Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2018, 08:38   #1846
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
Out of the two, you are the one who would destroy life in the womb. (We can keep this going, if you would like?)

Ahh so abortion is now a form of contraceptive to you now, too?

This is typical of the abortion crowd...start off arguing about logical fallacies, just from abortion to contraception, throw in some straw-men, then beat them up (once you have gotten your facts about the political views of others wrong) and then finish with:

An utter and complete lie.

Not sure why I wasted my chance to use your in-between post not to make another reply (in regards to the actual topic) and avoid the DP merger for consecutive posts. You're useful, in that sense.

(Btw it is not a right that I have as a woman (at least not one that I would exercise, anyway) - but again, if it is my body and my right what is to stop me using my body to kill someone else's child? Or is it that only you have the right to kill your own child as it is "your" body? Ownership much? Remind me who it is who is into slavery again?)
You need to learn what logical fallacies are.

I will always put the rights of women to choose first. Whether that means protecting them to bring a foetus to term against those who would force them into an abortion. Or defend their right to have an abortion.

Removing choice is slavery.

People who worry more about potential life than America's alarming upward trend in maternal death, get no respect from me.

And on that note (as the Dragons would say), I'm out.
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2018, 14:21   #1847
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I'll just leave this here.

Old 27-08-2018, 19:40   #1848
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Posting in this thread, rather than ‘RIP John McCain’ to avoid derailing that thread.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ng-mccain.html
Quote:
President Trump decided against releasing an official White House statement on Sen. John McCain following his death, two administration sources confirmed to Fox News.

The statement would have praised him for his decades of service and his heroism as a Vietnam War POW. White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders and other senior aides all had pushed for such a statement, which would have called McCain a “hero.”

The president, however, rejected the statement and instead issued a brief tweet Saturday night following the legendary Arizona Republican senator’s death.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 27-08-2018, 20:16   #1849
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

Then there is the whole fiasco with the flag being flown at half staff, too. (What a mess of a situation). Trump really is the pettiest, thin skinned guy ever to become President.
Old 27-08-2018, 21:44   #1850
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The flag stuff I believe is that traditionally when a sitting Senator dies the flag is kept at half-mast across the capital until the service. The White House has already put it back up to full-mast whilst the other government buildings are keeping to tradition.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Looks like Trump has changed his mind. Statement released and flag back at half mast.

Last edited by Damien; 27-08-2018 at 20:38.
Old 27-08-2018, 21:45   #1851
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-to-half-staff
Quote:
The White House on Monday afternoon re-lowered its flags to half staff after drawing significant backlash for returning them to full staff less than 48 hours after the death of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

Multiple reporters noted on social media that the flags were flying at half staff once again as of roughly 3:45 p.m. President Trump issued a proclamation a short time later ordering flags at government buildings remain at half staff to honor McCain.
This may have been the reason

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/40...o-honor-mccain
Quote:
Veterans groups are calling on President Trump to lower the White House flag to half-staff to honor Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who died on Saturday night of brain cancer.

“It’s outrageous that the White House would mark American hero John McCain’s death with a two-sentence tweet, making no mention of his heroic and inspiring life,” Joe Chenelly, the executive director of veterans advocacy group AMVETS, said in a statement.

"And by lowering flags for not one second more than the bare minimum required by law, despite a long-standing tradition of lowering flags until the funeral, the White House is openly showcasing its blatant disrespect for Senator McCain’s many decades of service and sacrifice to our country as well as the service of all his fellow veterans," Chenelly added.

The American Legion, the country's largest wartime veterans service organization, joined in condemning Trump for his muted response to McCain's death. McCain was a member of the American Legion and retired from the U.S. Navy at the rank of captain.

