Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2021, 03:13   #8461
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Absolutely incredible news for those in USA. Premier league football, NBC content both classic and new and now the WWE network all for 5.99 or 9.99 for no adverts. Superb...

Only thing that worries me is

1) Will the US version of the WWE network bring over everything that is currently on it to peacock? This could impact the flow of new content elsewhere.

2) Will the WWE now be desperately looking for its next biggest market the UK to sell the wwe network rights? Where would it go? BT Sport App? Possibly but why would BT sport spend even more money for the network coverage then their app doesn't have huge numbers? So who would go for the network in the UK? Now TV? Well its owned by comcast but it surely couldnt go there as WWE have just done a deal with BT sports! Amazon Prime? Possibly?

3) Will the classic content still be uploaded? I'm a huge fan of stuff from the 1980s and 1990s and it has become noticeable they've slowed down these uploads. Will it slow to a halt now? Will peacock want new uploads such as 1980s midsouth? Possibly not!
But for now WWE Network is unchanged in other markets (only USA has changed).

I'd just rather have confirmation from the horses mouth that the network will exist as it is currently in the UK for the short term since all their social media accounts keep saying "keep checking our website!!". They really don't do good customer service for anyone outside the US...
Going by future something for us to chew on Peacock is owned by NBC who own Comcast who own SKY.
So maybe once BT WWE deal expires SKY get it back plus WWE Network content? Just food for thought there.
But for now WWE Network is unchanged outside the USA (USA changes in March).
Old 27-01-2021, 18:27   #8462
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Plusnet set to lose 7 channels email i got.

Hope you’re enjoying the great entertainment on YouView. We just need to let you know about changes to some of the channels you can access through your channel packs on YouView.
What’s changing?
After 28th February the below channels will be removed from your channel pack(s).
• VICE
• Crime and Investigation
• Sky History
• Sky History 2
• Lifetime
• SyFy*
• E!*
*These channels will be removed after 31st March.
Old 27-01-2021, 18:30   #8463
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Basically the same as BTtv customers got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post

Hope you’re enjoying the great entertainment on YouView. We just need to let you know about changes to some of the channels you can access through your channel packs on YouView.
What’s changing?
After 28th February the below channels will be removed from your channel pack(s).
• VICE
• Sky History
• Sky History 2
• Lifetime
• SyFy*
• E!*
Old 27-01-2021, 19:21   #8464
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

What’s changing?
• VICE
• Sky History
• Sky History 2
• Lifetime
• SyFy*
• E!*
So (apart from Vice) that is the A&E UK portfolio and the remaining NBCU channels.

Curious to see what happens here - the A&E channels are a JV with Sky so wondering if we may see History 2, C&I and Lifetime appear on Now TV?

More interesting will be what happens with Syfy and E! given they are controlled by Sky and if I am correct, their outstanding carriage deals are now done (TalkTalk have dropped their tv packages and on Virgin they are part of the Sky deal) once they are removed from BT... E! feels like a diminished channel (and likely even more once KUWTK is done) and Syfy, though trucking along with some cheap new additions, does not appear to be a destination for premium programming... wondering if a rebrand or closure is imminent for one or both?
Old 27-01-2021, 21:01   #8465
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
So (apart from Vice) that is the A&E UK portfolio and the remaining NBCU channels.

Curious to see what happens here - the A&E channels are a JV with Sky so wondering if we may see History 2, C&I and Lifetime appear on Now TV?

More interesting will be what happens with Syfy and E! given they are controlled by Sky and if I am correct, their outstanding carriage deals are now done (TalkTalk have dropped their tv packages and on Virgin they are part of the Sky deal) once they are removed from BT... E! feels like a diminished channel (and likely even more once KUWTK is done) and Syfy, though trucking along with some cheap new additions, does not appear to be a destination for premium programming... wondering if a rebrand or closure is imminent for one or both?
It's certainly not a coincidence that all but one of these channels are in some way controlled by Sky. It's just them trying to force more BT customers over to the NOW TV packages, and I think all the channels will continue on other platforms as they are.
Old 27-01-2021, 21:33   #8466
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
It's certainly not a coincidence that all but one of these channels are in some way controlled by Sky. It's just them trying to force more BT customers over to the NOW TV packages, and I think all the channels will continue on other platforms as they are.
I think that will certainly be the case for the A&E Portfolio (even though it is a JV, they pretty much are autonomous hence seeing Sky History on TVPlayer for example) but once the NBCU duo leave BT and TalkTalk permanently then it does more or less leave Sky and Virgin as the only providers carrying them in the UK which is why I am inclined to think we may some changes in the short to medium term.

