Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 13-10-2010, 16:07   #211
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
I'd never seen that before. But it does look pretty irritating. That guy is annoying anyway, whoever he is.. i've seen him before.

What's the advert for?
I,m pretty sure its for cologne, but I usually flick over before it ends,

it just does my kipper in ,
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2010, 21:41   #212
punky
cf.mega poster
Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Is anyone else really enchanted with the Italian girl in the pasta advert - the one where Tim Lovejoy cons her into cooking dinner for their date together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2bGsl-xIcU

I could listen to her speak Italian all day.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 22:04   #213
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling
Russ has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver blingRuss has a lot of silver bling

I can't stand that Plusnet radio ad where that idiot with the nasal voice tells us that they "can't be beat" - someone ought to tell him the correct word would be "beaten".
Old 31-10-2010, 22:19   #214
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I can't stand that Plusnet radio ad where that idiot with the nasal voice tells us that they "can't be beat" - someone ought to tell him the correct word would be "beaten".
Nowt's beaten in Yorkshire lad, it can only be beat if owt
Old 31-10-2010, 22:22   #215
Russ
cf.mega poster

OK I'm guessing 'Beat' is what Yorkshire folk say instead of 'beaten'? Fine, if the ads were staying within Yorkshire. As it's going to the rest of the UK they'd be better off using words and expressions the rest of us know.
Old 31-10-2010, 22:27   #216
Stuart
-
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver bling

That ad irritates me, as it implies that Yorkshiremen are inherently more trustworthy than anyone else. I've met a few, and you get the same mix of trustworthy and untrustworthy as anywhere else.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:11   #217
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

I love Barclays money birds ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWrCsqEwNw

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

An oldie but still worth another viewing.

Nolan's Cheddar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErKnk_48Ls0&feature=fvst

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

Can't stand this one.

Argos - Bing Crosby ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRonRGEVyT8
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:07   #218
Mick
Proud Ex EU Citizen.
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Can't stand that First Direct Ad. Starts off in a classroom and kids are being noisy and that girl (Michelle Green) making that awful noise and then the teacher walks in and says "Michelle Green, you and I are going be having a long conversation."

Can't abide it at all, to the point that I just switch channels quickly when it comes on.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 18:00   #219
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

I only ever watch TV when I visit my mum's on a friday, I honestly don't know how her, or others, can stand the constant annoying adverts during the breaks

Not only that, but the adverts which seem to have been going for YEARS (Direct line, andrex etc spring to mind)

I'm glad I don't watch TV :P
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 18:52   #220
yesman

M & S have come up trumps again with this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVx_NNiVQXw&feature=fvw

And watch out for the ladies at about 37 seconds....yummy
Old 15-11-2010, 20:09   #221
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

worst advert

That horrible "Go To Meeting" advert that is always on sky news at half past six in the morning with horrible aussie bird who wants to "touch a customer" and won't stand still

can't find a link

best advert

the new skoda fabia vrs advert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aom2wOqZo-I

brilliant
Old 16-11-2010, 13:14   #222
joglynne
cf.mega poster

Services: Full House (XL), Vivid 200, Phone Talk Anytime
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Sad I know but I do like the CBeebies advert with the small girl mixing cake batter. It never fails to make me smile when she adds the currants.
Old 17-11-2010, 00:09   #223
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

I'm not sure if i should hate the latest Very.co.uk advert or love it. They're using one of my favourite songs (and a pretty obscure song too); "Bert's Apple Crumble" by the 60's mod band The Quik. I'm not really liking the song being used in such a way but it's a truly a piece of instrumental genius, so more opportunity to hear it is great.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 09:05   #224
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Can't stand that First Direct Ad. Starts off in a classroom and kids are being noisy and that girl (Michelle Green) making that awful noise and then the teacher walks in and says "Michelle Green, you and I are going be having a long conversation."

Can't abide it at all, to the point that I just switch channels quickly when it comes on.
"Yeah, real fish outta water me, we're all like that here"

Ugh. Puts you right off First Direct

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Is anyone else really enchanted with the Italian girl in the pasta advert - the one where Tim Lovejoy cons her into cooking dinner for their date together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2bGsl-xIcU

I could listen to her speak Italian all day.
Sorry Punky, the words Tim and Lovejoy automatically put me off anything.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 09:37   #225
roger skillin
cf.geek

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Best advert ever for me is the "Night driving" one for VW Golf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U9I7QrpSkk
Although the Sony Bravia ones we're great,
Bouncing balls, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zOrV...eature=related
Paint, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURvHJNmGrc
Clay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLUAbkRUvVQ
foam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBXkr...eature=related
and Domino's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcnza...eature=related

Worst one is a current one with Babies randomly laughing, the sound makes me cringe, don't get me wrong i don't mind kids but i can't stand the sound of them laughing on that advert,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlJw5h_eNc
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote