Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Using Rediffusion Ducts & Sharing 20mb Broadband

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

For those suffering long term problems

Old 01-06-2007, 06:35   #1
m044bz00
Inactive

Services: 20Mbps BB
m044bz00 will become famous soon enoughm044bz00 will become famous soon enoughm044bz00 will become famous soon enough
For those suffering long term problems

For those suffering long term problems I really do sympathise.

I've recently endured more than 5 weeks of true NTLHell over speed issues and outages and spending more than 10 hours on the phone. This isn't for those who want instant action because a fault has appeared and you're looking to jump the queue. I'd got pages and pages of details of phone calls etc over the last 5 weeks

All too often they were willing to try and shut me up with discounts or extra channels when all I wanted was the services I'd ordered.

The breaking point came when another engineer was booked and I was told I'd have to wait another 8 days, this was with no connection whatsoever.

I said that if I had to wait the 8 days for an engineer he could take their STB and SACM with him as I'd move over to SKY

I phoned CS, asked to make an official complaint about the faults department and speak to their Manager.

You can now make official complaints over the telephone, it used to be just in writing.

I was then put through to TS in the UK, explained the issues and what CS had said and done about making an official complaint and I was put through to a TS Customer Care Officer.

I knew straight away from simply talking to her that for the first time in more than a month I was finally getting somewhere. She would monitor my connection to see if it came back online and then contact me, if not then see about getting an engineer to me before the 8 days

The folllowing day I had a call at work, an engineer will be with you in the afternoon,, he came sorted out the issues.

Within minutes another chap phoned me to apologise for all the issues, explain the new official complaint procedure and tell me that once I was happy that the fault had been rectified I should then contact CS if I wished to discuss any discounts for all the trouble. (I'm still ok but not counting any chickens yet)

I also had another call later, again just to check all was still ok and apologise.

The service during that 24 hour period was spot on, it's such a shame that to get it you have to endure a living hell and threaten to leave.

Hopefully some of the above maybe of help to others
m044bz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2007, 07:14   #2
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: For those suffering long term problems

8 days for a tech that is a long time
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:59   #3
xspeedyx

Re: For those suffering long term problems

Glad its all good now
Old 01-06-2007, 14:36   #4
piggy
Inactive

piggy has disabled reputation
Unhappy Re: For those suffering long term problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedkelly View Post
stoke have been a week out because of the internet issues 99% of calls have not been home related and should not have been trucked on but thats another story
piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 15:04   #5
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: For those suffering long term problems

We have the epg download oh what fun
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 15:17   #6
m044bz00
Inactive

Services: 20Mbps BB
m044bz00 will become famous soon enoughm044bz00 will become famous soon enoughm044bz00 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy View Post
stoke have been a week out because of the internet issues 99% of calls have not been home related and should not have been trucked on but thats another story
nah, no issues In Stoke

I should know as I've probably been told more times than anyone that there are no problems

Those who are still having issues though I suggest you at least try and follow the above line as it worked for me
m044bz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 17:05   #7
janipewter
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Multiroom, VM XL Phone, VM XXL BB
janipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to janipewter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedkelly View Post
Really? Last time we had a tech booked, they said he would be round on Thursday (5 days after I called). Guess what, he turned up 3 weeks later.
janipewter is offline   Reply With Quote