Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2006, 10:09   #796
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

I've not had to phone them too many times, but they were helpful when I did. I phoned them once to tell them that the DTV had gone off, and I didn't know why (the bill was paid). The tech guy was puzzled as well, so he did some checking and found they'd cut the wrong person's TV off! Yeah, mine! LOL. They put it back in within 20 mins so not too bad.
Advertisement
Old 30-08-2006, 14:49   #797
mmole331
Inactive

mmole331 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Chris T;76262]OK, let's have a definitive answer to this thorny issue. What is your own personal experience of NTL customer services?

I change over to the £30.00 plus calls my calls came to £3.72 but had billing for £38.71.
When I tried to contact customer service and told them I am deaf and cannot here what is being said on the phone, would they please do it by email.

And all they done was to requote the telphone number.

This has been going on now for over three weeks. but they will not buge

Would be greatful for any help please

mmole331.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

[QUOTE=mmole331;34107181]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
OK, let's have a definitive answer to this thorny issue. What is your own personal experience of NTL customer services?

I change over to the £30.00 plus calls my calls came to £3.72 but had billing for £38.71.
When I tried to contact customer service and told them I am deaf and cannot here what is being said on the phone, would they please do it by email.

mmole331.
Old 30-08-2006, 17:55   #798
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinlindley View Post
well to be honest i think customer service is good. ok could and will be better but i generally think the customer services are great.

and yes i do work for them ha ha ha

Ok. looking in your crystal ball. when will they get better?

Old 01-09-2006, 18:00   #799
otguk
Inactive

Services: SuperHub upto 50Mbps, TiVo, x2 HD boxes, Phone @£105 per month.
otguk is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Was talking with retentions today and at the end off the call I asked how much i was paying for this call cos the web site said it was 5p a min from a BT line, he said i was paying 20p a min.

17mins 1st call b4 i was cut off and 25mins 2nd call, it soon adds up.

Old 02-09-2006, 15:24   #800
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

unless you were calling of a mobile thats not true. its just over 6p pm during the day, just over 1.5p pm evenings.
thats providing you called the 0845 CS number.

you would have been better calling the free one though. 0800 052 9403
Old 07-09-2006, 13:14   #801
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

As you may be aware have had problems with STB - now sorted - anyway lovely lady called asked if all was now OK said yes alls fine said I will credit you a months bill ( yes right) and she did !
Old 07-09-2006, 13:35   #802
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmole331 View Post

mmole331.
There is a text phone number for customer service... I'm not sure what it is, but if you email customer service, or have a friend call them i am sure they can tell you.
Old 07-09-2006, 14:15   #803
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array

The Textphone number for ntl is 0800 052 9735, as shown in the Contact Us section of the ntl website: http://www.ntl.com/locales/gb/en/contact/index.html
Old 07-09-2006, 16:15   #804
krusty23
Inactive

Services: 50Mb BB / M+ TV / phone
krusty23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hit and Miss with me, sometimes you can get someone who knows what they are doing other someone who has absolutely no idea.
I suppose this is the same for most customer services really.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:47   #805
pharrell
Inactive

Services: 10MB BB, CableTV & Telco.
pharrell is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with most opinions on this forum - the one that sticks out most is it depends on who you speak to at Customer Care, on occasion I have had wonderful Customer Service, and others I feel like I am getting no-where - the best solution I have found, is if you have someone who is not helpful, be plain and honest with them, tell them you wish to register a complaint once the call is finished, and I guarantee you their attitude changes very quickly - mind you, I have yet to register a complaint, but it sure gets them on their feet and offering all kinds of deals and special offers.
Old 05-10-2006, 18:06   #806
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age
Thumbs down Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

I had to contact NTL on 4th. October to report that my new EPG was not working correctly, after a reasonable wait I was connected to CS. I explained the problem and the CS diagnosed that I needed a replacement box and an engineer would call on the 5th. which I thought very good service. Today the engineer called, he took about 15 seconds to tell me that there was a problem with the EPG, I could have told him that ! He also told me that it was a known problem and it would be rectified "in a few weeks" ! I asked about the replacement box and said CS had told me that a new box was needed and the engineer said they did not know what they were talking about and promptly left after spending less than 5 minutes in my house !!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 18:13   #807
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman328 View Post
I had to contact NTL on 4th. October to report that my new EPG was not working correctly, after a reasonable wait I was connected to CS. I explained the problem and the CS diagnosed that I needed a replacement box and an engineer would call on the 5th. which I thought very good service. Today the engineer called, he took about 15 seconds to tell me that there was a problem with the EPG, I could have told him that ! He also told me that it was a known problem and it would be rectified "in a few weeks" ! I asked about the replacement box and said CS had told me that a new box was needed and the engineer said they did not know what they were talking about and promptly left after spending less than 5 minutes in my house !!!!!!!
Did you not insist that a new one be installed? I'd have offered them a cuppa and politly asked that they carry out the work you were told would take place.
Old 05-10-2006, 18:44   #808
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjones View Post
Did you not insist that a new one be installed? I'd have offered them a cuppa and politly asked that they carry out the work you were told would take place.
Plus the statment "it may take a few weeks"

I was gob smacked
Old 05-10-2006, 18:53   #809
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman328 View Post
Plus the statment "it may take a few weeks"

I was gob smacked
I would have told him to pitch a tent in the front garden!

Seriously though never let an engineer leave until you are happy.
Old 08-10-2006, 21:18   #810
scottlambert
Inactive

scottlambert is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to scottlambert

I was actually told by one ntl bod that he "couldn't give a monkeys" when i was complaining.
you are a bit snookerd when you get that!
Closed Thread