Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 30-06-2022, 15:38   #916
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Interestingly In The Nordics where Paramount+ exists for now until it becomes Sky Showtime , Paramount recently agreed a content licensing deal with Viaplay
https://tbivision.com/2022/06/30/via...across-europe/

FBI International was also previously sold TV2 in Norway so it isn't mentioned.

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

So they did Kept CBS Reality, I wonder why.
Its not Sky Showtime, its the US premium network Showtime (owned by Paramount).
Advertisement
Old 30-06-2022, 15:42   #917
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Sky Showtime is upcoming streaming service launching in 20 European and is replacing Paramount+ in the Nordics aswell.
https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2022...ramming-chief/

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 30-06-2022 at 15:45.
Old 30-06-2022, 16:27   #918
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Amazon close to deal over Champions League rights in UK

https://www.theguardian.com/business...medium=twitter
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 01-07-2022, 14:37   #919
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

So how many years will it take VM to move E4 Extra from the music section to the entertainment section?

An entertainment channel that broadcasts two hours of music videos a day, is not a music channel.
Old 01-07-2022, 14:44   #920
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
So how many years will it take VM to move E4 Extra from the music section to the entertainment section?

An entertainment channel that broadcasts two hours of music videos a day, is not a music channel.
When C4HD moves to Ch104 (aside from London). So whenever C4HD Regions are completed.
Old 01-07-2022, 14:53   #921
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

It will happen when Virgin Media need to sign a new deal with Channel 4 (I feel sometime by 2024).

Rumour to be Channel 4 HD tests appear on Sky late last month:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ment_101138379

Last deal was signed in early 2019 when Channel 4 HD was moved to Channel 104 in London.
Old 01-07-2022, 16:49   #922
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

I’m beyond caring about channel numbers. Surely it doesn’t matter when you can choose your favourite channels.

Clearly, VM don’t treat such matters as a priority.
Old 01-07-2022, 19:21   #923
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I’m beyond caring about channel numbers. Surely it doesn’t matter when you can choose your favourite channels.

Clearly, VM don’t treat such matters as a priority.
You've got TV360 were you can reorder channels so that's hardly a surprise.
Old 02-07-2022, 22:52   #924
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

All day today E4 Extra has got a same EPG information as 4Music on Virgin Media.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:49   #925
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

werent the V6s going to get new software as the tivo deal had ended? Wasnt that two odd years ago now? I assume the v6s will never get new software?
Old 03-07-2022, 08:27   #926
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
werent the V6s going to get new software as the tivo deal had ended? Wasnt that two odd years ago now? I assume the v6s will never get new software?
It's already here and has been for a while now. I upgraded my two V6s to the new 360 software. It is fine and stable with some nifty new features like voice control. However, not everyone likes it as it works in a very different way from the TiVo software on the V6. Also, it is a one-way street - once you have converted your box(es) you cannot go back to the TiVo software and you will lose all of your recordings and will need to remake all of your series links. I am pleased I switched but you need to read all the info about switching very, very carefully before you take the plunge.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:54   #927
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
All day today E4 Extra has got a same EPG information as 4Music on Virgin Media.
Now been fixed.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:20   #928
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KruQsQbPMsw
Old 04-07-2022, 13:14   #929
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
It's already here and has been for a while now. I upgraded my two V6s to the new 360 software. It is fine and stable with some nifty new features like voice control. However, not everyone likes it as it works in a very different way from the TiVo software on the V6. Also, it is a one-way street - once you have converted your box(es) you cannot go back to the TiVo software and you will lose all of your recordings and will need to remake all of your series links. I am pleased I switched but you need to read all the info about switching very, very carefully before you take the plunge.
Hi heavyside, have they added the 'recycle bin' yet to the 360 software? So you can recover deleted shows.

This was a strange omission from day one, just wondering if they've added it.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2022, 15:21   #930
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Hi heavyside, have they added the 'recycle bin' yet to the 360 software? So you can recover deleted shows.

This was a strange omission from day one, just wondering if they've added it.

Thanks
You're right, this is a strange omission and a feature that many people crave, me included. It's not in the current software (version 4.39) but the 360 is due a software upgrade about now. I'm not holding my breath that it will be included. Crazy.
Closed Thread