Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 20-11-2016, 14:23   #3091
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Re AMC,never say never I say. If viewing figures are poor pressure may be on them to accept what Virgin offer them. On the other hand BT may be happy to keep it to themselves even as a loss leader.
True bud but with AMC also being on the SKY platform, to BT Sport subscribers that will probably boost up numbers too.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2016, 14:39   #3092
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
True bud but with AMC also being on the SKY platform, to BT Sport subscribers that will probably boost up numbers too.
Didn't know it was on sky for BT sport subscribers. The question is though how many people subscribe to BT sports on the sky platform?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 14:52   #3093
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Loads I would have thought - as subscribing to BT Sport via BTtv gives you very few channels.
Quote:
Didn't know it was on sky for BT sport subscribers. The question is though how many people subscribe to BT sports on the sky platform?
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 15:29   #3094
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Loads I would have thought - as subscribing to BT Sport via BTtv gives you very few channels.
Not sure there's loads as from what I believe those who like sport Will opt for sky sports rather than BT sports. I know if I was a sky customer I'd choose sky sports rather than BT sport unless I could afford both.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 16:48   #3095
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
If what you're saying is right, jj20x, and Kix is testing on VM, then I am hoping for further Sony/CSC channels yet to launch. I am absolutely dying to see Sony Movies and True Crime and maybe relaunch Scuzz and Chart Show TV. They would be great additions to the VM lineup in my opinion.
I'd call it a placeholder rather than a test until the actual video / audio streams appear across the national network. The Service ID for Kix is 1713 (Transport Stream 17) - it currently shows up in the NIT for:

TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE)
NGRHEE Knowsley
Code Download Test (Portsmouth)
TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE)

As we know from the situation with Fox News, placeholder channels can be around for a long time before the channels go live.

4SevenHD (SID 3503 TS ID 35) and Amazon Video (SID 4403 TS ID 44) show in the NIT for:

NGRHEE Knowsley
NGRHEE Bromley

but as we know, video and audio streams have already been added to customer facing networks for 4SevenHD across the national network, NIT data and encryption should follow shortly.

Fox News (SID 2015 TS ID 20) shows up in the Network Information Table for the following regions:

NGRHEE Knowsley
NGRHEE Bromley

The Worldbox related "Russian Tier" (SID 123 TS ID 1) is in the NIT for:

The French Tier (SID 119) and Polish Tier (SID 120) show up in the NIT for all networks but still no sign of any French / Polish Worldbox apps in the TIVO apps section.

There is still no NIT activity for:

Arabic Hafla
That's Solent

Indicating that test aren't taking place for these placeholders.

Over the last month or so:

TJC moved from TS ID 8 SID 801 to TS ID 19 SID 1916
4Music moved from TS ID 14 SID 1406 to TS ID 43 SID 4310
ClublandAkaChilledNow (the app) closed on TS ID 44 SID 4411 being replaced by Clubland TV TS ID 21 SID 2132 which also links to the IPTV streams app.
XXX Brits took the old XXX Mums space on TS ID 4 SID 415 & 415 (although it took the EPG slot formerly occupied by the My Ex Girlfriends channel)
My Ex Girlfriends was removed from the EPG and from TS ID 19 SID 1911. Although its NVOD service on SID 1907 has not yet been removed from the NIT.

Bay TV Swansea (TS ID 101 SID 10155) has been added. I don't have access to the ex-NTL part of the network so can't see if this has been added to the Swansea / Port Talbot network but it does show up in the NIT for the following "internal" networks (indicating that it may not yet be live):

NGRHEE Knowsley
NGRHEE Bromley

Other changes over the last month:

Minor changes to service names for temporary rebrands, which Media Boy covers in great detail elsewhere.

Bay TV Liverpool (TS ID 101 SID 10152) became Made in Liverpool
Big Centre TV (TS ID 101 SID 10153) became Made in Birmingham.

Frequency changes took place in the Ashford, Croydon, Gateshead, Hayes and TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE) networks, to clear an extended frequency block for DOCSIS 3.1.

This information is for the ex-Telewest, ex-C&W, ex Smallworld parts of the national network, ex-NTL (Langley) NIT data doesn't show up in the scan data.

Last edited by jj20x; 20-11-2016 at 17:18.
Old 20-11-2016, 16:51   #3096
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Not sure there's loads as from what I believe those who like sport Will opt for sky sports rather than BT sports. I know if I was a sky customer I'd choose sky sports rather than BT sport unless I could afford both.
It's not that straight forward. For one thing, most football enthusiasts will subscribe to both if they can afford it, and if they can't, BT Sports is attractive as they are cheaper than Sky Sports.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 16:59   #3097
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

BT also give discounts to attract customers - and before discount is about half the cost of Sky Sports.

And if you have BT broadband then it is very cheap - and you get BT Sport 1 free.
Quote:
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 17:19   #3098
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo1 View Post
Any more news on any of the following channels channels coming to virgin?

You should add Viceland to that list.
Old 21-11-2016, 11:38   #3099
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy Sources has today confirmed that KIX has started to testing on VM.

With no video, no audio OR epg data at the moment.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 11:47   #3100
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
In 2013 BT Sport had 2m customers and I think it's more than double that now. So safe to say "loads".
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 14:33   #3101
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

We have an idea on where Virgin Media UK will put Fox News, 4Seven HD and Kix when launch.

-4Seven HD will launch soon on Virgin UK Channel 215*.
-Fox News Channel will launch soon on Virgin UK Channel 626*.
-Kix will launch soon on Virgin UK Channel 738*.

*All Channels numbers are still to be confirmed by Virgin Media UK.
Old 21-11-2016, 14:41   #3102
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Better not get young Vince too excited as he might end up fainting.
Old 21-11-2016, 14:48   #3103
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Better not get young Vince too excited as he might end up fainting.
As of today

-4Seven HD is in full testing with live video and EPG information (May even launch by December).
-Fox News Channel is testing in some areas right now.
-Kix just an name has appeared - no live video or EPG information yet.
Old 21-11-2016, 15:02   #3104
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
If what you're saying is right, jj20x, and Kix is testing on VM, then I am hoping for further Sony/CSC channels yet to launch. I am absolutely dying to see Sony Movies and True Crime and maybe relaunch Scuzz and Chart Show TV. They would be great additions to the VM lineup in my opinion.
Why are you so excited about if the Sony Movie Channel is coming to VM?

It's pretty much the same channel as Movie Mix with the movies shown in different time slots but in the same low picture quality.

If they were to relaunch it as an HD film channel like it is the the US I would be interested.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
As of today

-4Seven HD is in full testing with live video and EPG information (May even launch by December).
-Fox News Channel is testing in some areas right now.
-Kix just an name has appeared - no live video or EPG information yet.
Any update on if/when Amazon Video will be launching?

This side of Christmas would be great!

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
AMC is one of the lowest rating TV channels in the UK, due to the exclusivity to BT customers it's watched by very few people.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 15:03   #3105
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Any update on if/when Amazon Video will be launching?
No new launch date.