Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 03-06-2015, 18:20   #1486
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

David Cameron refuses to rule out disability benefit cuts

https://www.politicshome.com/economy....RqeIJ3rR.dpuf
Old 03-06-2015, 20:08   #1487
RizzyKing

Everyone knows that the most vulnerable will be hit hardest by the coming cuts and the majority don't care so doesn't really matter anymore to be honest, we'll hear the usual rubbish about "those most in need will be protected" and it will be completely forgotten five seconds after it's said.
Old 03-06-2015, 20:42   #1488
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

As we know politicians talk with forked tongue.
Old 04-06-2015, 16:07   #1489
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Everyone knows that the most vulnerable will be hit hardest by the coming cuts and the majority don't care so doesn't really matter anymore to be honest, we'll hear the usual rubbish about "those most in need will be protected" and it will be completely forgotten five seconds after it's said.
Sadly the new company doing the assessments are just as bad as the old one Rizzy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rebar_facebook
Old 04-06-2015, 16:28   #1490
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sadly the new company doing the assessments are just as bad as the old one Rizzy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rebar_facebook
NHS guidance for Parkinson's
Quote:
It's important to do what you can to stay physically and mentally healthy if you have Parkinson's disease.
Regular exercise is particularly important in helping relieve muscle stiffness, improving your mood and relieving stress. There are many good activities you can do to help keep yourself fit, ranging from more active sports like tennis and cycling, to less strenuous activities such as walking, gardening and yoga.
Being diagnosed with Parkinson's doesn't mean you have to stop working. Many people with the condition keep working for years after their diagnosis.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 16:41   #1491
denphone
Still alive and fighting

The question is about whether she is fit for work and the answer is no...
Old 04-06-2015, 17:02   #1492
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
The question is about whether she is fit for work and the answer is no...
And the evidence is.....?
The previous ESA award seems unrelated to any Parkinson's.
Quote:
Miss Leek was diagnosed in June 2012 after treatment for a back and neck injury as a result of an accident two years earlier.
“I had X-rays and an MRI scan but I had to keep going back to my doctor because I knew something was not right,” she said.
Miss Leek had to give up her job as assistant manager of the Spar shop on Farndon Road, Newark, because her condition was affecting her work. She had a supermarket job for two months but was released on the grounds of ill-health.
Quote:
In August 2012 Julia was told she was eligible for ESA, and underwent her first medical four months later.
You can apply, but it doesn't make you fully eligible at the time. You have to wait for the assessment, which in her case was 4/5 months Later

Michael J Fox was able to continue working.
Old 04-06-2015, 17:14   #1493
denphone
Still alive and fighting

The thing is her health has worsened considerably and thus how she can be deemed to be fit for work now is beyond me especially given the first two medicals deemed her unfit for work.
Old 04-06-2015, 17:22   #1494
RizzyKing

I've recently been ruled fit for work despite three consultant's, two gp's and two special nurses strongly disagreeing and all have stated they will attend the appeal and give evidence or whatever it is you do in an appeal. My date for the appeal has not been finalised and last I heard the backlog was nearing the two year mark so god knows how long but I'm not criticising it on the net well and truly learnt my lesson there.
Old 04-06-2015, 17:40   #1495
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The thing is her health has worsened considerably and thus how she can be deemed to be fit for work now is beyond me especially given the first two medicals deemed her unfit for work.
The other medicals were related to the neck and back injuries. Those things have probably eased off by now. That will be the reason for the changed decision. She wasn't placed in the support group so it was obvious that she might IMPROVE. There is no mention of current MEDICAL evidence of continuing neck and back problems.
Quote:
In August 2012 she was told she was eligible for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) of £218 a fortnight and attended an interview at Newark Job Centre.
That won't happen if you're in the support group.
Old 04-06-2015, 21:27   #1496
MarsBar
Permanently Banned

MarsBar is on a distinguished roadMarsBar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
David Cameron refuses to rule out disability benefit cuts

https://www.politicshome.com/economy....RqeIJ3rR.dpuf
Ah well,at least that will keep the Daily Fail readers happy.
MarsBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 22:01   #1497
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Why, don't they receive any benefits or services that might be cut?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 22:24   #1498
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Well, this problem will hit me pretty hard.

My wife had a nasty accident some two months ago. She fell down the stairs and has founf out she has a fracture of one of the vertbrea in her spine.
She has been told that she cannot moved, so has to stay on a hard surface and cannot move about.

She has been told that she is fit to work. Her GP and the hospital has said that she cannot do anything. As one major move will cripple her.

She cannot work any longer - but l am certain that those son of a bitch will say she is fit enough after all the stories that l have heard.

Is the main reason why Cameron wasn't going to tell you what cuts he was going to make. Otherwise he would not have got back in

He makes me sick. There are no need for anymore cuts.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 22:42   #1499
MarsBar
Permanently Banned

MarsBar is on a distinguished roadMarsBar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Why, don't they receive any benefits or services that might be cut?
I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I mean.

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Well, this problem will hit me pretty hard.

My wife had a nasty accident some two months ago. She fell down the stairs and has founf out she has a fracture of one of the vertbrea in her spine.
She has been told that she cannot moved, so has to stay on a hard surface and cannot move about.

She has been told that she is fit to work. Her GP and the hospital has said that she cannot do anything. As one major move will cripple her.

She cannot work any longer - but l am certain that those son of a bitch will say she is fit enough after all the stories that l have heard.

Is the main reason why Cameron wasn't going to tell you what cuts he was going to make. Otherwise he would not have got back in

He makes me sick. There are no need for anymore cuts.
Indeed there is,but from greedy bankers but somehow I don't ever see that happening any day soon.
We ALL knew it was coming,this is just the beginning of the end.
MarsBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 23:04   #1500
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I'd be really interested to know whether anyone 'moaning' about the cuts actually voted Dave back in.
(not neccessarily people on here)

same with those who are affected or are worried that cuts in aything will affect them financially or whateverly.

are those people really surprised?
were they really expecting not to be affected?
was it all supposed to be just the non working people you thought were going to be hit?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote