Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2006, 20:05   #691
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

PM me your name, account number, and a contact phone number and i'll pass details to our contact at ntl
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2006, 20:28   #692
Badger2407
Inactive

Badger2407 is an unknown quantity at this point

Chris

Many thanks for your help, I had a call from Gill at NTL today and my debt has been cancelled and they admitted that they had not disconnected my service despite several phone calls. It staggers belief that they could not have sorted this out sooner. How do you lot get this influence i wonder?

What really wound me up is the disgusting attitude of Buchanan Clark & Wells who obviously treat everyone as a criminal and do not want to enter into a rational conversation, they basically called me a liar and pay up or we'll take legal action by the end of the month, they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it. My last letter from them was sent unsealed and so was read by the people who now live there, I was asked to prove it which I said I could as I had the envelope in front of me obviously not gummed down, he then said its unusual and got quite aggressive.

Thanks again for your help and I will never have anything to do with NTL in the future
Old 21-04-2006, 10:14   #693
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger2407
How do you lot get this influence i wonder?
It's not influence as such .... there are plenty of people at NTL who genuinely want to do a good job and give good customer service. It's just a matter of knowing who they are.
Old 21-04-2006, 10:18   #694
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

On the other hand, whats to be done about those that clearly couldnt give a toss!?
Old 21-04-2006, 10:31   #695
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I've always been a fan of a public name-and-shame session but it seems like I'm in the minority.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-04-2006, 10:41   #696
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
I've always been a fan of a public name-and-shame session but it seems like I'm in the minority.
I'm with you Boyo.
Old 21-04-2006, 10:48   #697
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonm
<SNIP>I hate them and I cant wait to be able to switch to an alternative cable company when my contract finishes. <SNIP>.
Sorry, but there isn't another one. Sky and ADSL for you my friend.

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I'm with you Boyo.

Bt then this site would be no more than a witch hunt meeting place, rather than the help site that it is now.

If there are problem employees, it's down to ntl to route them out and deal with them, not a privately owned forum with an axe to grind.
Old 21-04-2006, 13:19   #698
James Henry
Permanently Banned

James Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
If there are problem employees, it's down to ntl to route them out and deal with them, not a privately owned forum with an axe to grind.
Sorry OB but in their long history they've never been able to root out problem employees, at very least in the technical departments people who were too incompetent to do their job tended to get promoted to manage their departments if they kissed the right behinds
Old 21-04-2006, 13:33   #699
orangebird
Inactive

orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry
Sorry OB but in their long history they've never been able to root out problem employees, at very least in the technical departments people who were too incompetent to do their job tended to get promoted to manage their departments if they kissed the right behinds
I worked at ntl for over 7 years, I know how it works... It still doesn't mean it's this boards responsibilty to name and shame. This board does a great job of highlighting customer issues and helping them get resolved. But by no means should it have any part in publishing names or any details of shoddy CSRs. What results are gained from that? Any form of discipline or employee/job description discrepancies are for the company and the relevant HR dept of the company. NOT a public forum.
Old 21-04-2006, 13:35   #700
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry
Sorry OB but in their long history they've never been able to root out problem employees
Yup at one point when the phones were going completely nuts (100+ calls in Q) there were certain agents who were caught repeatedly terminating calls.

No action was taken against them, not even written warning.

One of them had an average handling time of 15 seconds (for the non call centre types here the normal average is about 120-140) but the manager sat back and did absolutely nothing.

It was only after he was recorded swearing at a customer he was shown the door. If the recording wasn't about I'm pretty sure he could have talked his way out of that as well.
Old 21-04-2006, 13:44   #701
orangebird
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
Yup at one point when the phones were going completely nuts (100+ calls in Q) there were certain agents who were caught repeatedly terminating calls.

No action was taken against them, not even written warning.

One of them had an average handling time of 15 seconds (for the non call centre types here the normal average is about 120-140) but the manager sat back and did absolutely nothing.

It was only after he was recorded swearing at a customer he was shown the door. If the recording wasn't about I'm pretty sure he could have talked his way out of that as well.
And? How is name and shaming them on here going to fix it?
Old 21-04-2006, 14:01   #702
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
And? How is name and shaming them on here going to fix it?
People should be responsible & accountable for their actions, & if their direct management won't do anything then perhaps we can/should escalate it to people who will listen & do something.
Old 21-04-2006, 14:06   #703
orangebird
Inactive

Quote:
People should be responsible & accountable for their actions, & if their direct management won't do anything then perhaps we can/should escalate it to people who will listen & do something.

Neil, burning witches at the stake was given up hundreds of years ago for good reason. If you have a name of someone, specific instances and proof, then pass it onto whichever ntl seniors you know. Publishing stuff like that is NOT appropriate.
Old 21-04-2006, 14:11   #704
Neil
Inactive

Quote:
Neil, burning witches at the stake was given up hundreds of years ago for good reason. If you have a name of someone, specific instances and proof, then pass it onto whichever ntl seniors you know. Publishing stuff like that is NOT appropriate.
Ok....

So what can/should ntl do to improve the same old burning CS issues that have dogged ntl customers for years?

[Edit]-You know as well as I do that proof is hard to come by as most CSRs that mess customers about won't even give a name, let alone a real one.

The employees have been getting away with this for years-the old 'CS-BS©' The old telephone ping pong, the old "Ah yes, someone will call you back"

Different day, same old BS.
Old 21-04-2006, 14:18   #705
orangebird
Inactive

Quote:
Ok....

So what can/should ntl do to improve the same old burning CS issues that have dogged ntl customers for years?
IMO? Get rid of that ****ty horribly AHT they all have to work to and start focusing on customers rather the the time customers take up. And start paying CS staff better wages - this might entice a better calibre of prospective employee. Will things like that happen? Probably not. BUt naming people on here isn't going to change it either. And TBH, doing that looks like nothing but sheer spite, almost vigilante. This site got away from it's 'hate-site' rep. Naming and shaming will only brign it back. It's a very extremist thing to do - and being extreme hasn't done Islamics any favours, has it?
Closed Thread