Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 16:10   #301
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
The Box is the Mix pack or whatever the current equivalent is, Box Hits is "Fun" and 4Music is "Player". Do your own conversions to current names.
Player, Mix and Fun still exist but you can't choose to go on them

For current Mixit / Maxit, then The Box and Box Hits are in the Mixit Personal Pick 'Entertainment & Lifestyle', 4Music is in Mixit.
Old 01-02-2022, 16:40   #302
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Hopefully, most people know that Mixit = Player and Maxit = Full House, so any of the legacy packages in between will be available in Maxit. I can't say I've ever been a big fan of Virgin's package and bundle names but Mixit and Maxit.

As for the personal picks, yes, The Box and Box Hits are in the "Reality Tier" which is sold with channels in the "Entertainment Tier" as "Entertainment & Lifestyle". Not confusing at all.

Last edited by epsilon; 01-02-2022 at 16:44.
Old 01-02-2022, 16:48   #303
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Although Mixit has the same line up as Player, Player doesn't allow for Personal Picks to be added. So they are separate tiers of service as far as I'm aware.

Same for Maxit and Full House - Maxit doesn't include the Kids channels, so is a separate tier even if the rest of the included channels are the same.

So it's possible to add a channel to Mixit but not Player (and above for legacy tiers) or in Maxit but not Full House.

Also there is no customer facing 'Reality tier' or singular 'Entertainment tier' in the Personal Picks - https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...s_Feb_2022.pdf

The channels in 'Entertainment' are always linked to another set of channels. Excluding Kids.

Last edited by BenMcr; 01-02-2022 at 16:52.
Old 01-02-2022, 16:53   #304
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Hopefully, most people know that Mixit = Player and Maxit = Full House, so any of the legacy packages in between will be available in Maxit. I can't say I've ever been a big fan of Virgin's package and bundle names but Mixit and Maxit.

As for the personal picks, yes, The Box and Box Hits are in the "Reality Tier" which is sold with channels in the "Entertainment Tier" as "Entertainment & Lifestyle". Not confusing at all.
The Maxit/Full House thing isn't that straightforward as I recall. There was original Full House, which has Kids TV included, and latterly one was introduced without Kids TV, which became Maxit. At least that's my recollection.

But as this is in the context of discussing Music channel availablity, probably not relevant now I think about it.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

BenMcr beat me to it, and with less words.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

And he added more after I typed that. LOL.
Old 01-02-2022, 16:54   #305
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Sky forums says the extra Eurosport HD Channels may launch on Tuesday Virgin Media UK.

*Sky forums has confirmed that a extra 3 Eurosport HD Channels will launch on Astra UK on Tuesday.
UPDATE:

Sky now reporting that a extra 3 Eurosport HD Channels will now launch on Astra UK on Wednesday.

Quote:
Wednesday 2nd

Eurosport Winter Olympics Channels launch

Eurosport 3 HD launches
Eurosport 4 HD launches
Eurosport 5 HD launches
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...2/td-p/3908814
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 01-02-2022, 16:54   #306
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Sorry
Old 01-02-2022, 16:55   #307
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The Maxit/Full House thing isn't that straightforward as I recall. There was original Full House, which has Kids TV included, and latterly one was introduced without Kids TV, which became Maxit. At least that's my recollection.

But as this is in the context of discussing Music channel availablity, probably not relevant now I think about it.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

BenMcr beat me to it, and with less words.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

From what I have heard, Virgin is "upgrading" customers on the legacy Full House package to Maxit + Kids sans International channels. Yay!
Old 01-02-2022, 16:59   #308
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

I don't see why it wouldn't be a straight swap for any change activity.

Changes to move customers off legacy tiers of service are to help reduce the complexity of billing, not to introduce a new variation.
Old 01-02-2022, 17:06   #309
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I don't see why it wouldn't be a straight swap for any change activity.

Changes to move customers off legacy tiers of service are to help reduce the complexity of billing, not to introduce a new variation.
Right but I'm not sure how losing the international channels from the legacy "Full House" but still being charged the same price qualifies as an "upgrade". That said, most people won't miss the Asian channels. But very nice of Virgin to offer to sell the Asian Mela add-on to anyone missing these channels (which are FTA on Sky).
Old 01-02-2022, 17:13   #310
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Right but I'm not sure how losing the international channels from the legacy "Full House" but still being charged the same price qualifies as an "upgrade". That said, most people won't miss the Asian channels. But very nice of Virgin to offer to sell the Asian Mela add-on to anyone missing these channels (which are FTA on Sky).
It started in April 2019: https://www.tvchannellists.com/w/Lis...-_New_Packages

I lost some last year when I was looking to save money - My Sky Sports HD deal is up later this year.
Old 01-02-2022, 17:17   #311
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
It started in April 2019: https://www.tvchannellists.com/w/Lis...-_New_Packages

I lost some last year when I was looking to save money - My Sky Sports HD deal is up later this year.
The new packages have, indeed, been around for a while but co-existing with legacy packages. I think the free "upgrades" that result in customers losing channels are a relatively new thing.
Old 01-02-2022, 17:28   #312
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
The new packages have, indeed, been around for a while but co-existing with legacy packages. I think the free "upgrades" that result in customers losing channels are a relatively new thing.
After I call up last year Virgin remove a following channels from my TV Box:

-Cartoon Network
-Cartoon Network +1
-Cartoonito
-Nickelodeon
-Nick +1
-Nick HD
-Nick Junior
-Nick Jr Too
-Nicktoons
-Boomerang
-Boomerang +1
-Cartoon Network HD
-SONY SAB
-B4U Music
-Colors Gujarati (Channel was not broadcasting at time - Channel was still to launch)
-COLORS HD
-Colors Rishtey
-Colors Cineplex
Old 01-02-2022, 17:34   #313
epsilon
cf.geek

That's fairly normal for someone phoning retentions to save money and being put onto a new package. Not quite the same as someone on a legacy pack getting an unsolicited "upgrade" via email. Colors Gujarati has only ever been in the Asian Pack, it arrived a bit late for legacy Full House.
Old 01-02-2022, 21:14   #314
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I had a call about a couple of weeks ago from their offshore place saying I was being 'upgraded' from Full House (with a tone that suggested that I had no choice in the matter).

Basically, I would have been paying £9 more and losing the kids channels. There was no mention of the Asian channels. I don't watch either, but they are useful for when children are here to keep them occupied and the Asian channels are used when Indian friends visit from Birmingham and abroad.

In return, I was told that I wouldn't face an increase in March. So, I was expected to pay £9 extra a month from January, in return for less channels and saving £6 from March!!!

I told her to leave my account alone and, as it's turned out, I won't be paying the increase anyway, but 25p less than I am now. They must think that people have no intelligence at all

Do the above posts mean that I will eventually be forcibly removed from Full House?

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 01-02-2022 at 21:21.
Old 01-02-2022, 21:25   #315
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

No current plans that I'm aware of to actively retire Full House for those on it, or the other 3 legacy tiers that are listed in the TV Edit channel guide.

Not to say that there won't be at some point, but I'd expect it would be an email or letter to advise of the change rather than just a phone call.

It's possible that that the 'organic' migrations off the legacy tiers where customers make changes to services is going well enough for now.