Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2003, 22:24   #91
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputedtruth
I bet some idiot
You see, you really don't even know you're doing it, do you?

I absolutely refuse to believe you are the socially maladjusted loner that you seem to want to make yourself out to be on this forum. I am determined to believe you are a perfectly nice, misunderstood person who is just angry at having been mucked about by NTL.

Next time there's a nthw meet-up, come along - I've missed them all so far but I want to go to the next one. If all of us get together and have a drink and a laugh, I'm certain things will be much happier round here.

Advertisement
Old 13-11-2003, 22:26   #92
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Even if they offered it, I would decline it as i can do a much better job of as clearly demonstrated in the thread "More incompetance from NTL".
So, somebody on this forum couldn't have just looked into what had happened and sorted it out without all the stress you suffered? Without the 5 phone calls and the letter to Oftel?
Old 13-11-2003, 22:29   #93
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny

I absolutely refuse to believe you are the socially maladjusted loner that you seem to want to make yourself out to be on this forum. I am determined to believe you are a perfectly nice, misunderstood person who is just angry at having been mucked about by NTL.

Next time there's a nthw meet-up, come along - I've missed them all so far but I want to go to the next one. If all of us get together and have a drink and a laugh, I'm certain things will be much happier round here.

awwww towny u are so sweet
Old 13-11-2003, 22:29   #94
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle

So, you don't approach NTL associates with a negative attitude? Yet you say "I try not to ask difficult question as this only confuse their mind" & "thankfully I have used these skills when dealing with NTL associates". You appear to be assuming that whatever associate you speak to will be thick (or lack communication skills) or difficult. If that is not a negative attitude, I don't know what is.
Well if tried to treat NTL CSRs as capable and reasonable, then I can almost guarantee it they will say inappropriate things, get emotional or cause more problems
Old 13-11-2003, 22:32   #95
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Well if tried to treat NTL CSRs as capable and reasonable, then I can almost guarantee it they will say inappropriate things, get emotional or cause more problems
get emotional? when you treat them as capable and reasonable......are you sure you are calling ntl cs??? emotional pfffttttt
Old 13-11-2003, 22:33   #96
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished roadMark W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I bet some idiot reading Nemesis post will one day say i actually said CS are lower life forms.
if i really have to i will find quotes (reading through your posts is not a fun prospect) but from memory i belive you have called them...

incompetant
thick
stupid
unskilled
ignorant
rude
unable to understand what you say
incapable of doing anything
liars
puppets towing the party line

oh, just to prove a point - from this thread alone

imbecilles
the liars they are
'I try not to ask difficult question as I know this may confuse their minds'
'cut the nonsense about moral fibre - you work for NTL, remember'
'I try not to ask difficult questions as this only confuse their minds' (again )
they are clearly not capable

ok, that was only to page 4, and i couldnt be bothered to continue....

add to all that all those times you have mentioned 'contempt' and anyone will have a clear impression you feel they are 'lower life forms'

Old 13-11-2003, 22:33   #97
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
So, somebody on this forum couldn't have just looked into what had happened and sorted it out without all the stress you suffered? Without the 5 phone calls and the letter to Oftel?
I didn't know I wrote a letter to OFTEL.

Get your facts right, scastle, and not for the first time either, for the record it was 7 phone calls to NTL and one to OFTEL. I'm beginning to wonder if you guys have reading problems here.
Old 13-11-2003, 22:40   #98
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I didn't know I wrote a letter to OFTEL.

Get your facts right, scastle, and not for the first time either, for the record it was 7 phone calls to NTL and one to OFTEL. I'm beginning to wonder if you guys have reading problems here.
And of course, you are always right... Actually, I was going from memory on that particular thread.

Anyway, I digress. How is a grand total of eight phone calls more efficient than getting somebody to look into the problem here? Apart from the fact that you would have to be nice to people here as they are not required to help you.
Old 13-11-2003, 22:40   #99
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if you guys have reading problems here.
well since im a gal that excludes me apparently im an honoury guy so it does include me :p

but serious comments like this are the reason people make comments back at you
Old 13-11-2003, 22:47   #100
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny

I noticed you have edited that particular sentence to fit in with your thinking so for the record I shall include the sentence here.

Quote:
I bet some idiot reading Nemesis post will one day say i actually said CS are lower life forms.
Old 13-11-2003, 22:49   #101
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
I noticed you have edited that particular sentence to fit in with your thinking so for the record I shall include the sentence here.
What towny was getting at was the derisory comment 'some idiot'. You just don't realise that your being so insulting do you ?
Old 13-11-2003, 22:51   #102
Bex
Inactive

wasnt towny actually being nice to you????
Old 13-11-2003, 22:52   #103
Stuart
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
wasnt towny actually being nice to you????
I thought he was. Obviously UDT took it differently.
Old 13-11-2003, 23:01   #104
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
And of course, you are always right... Actually, I was going from memory on that particular thread.
Shady memory me think
Quote:
Anyway, I digress. How is a grand total of eight phone calls more efficient than getting somebody to look into the problem here? Apart from the fact that you would have to be nice to people here as they are not required to help you.
I see, be nice to these people and get lower compensation. Thanks but no thanks.
Old 13-11-2003, 23:02   #105
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
I thought he was. Obviously UDT took it differently.
ok at least it wasnt just me :p
Closed Thread