Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2020/2021 season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

2020/2021 season

Old 25-01-2021, 20:13   #361
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: 2020/2021 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Easy to have lots of shots on goal if you sit back and wait for your opponents to attack you then nick the ball and feed your speed merchant to race through and shoot at goal!
Easy to have lots of shots if you sit back????? To quote Jurgen, “To win you have to be at the top and we weren’t “.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2021, 20:38   #362
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Easy to have lots of shots on goal if you sit back and wait for your opponents to attack you then nick the ball and feed your speed merchant to race through and shoot at goal!
I mostly saw the same game you watched although I hate to admit the Mancs did look quite good and have done for a while. We also looked the best we've been for some time and the game could have gone either way. The free kick however was soft as.....
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 20:47   #363
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I mostly saw the same game you watched although I hate to admit the Mancs did look quite good and have done for a while. We also looked the best we've been for some time and the game could have gone either way. The free kick however was soft as.....
The problem for Liverpool currently is their own fluid system from back to front is misfunctioning and that will cost us any chance of silverware this season that is for sure as the title is between the two Manchester clubs IMO.
Old 25-01-2021, 21:14   #364
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

If City can overcome the loss of De Bruyne for six weeks then my money would be on them. United are still to easy to score against for my liking.

I agree the free kick was a little on the soft side but viewed from behind, Fabino did hit Cavani in the back of his leg with his knee, careless and a foul, soft or otherwise.

Love the look of the Wycombe manager.
Old 25-01-2021, 21:25   #365
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
If City can overcome the loss of De Bruyne for six weeks then my money would be on them. United are still to easy to score against for my liking.

I agree the free kick was a little on the soft side but viewed from behind, Fabino did hit Cavani in the back of his leg with his knee, careless and a foul, soft or otherwise.

Love the look of the Wycombe manager.
But can Man City overcome the loss of De Bruyne as he creates much what goes through their team..

As we all know injuries to key players can kill any teams chances of the title.
Old 25-01-2021, 21:40   #366
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The problem for Liverpool currently is their own fluid system from back to front is misfunctioning and that will cost us any chance of silverware this season that is for sure as the title is between the two Manchester clubs IMO.
Some say Thiago is slowing it down too much in midfield but I can't see that myself, if anything we're currently missing Henderson more than we probably should. We're just going through a bad patch which hopefully will end as quickly as it started, it generally takes one good performance to kickstart things. We're 6 points behind with half the season to go, I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.
Old 25-01-2021, 21:45   #367
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Is VVD definitely out for the whole of this season? Not getting a suitable replacement for him is looking like a big mistake.
Old 25-01-2021, 21:55   #368
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Is VVD definitely out for the whole of this season? Not getting a suitable replacement for him is looking like a big mistake.
l would imagine so given its a ACL injury.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Quote:
Who? as they don't grow on trees at the best of times and this time of year its nigh on impossible to get a decent centre back and even if one did get one players take a time to adjust to the league.

No l think Liverpool have made the right decision even though its going to cost them short term.
Old 25-01-2021, 21:57   #369
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I think the Yanks are stalling on actioning any big transfers so not looking too promising from our perspective. With hindsight it was probably a bad idea to let Lovren go but at the time we had four centrebacks for two positions and he was bottom of the pecking order. Of course we couldn't anticipate the antics of our noisy neighbours alehouse goalkeeper and the sudden brittleness of Gomez and Matip.
I think VVD will be back before season end but possibly not soon enough.
Old 25-01-2021, 22:00   #370
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Some say Thiago is slowing it down too much in midfield but I can't see that myself, if anything we're currently missing Henderson more than we probably should. We're just going through a bad patch which hopefully will end as quickly as it started, it generally takes one good performance to kickstart things. We're 6 points behind with half the season to go, I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.
The problem is Fabinho and Henderson are the engine of the midfield and by playing them as centre backs you take that midfield thrust away.

Thiago is a quality player who will be much better next season.

A Liverpool supporter never throws in the towel but one has to be realistic rather then being over optimistic.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Quote:
I think the Yanks are stalling on actioning any big transfers so not looking too promising from our perspective. With hindsight it was probably a bad idea to let Lovren go but at the time we had four centrebacks for two positions and he was bottom of the pecking order. Of course we couldn't anticipate the antics of our noisy neighbours alehouse goalkeeper and the sudden brittleness of Gomez and Matip.
I think VVD will back back before season end but possibly not soon enough.
l would say they are not stalling but are being realistic as you tell me who can they get at this time of the season?.
Old 25-01-2021, 22:15   #371
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The problem is Fabinho and Henderson are the engine of the midfield and by playing them as centre backs you take that midfield thrust away.

Thiago is a quality player who will be much better next season.

A Liverpool supporter never throws in the towel but one has to be realistic rather then being over optimistic.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

l would say they are not stalling but are being realistic as you tell me who can they get at this time of the season?.
There's a lot of chatter about various players on Liverpool forums, some of whom I've never heard of but yes you're right it's a problem, we've got a week to find someone who fits the bill and is cheap as chips. Maybe JK has a cunning plan
Old 25-01-2021, 23:01   #372
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Phil Jones is available.
Old 26-01-2021, 06:41   #373
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Phil Jones is available.
Old 26-01-2021, 22:36   #374
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

City obviously not missing DeBruyne, or are The Baggies really poor.
Old 26-01-2021, 23:26   #375
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
City obviously not missing DeBruyne, or are The Baggies really poor.
They're not missing DeBruyne at all. City are more than just one player. Granted he's class but others can fill the gap as tonight showed.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote