Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 17-01-2020, 12:37   #136
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I hadn't seen your post cheekyangus sorry, I was replying to MB

I am sure we will see how it unravels soon enough
Oops. I too didn't see MB's new post, I glanced and didn't notice it, or that you quoted it.

It irony being I was replying to MB elsewhere at the time, and was distracted.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-01-2020, 12:50   #137
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Oops. I too didn't see MB's new post, I glanced and didn't notice it, or that you quoted it.

It irony being I was replying to MB elsewhere at the time, and was distracted.
It happens to the best of us lol
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 14:06   #138
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

"It irony". Oh deary me. That coffee was clearly faulty.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 14:58   #139
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

I know it's not Coming Soon, but currently LFCTV HD is free to view on channel 544. Programs appear to be available for the next 2 weeks, although the guide says TBA from 6.00am on Wednesday 29th January.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 15:37   #140
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
I know it's not Coming Soon, but currently LFCTV HD is free to view on channel 544. Programs appear to be available for the next 2 weeks, although the guide says TBA from 6.00am on Wednesday 29th January.
TiVo home page did reveal on Monday that LFC TV HD will be free to view from January 17th to January 20th. then back to paywall.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 15:46   #141
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
TiVo home page did reveal on Monday that LFC TV HD will be free to view from January 17th to January 20th. then back to paywall.
That is what l saw as well so its a little freebie one can make the most of unless one is a Man Utd supporter.
Old 17-01-2020, 17:41   #142
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That is what l saw as well so its a little freebie one can make the most of unless one is a Man Utd supporter.
Or couldn't care less
Old 17-01-2020, 20:50   #143
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
went searching for this apparently "free" la liga channel and then saw i had LFC TV for some bizarre reason. wasnt what i was expecting!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 21:48   #144
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
went searching for this apparently "free" la liga channel and then saw i had LFC TV for some bizarre reason. wasnt what i was expecting!
Old 17-01-2020, 23:30   #145
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Sky platform only, virgin customers shafted yet again.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 19:18   #146
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Wondering about the future of Fox (ch. 157)

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/01/disn...ox-assets.html
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 21:58   #147
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Wondering about the future of Fox (ch. 157)

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/01/disn...ox-assets.html
I agree with rebranding the Fox channels and removing the "Fox" from Searchlight to separate them from the other Fox TV companies. But I would keep the full "20th Century Fox" brand as it has a lot of movie-making heritage and seems quite distinct from Fox TV.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 00:40   #148
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I agree with rebranding the Fox channels and removing the "Fox" from Searchlight to separate them from the other Fox TV companies. But I would keep the full "20th Century Fox" brand as it has a lot of movie-making heritage and seems quite distinct from Fox TV.
who owns fox uk? is it disney now or fox corporation?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 01:07   #149
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
who owns fox uk? is it disney now or fox corporation?
Disney.https://www.foxtv.co.uk/info/privacy-policy
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 12:40   #150
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I would put money on it launching at the start of the new 2020/21 Premier League season in August

Looking forward to watching Forest in 4K/UHD next season ;-)
Exactly when I am expecting it. It happened before with the HD when we got that so makes sense to hold onto it for another few months exclusively.

With the little I have seen with VAR I'm happy to stay down another season until they sort all that out
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote