Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 31-12-2007, 20:57   #1666
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Captivity

Very predictable plot, ok acting and a slight twist at the end that I didnt predict.

4\10

The Omega Man

God you can tell its a 1974 film but very well acted, I think Heston done a good job with the script he was given I dont know how far it deviated from the book but from what I have read elsewhere it was a virtual re-write and that Matheson didnt want his name connected with the film.

7\10
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-12-2007, 21:41   #1667
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

talking about The Omega Man, thats by far the better option if your thinking of seeing I Am Legend is a 2007 post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film directed by Francis Lawrence and starring Will Smith. Smith plays virologist Robert Neville, possibly Earth's only human survivor of a man-made virus. He works to create a cure while living in a city inhabited by nocturnal mutant victims of the plague. "

IAL is total and utter tosh on story, and very little more on acting, the FX are werth a small mention and thats about it.

shame really, as the zombie and his dogs could have been SO MUCH more for plotline, but ill not say anything more, as this version of the story is so shallow id give the whole film away by saying anything more....
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 19:51   #1668
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

RoboCop (Blu-ray Disc)

9/10. Classic stuff.

To think that Verhoeven later went on to do "Showgirls"...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 20:06   #1669
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Just saw Finding Neverland..loved it.Absolute magic.

10/10 for the perfect weepy afternoon film.

Now they are watching Diehard 4.

tried to watch it until the first impossible stunt move.
Old 01-01-2008, 22:53   #1670
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
National Treasure 2, what you'd expect IMHO, watchable tale 5/10
I'll be watching that partly because I enjoyed the first (I like brainless Indiana Jones style actioners) and partly because a lot of the London scenes were filmed in and around where I work.

The last film I saw? 300..

Good points? Lena Headey (soon to appear on V1 in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles").

Bad points? Pretty much everything else. In short, I found it to be one of the most boring films I have ever seen, and I wasn't too upset when my licence to watch it on Xbox Live expired before I had finished watching it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:27   #1671
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
(thread idea lifted from another forum )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.
bucket list,jack nicholsan,morgan freeman,great film great story 8/10
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 13:07   #1672
die5el
Inactive

die5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nice

The last film i saw was I am Legend worse film i had seen in ages 0 out of 10 rather had watched paint dry
die5el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 13:27   #1673
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

no country for old men -
i must be the only person who isnt a coen brothers fan but i gave it a go anyway. Good acting, good plot. No music made the film a little strange to start with but it was a clever idea i feel. Anyway the last 30 mins of the film kinda sucked and were boring but such is life The killing machine dude was awesome

5/10

Good luck chuck:
romcom/sex comedy - I didnt laugh and i didnt watch it for the sexy lady.
2/10 please try harder.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 20:02   #1674
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I Am Legend - 7/10
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 20:25   #1675
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

really pants.

thank god I only paid £5 from play otherwise I would have burned my house down with disappointment

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:59   #1676
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

The Kite Runner - 9/10

This movie is deep and shows the life of people in Afghanistan during the taliban rule... this movie was hard for me to watch and was very emotional since im an Afghan myself and i know what it was like to live in Afghanistan during the Taliban rule.

It would have got 10/10 rating from me but there were a few flaws, in this movie they showed the Taliban speaking in Dari, infact the Taliban almost 100% of the time speak in Pashto, the rest of the speaking from the other cast was in Dari and that was fine since it was mostly in Kabul where Dari is spoken more then Pashto.

A few other flaws was in the way they spoke the words in Dari, it didn't always make sense, now for someone who doesn't understand Dari and read the translation its fine, but when you understand the language and are taking more note of the speaking rather then the translation flaws are easily noticed...

Its disgusting what the Pashtun Afghans do to the Hazara Afghans (Chinese looking ones) tho... and it is usually much worse then they show.

anyways.... please go and see this movie! 9/10
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 17:32   #1677
zing_deleted

Death Sentence watched the unrated version of this and its a very brutal film well worth the watch
Old 05-01-2008, 18:28   #1678
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Watched Bully last night on Film4 - very good movie. Was surprised at the sentences though. 9/10
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:21   #1679
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

AVP-requiem .. all the action scenes are in the dark so its a bit hard to see whats going on , not impressed .
Old 06-01-2008, 12:33   #1680
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
AVP-requiem .. all the action scenes are in the dark so its a bit hard to see whats going on , not impressed .
I bet it would be easier to see in the cinema