressing

Anyway. welcome to Britain!

how long you stopping?
Old 02-04-2013, 21:59   #190
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
Sounds depressing
No,was a great laugh.
Quote:
Anyway. welcome to Britain!
Oh, a Brit being welcomed home by another Brit. Thank you Gary!
Quote:
how long you stopping?
Let's see,as long as my British passport which I acquired by being born in this country to British parents allows me to... another couple of years maybe?Maybe a bit more.
My sights are firmly on the US though,so who knows.
Old 02-04-2013, 22:14   #191
Gary L
cf.mega poster

They're doing a deal on one way flights at the moment
Old 02-04-2013, 22:16   #192
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
They're doing a deal on one way flights at the moment
Send 'em back? I'm home already,dear Gary. Rubbish comment,by the way,but then I expect no less from you,so....

and in any case,you'd miss me...
Old 02-04-2013, 22:21   #193
Gary L
cf.mega poster

To America. where you said you'd love to go.

you're not trying to get me into trouble are you? asking me to post that so you can use the "send em back" thing?

Anyway. loads of stuff in the news about all this benefit cuts thing. I'll post some in a bit.
Old 02-04-2013, 22:26   #194
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
To America. where you said you'd love to go.

you're not trying to get me into trouble are you? asking me to post that so you can use the "send em back" thing?

Anyway. loads of stuff in the news about all this benefit cuts thing. I'll post some in a bit.
No need to get you in trouble,you're doing that fine just by yourself.Take care.

Are you referring to the guy who generated benefits income through his numerous kids and burned them alive? Can't wait for your thoughts on that.
Old 02-04-2013, 22:33   #195
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
No need to get you in trouble,you're doing that fine just by yourself.Take care.

Are you referring to the guy who generated benefits income through his numerous kids and burned them alive? Can't wait for your thoughts on that.
I'm eating. hang on