In regards to them leaving BT, I don't think it's Sky forcing people over but BT allowing their legacy contracts to expire until the older packages are more or less unsustainable and they can get out of carriage completely (outside of AMC) - if some of those A&E channels were to appear on Now TV, BT would just retail them without needing to manage a bundle proposition themselves.
Old 27-01-2021, 23:07   #8467
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I mentioned earlier today i can see plusnet switching to Nowtv for tv afterall they're owned by BT and losing 7 channels like that adds more fuel to that.
Old 28-01-2021, 00:18   #8468
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I mentioned earlier today i can see plusnet switching to Nowtv for tv afterall they're owned by BT and losing 7 channels like that adds more fuel to that.
Won't happen, I looked into this since I replied to you on another thread, Plusnet TV closed to new customers earlier this month. And once their minimum subscription term is up they won't be able to recontract.
Old 28-01-2021, 01:11   #8469
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Won't happen, I looked into this since I replied to you on another thread, Plusnet TV closed to new customers earlier this month. And once their minimum subscription term is up they won't be able to recontract.
Thankyou mate, in work we don't deal with plusnet but i have plusnet tv at home had it as they threw in BT Sport for £5 so worked out a lot cheaper than getting it via SKY lol.
Old 28-01-2021, 09:16   #8470
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

https://twitter.com/disneyplusuk/sta...160658433?s=21

Disney announcing what’s coming to Star by using an erm... star...

EDIT: here’s a more complete list...

https://cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_asse...2265da782c.pdf

Last edited by Phunkenstein; 28-01-2021 at 09:40.
Old 28-01-2021, 10:57   #8471
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I agree with a lot of the comments not really wowing me.
Old 28-01-2021, 13:06   #8472
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
I think that will certainly be the case for the A&E Portfolio (even though it is a JV, they pretty much are autonomous hence seeing Sky History on TVPlayer for example) but once the NBCU duo leave BT and TalkTalk permanently then it does more or less leave Sky and Virgin as the only providers carrying them in the UK which is why I am inclined to think we may some changes in the short to medium term.

In regards to them leaving BT, I don't think it's Sky forcing people over but BT allowing their legacy contracts to expire until the older packages are more or less unsustainable and they can get out of carriage completely (outside of AMC) - if some of those A&E channels were to appear on Now TV, BT would just retail them without needing to manage a bundle proposition themselves.
In the scheme of things carriage on BT is pretty insignificant and won't factor into NBCUniversal's strategy for the UK versions of E! and SYFY.

They're both carried on the biggest platforms, Sky and Virgin Media. SYFY is also on NOW TV. If they continue to tick over nicely and generate income it's safe to assume that they won't be going anywhere for now. Movies 24 is another NBCUniversal channel removed from BT (on 31st March 2020) and it's still on Sky and Virgin Media.

Sky know what they are doing. BT has given up on trying to compete on TV.
Old 28-01-2021, 13:40   #8473
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Quote:
In the scheme of things carriage on BT is pretty insignificant and won't factor into NBCUniversal's strategy for the UK versions of E! and SYFY.

They're both carried on the biggest platforms, Sky and Virgin Media. SYFY is also on NOW TV. If they continue to tick over nicely and generate income it's safe to assume that they won't be going anywhere for now. Movies 24 is another NBCUniversal channel removed from BT (on 31st March 2020) and it's still on Sky and Virgin Media.

Sky know what they are doing. BT has given up on trying to compete on TV.
Agreed.

I should have said above we may not see changes in the short term but thinking medium to longer term I’m not entirely convinced as to their future - Sky are obviously shoring up their own content proposition by expanding their own channel portfolio and they’re remaking E! formats like Dating No Filter and acquiring NBC owned SyFy shows like Resident Alien for Sky One so there appears to be little indication at the moment they are looking at making them flagships anytime soon unless they get a ‘Sky’ prefix somewhere down the line! You may be right and they just let them do their thing for the time being but I won’t see surprised either to see the powers that be do something with them once they’re no longer beholden to any legacy deals.

(I completely forgot about Movies24 - that seems to be a nice little engine chugging away quietly in the corner)
Old 28-01-2021, 23:24   #8474
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I agree with a lot of the comments not really wowing me.
If you’re referring to Star, it’s only the launch lineup. Disney have said it’ll rise from 360 to 1000 titles by the end of 2021. This includes 35 Star Originals!
Old 29-01-2021, 00:48   #8475
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Further update Plusnet are letting people cancel tv penalty free, not even wanting the box back either.