"On behalf of the American Legion's two million wartime veterans, I strongly urge you to make an appropriate presidential proclamation noting Senator McCain's death and legacy of service to our nation, and that our nation's flag be half-staffed throughout his internment," Denise Rohan, the national commander of the American Legion, said in a statement.
Old 27-08-2018, 21:48   #1852
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

He knew that he would have to back down. Why this man picks fights that he knows will either make him look atrocious or that he will have to turn face on is beyond me.
Old 27-08-2018, 21:50   #1853
Lutherf
cf.member

Lutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The flag stuff I believe is that traditionally when a sitting Senator dies the flag is kept at half-mast across the capital until the service. The White House has already put it back up to full-mast whilst the other government buildings are keeping to tradition.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Looks like Trump has changed his mind. Statement released and flag back at half mast.
Code is that, for the death of a Senator or Congressman, the flag be at half staff for the day of death and the following day. The White House protocol was correct. That being said, exceptions are often made and could easily have been made in this case.
Old 27-08-2018, 21:53   #1854
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

I figure that Kelly Sadler is happy today...must be great relief for her to know that McCain has actually you know...died.
Old 27-08-2018, 21:53   #1855
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
Code is that, for the death of a Senator or Congressman, the flag be at half staff for the day of death and the following day. The White House protocol was correct. That being said, exceptions are often made and could easily have been made in this case.
I think the challenge was the lack of a formal statement about the Senator (rather than just a tweet offering sympathy to his family) followed by the flag issue (and bearing in mind the abrasive relationship the two had) appeared to follow a pattern of pettiness.
Old 27-08-2018, 22:08   #1856
Lutherf
cf.member

Lutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I think the challenge was the lack of a formal statement about the Senator (rather than just a tweet offering sympathy to his family) followed by the flag issue (and bearing in mind the abrasive relationship the two had) appeared to follow a pattern of pettiness.
Trump wasn't going to score any points no matter what he did. The animosity between him and McCain is well known and the animosity between him and the press is epic.

If Trump had gone any farther in his tweet he'd have been branded insincere. My personal take is that in doing "just enough" he probably minimized the fallout he was going to get anyway. The McCain stuff is getting a LOT more attention than it otherwise would have primarily because it gives people who dislike Trump something else to hammer him with. I'm not even much of a Trump fan (though I've been pleasantly surprised at the direction he's gone) but I really am getting sick and tired of the constant badgering and conspiracy theories they push his way. It really is unfair and, from my perspective, reflects poorly on Americans as a whole.
Old 27-08-2018, 22:16   #1857
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Trump wasn't going to score any points no matter what he did. The animosity between him and McCain is well known and the animosity between him and the press is epic.
Nah he could have easily done a 'we often disagreed but I have admiration for his service and life' e.t.c. Although I guess he made it difficult for himself when he said McCain wasn't a war hero cos he was captured. Just a jerk all around really.
Old 27-08-2018, 22:25   #1858
Lutherf
cf.member

Quote:
Nah he could have easily done a 'we often disagreed but I have admiration for his service and life' e.t.c. Although I guess he made it difficult for himself when he said McCain wasn't a war hero cos he was captured. Just a jerk all around really.
Trump couldn't get away with declaring "Free ice cream Friday" at this point. It literally doesn't matter what comes out of his mouth; half the media, 99% of the Democrats and 40% of the Republicans are going to slam him for something.
Old 27-08-2018, 22:29   #1859
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Quote:
A Muslim can choose not to sell liquor at their restaurant. That's different to refusing to serve someone. Just as I cannot imagine there are many Muslims and Jews in the business of selling pork. I would expect a Muslim to give a service they did provide, say selling cars, to someone who was gay though.
So for the sake of making this point:

Quote:
The bakers didn't force someone who didn't sell cakes to sell them a cake. They asked for someone who was selling customised cakes to make them a customised cake.
Say the couple (even a straight one) went into the bakery and said they wanted a champagne cake. (Apparently such things exist). Or a cake with liquor in it.

The store says no because selling liquor (or even handling it) goes against their religious principles.

The cake doesn't get customized the way that they want. (If that is all that you see this being an issue of).

Do the couple have a case that they have been denied a service? Nope.

Same principle...the first amendment is the first amendment. Simple as that.
Old 27-08-2018, 22:53   #1860
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Trump couldn't get away with declaring "Free ice cream Friday" at this point. It literally doesn't matter what comes out of his mouth; half the media, 99% of the Democrats and 40% of the Republicans are going to slam him for something.
Nah, it was pettiness and spite.

As the report said
Quote:
President Trump decided against releasing an official White House statement on Sen. John McCain following his death, two administration sources confirmed to Fox News.

The statement would have praised him for his decades of service and his heroism as a Vietnam War POW. White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders and other senior aides all had pushed for such a statement, which would have called McCain a “hero.”

The president, however, rejected the statement
Closed Thread