Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 12:22   #781
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug205Tim
Huh? Sorry i didnt think that was racist tbh Whats the world coming too, freedom of speech etc?

Just to add, i wasnt trying to be funny/clever tbh. Nor was i trying to bypass the swear filter, thats just how i spell. I just didnt realise this forum was so strict about it. None others i go on are, thats seen as the usual way to talk. Anyway t'is all in the past. Let us move on etc!
With freedom of speech comes the responsibility of using it wisely. I remind of you of this site's T&Cs which you agreed to when you signed up.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2006, 12:34   #782
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

He was decent enough to appologise via a PM - I think it was just a poor use of words, nothing intended.
Old 07-08-2006, 14:13   #783
marty
Inactive

marty is an unknown quantity at this point

Our main stb went faulty on wed of last week. Phoned CS and was told an engineer would be out on friday. Sure enough engineer turned up and replaced our old DI4001 box with a new samsung 2110 . The guy was very helpfull and took time to explain what he was doing and even did a pretty good job of fielding the questions I had on HD! We have one of big Philips 32PW wide screen CRT tv's but the picture quality we now have is excellent! I'am struggling to see what difference HD is going to make now unless I buy a £2k or £3k high quality LCD tv.Prior to this I had phoned up CS and got reduction in TV package and broadband.So for me thats earned NTL 10 out of 10 for customer satisfaction!
Old 14-08-2006, 01:41   #784
sp4m
Inactive

sp4m is an unknown quantity at this point

hey all im sp4m do im new any probs may i have some help thanx

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 ----------

hey im justa kid lol
Old 14-08-2006, 17:22   #785
Prentonian
Inactive

Services: Sky and soon to leave VM for BT
Prentonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's another option for the poll: "Getting through would be nice".

I tried calling them a few minutes ago. After entering my phone number, then pressing for the department I want, I get told the lines are currently busy and will have a wait of up to five minutes.

A minute or so later I get an engaged tone with a message saying that all lines are engaged as I've tried calling at a busy time, and am advised to call back later before getting disconnected.

With it being an 0845 number I still get charged! This also goes on to the times I couldn't get through last week.

What a bunch of robbing sods. I'm sorely tempted to tell ntl (if I ever get through to them) exactly what I think of them and that I no longer require any of their services - even if it means paying £120 for BT to put a line in to replace this one.
Old 14-08-2006, 19:48   #786
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb

Have been with them for over 3 years and hadnt had much of a problem, until my housemove which took 2 weeks to sort out. Im still feeling the aftermath to this day.

Luckily being the bulldog I am I never gave up till I got my services installed. If I wasnt pre-warned of this site how bad house moves can go, I would of jacked them in a long time ago.

Old 20-08-2006, 16:51   #787
kat2
Inactive

kat2 can only hope to improve

I am a newish ntl customer and find that since the change of numbers the company has become loutish in its attitude towards its customer base. Ive been kept on permanent hold, never called back when promised failed to resolve issues and just cant wait until my twelve months is up! still four left. I am wondering if this is a regional thing? after all they take our telephone numbers before we talk to customer services? My area is really bad in this regard mind you sometimes I end up talking to somebody in india and I cant understand a word thats being spoken. then its the phonetic game for a while before eventually giving up!
sad really because I thought I would have benefited from ntl broadband being a seperate cable to my home *sighs* oh well we live and learn.
Old 20-08-2006, 19:29   #788
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

if you have any specific problems, post them (minus your personal details etc) im sure someone may be able to help
Old 20-08-2006, 20:23   #789
kat2
Inactive

Unhappy Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Hi, I am just posting about my personal experiences and the rather poor customer care I have received. I am sorry I thought the thread was about how we were treated? I feel I have been treated badly, my complaints un resolved hence in four months time I will be leaving and going back to my BT line at least BT whom supply my telephone line dont threaten to charge me if it gets cut. They take care in their installation of telephone lines to keep them out of reach. Ntl on the other hand just throw them across hedgerows then blame the customer when they are cut! I mean common sense tells you you dont lay a cable ontop of a hedgerow the full length of it too,
a botch job from a botch team of a botch company is all I can say (in my opinion) and based on what has happend to me.
huggs kat2
Old 20-08-2006, 20:46   #790
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

It is. However, if you start a new thread in the relevant forum, you may find someone on here who can help.

Edit: BTW, I recommended you start a new thread as if you post your own problem in an existing thread, it gets difficult to keep track of who is answering what.
Old 20-08-2006, 20:58   #791
kat2
Inactive

Hi, Stuart,
sorry I thought this was about the way customer services treated you? I was responding to how I was treated sorry.
huggs kat2
Old 21-08-2006, 07:34   #792
mike24
Inactive

Services: super hub 2, 50Mbps, TiVo 500MB Tv, phone
mike24 will become famous soon enoughmike24 will become famous soon enoughmike24 will become famous soon enough

I had the bad luck to contact CS.
This is due to me cancelling my TV and going just Broadband, which needed a new DD, what i did'nt realise is that they tried to be me on the old DD which i cancelled.
They sent i letter, they stated, to my PO box which i don't collect regually, although they know me e-mail address and home address!!!
I found this out on Saturday, after i found no Broadband and Phone, so had to use my mobile to call CS India and then call CS in this country.
It seams they have two Dept's who do not communicate and you are left piggy in the middle until you pay the bill you did not reliase you had, so much for DD's.
As you can understand in December i will be looking for another ISP
michael
Old 22-08-2006, 20:33   #793
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

I recently switched banks and transfered my NTL Direct Debit to my new bank.
Ntl sent me a letter asking me to ring them to confirm my details.

Less than 5 Mins on the phone and the nice chap said it was all done and sorted.
Nice one NTL.

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
Old 22-08-2006, 23:48   #794
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

Pity work didn't get your wages right, eh! lol
Old 25-08-2006, 23:03   #795
martinlindley
Inactive

martinlindley is an unknown quantity at this point

well to be honest i think customer service is good. ok could and will be better but i generally think the customer services are great.

and yes i do work for them ha ha ha
Closed Thread