Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 11-06-2023, 11:20   #601
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Price rises this year.

I still can't through to someone to find out what the mysterious "package change" is that has cost me an extra £6.50 pm.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2023, 12:55   #602
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I still can't through to someone to find out what the mysterious "package change" is that has cost me an extra £6.50 pm.
What number are you ringing ?. I phoned them yesterday and was answered in 4 mins

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 10:33   #603
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
What number are you ringing ?. I phoned them yesterday and was answered in 4 mins
150 on the landline.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:55   #604
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

My Broadband service with Virgin ends in a few days and I have already got a new provider installed, Virgin retentions just offered me 250mb for £17 a month, it’s a great deal but I will be staying with my new provider.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 12:03   #605
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

I FORGOT all about this new Rise of £7 due to my slight Dementia. (I forget things) I was paying £49 for 500mb (NO tv) It has now gone up to £56 half way through my contract that does not end until March 2024. Surely VM has broken the contract doing this. Do you think I could do a deal now?? When is best time to phone 150 on my mobile phone to get through to UK NOT abroad. Cheers.
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 12:29   #606
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
I FORGOT all about this new Rise of £7 due to my slight Dementia. (I forget things) I was paying £49 for 500mb (NO tv) It has now gone up to £56 half way through my contract that does not end until March 2024. Surely VM has broken the contract doing this. Do you think I could do a deal now?? When is best time to phone 150 on my mobile phone to get through to UK NOT abroad. Cheers.
Your best chance for a UK call centre is during the day, but to do so you need to navigate through the options to the thinking of leaving us one

The only issue I can see if you could well be beyond the cut-off point for handing in your notice

Still worth a try though
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 12:38   #607
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

well just cancel my account with VM so see what happens now if no joy then i am off to vodafone for bb / home phone !
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2023, 20:19   #608
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow1956 View Post
well just cancel my account with VM so see what happens now if no joy then i am off to vodafone for bb / home phone !
well got a phone call from VM & got a very good deal M265 + anytime calls £32,00 p/month happy days again
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2023, 18:52   #609
Taf
cf.mega poster

I still have had no luck getting to talk to someone who knows what is going on with my bill, namely the "package change".
Old 28-06-2023, 12:48   #610
Taf
cf.mega poster

The robot on 150 keeps asking for my "memorable" word. It can't be very memorable as I haven't had to use it in about 30 years, and the one I had recorded is being rejected. So I have used their online complaint form to ask what the £6.50 charge for "change in service" is for.
Old 28-06-2023, 14:20   #611
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Quote:
The robot on 150 keeps asking for my "memorable" word. It can't be very memorable as I haven't had to use it in about 30 years, and the one I had recorded is being rejected.
VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update the memorable word by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings > Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details (memorable word) > and then click on Edit
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 16:46   #612
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update the memorable word by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings > Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details (memorable word) > and then click on Edit
Thanks!
Old 04-07-2023, 09:50   #613
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

Just a quick update about my VM.
My 18 month contract finishes around 3rd August so I got the boot in first and rang retentions, fortunately UK based.
I was paying a discounted £99 which was due to go up to £141.

The outcome of our chat was I am going to lose Sky Cinema (very rarely used), my SS is going to be known as the SS Collection and I have gone for UHD at £7pm which can be cancelled anytime. Internet is 350 and our landline 'Talk More Anytime' is being renamed 'Anytime Chatter'.

It seems I can ring mobiles from the landline and not be charged, is this correct?
Also I will have to pay 24ppm to use 084 087 etc etc

For the next 18 months my monthly fee is £98, but I think come April ++
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 10:09   #614
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
o I have used their online complaint form to ask what the £6.50 charge for "change in service" is for.
Days later and no response from them.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:22   #615
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Days later and no response from them.
Email the CEO,get their address from ceoemail.com
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote