Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Stream box faulty or just really a bad device?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

VM Stream box faulty or just really a bad device?

Old 07-05-2022, 12:39   #1
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
VM Stream box faulty or just really a bad device?

As my contract was finishing this month I decided to get one of the new VM Stream devices in my new package as the free channel line up is better than I get from Freeview,
for this purpose it works pretty well, however I have to login to all my apps (Netflix, Disney, Iplayer etc) after every time it goes into standby or is rebooted, it also loses its settings if its rebooted or power is interrupted.
Does anyone know if this is normal behaviour from a badly designed device or if my one is faulty?
I have currently been on the phone to VM's customer services for over half an hour about this and am getting nowhere!

Edit:
I've now been told there is an area fault causing this even though its not affecting Stream devices!

Last edited by buckeye; 07-05-2022 at 12:50.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2022, 13:39   #2
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: VM Stream box faulty or just really a bad device?

That explanation doesn't sound very legit if your internet is working.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 14:26   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
As my contract was finishing this month I decided to get one of the new VM Stream devices in my new package as the free channel line up is better than I get from Freeview,
for this purpose it works pretty well, however I have to login to all my apps (Netflix, Disney, Iplayer etc) after every time it goes into standby or is rebooted, it also loses its settings if its rebooted or power is interrupted.
Does anyone know if this is normal behaviour from a badly designed device or if my one is faulty?
I have currently been on the phone to VM's customer services for over half an hour about this and am getting nowhere!

Edit:
I've now been told there is an area fault causing this even though its not affecting Stream devices!
Sounds like the usual nonsense that people get in response.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 15:22   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

That is faulty. Call again
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 17:21   #5
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

After another 45 minutes on the phone I have now been told that VM cannot simply send me a new device and that I have to have an engineer visit first!
I have also discovered that I was lied to when ordering this, I specifically asked if I could get Sky Box Office on it to which I was told yes, that's a service lacking from my device!

I'm not wasting my time any more on this, I shall be cancelling my new contract and sending this back to them on Monday.
Way to go VM, another dissatisfied customer!
Old 07-05-2022, 17:25   #6
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Sky Box Office has nothing scheduled for the next week or so - so wouldn't be showing any programmes at this time.

How do you know it is not available?

Quote:
I have also discovered that I was lied to when ordering this, I specifically asked if I could get Sky Box Office on it to which I was told yes, that's a service lacking from my device!
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 17:42   #7
buckeye
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Sky Box Office has nothing scheduled for the next week or so - so wouldn't be showing any programmes at this time.

How do you know it is not available?
There is no PPV section on it that I can find and after asking the last CS agent I spoke to today they said I would have to use the VM specific Sky Sports player on my PC for any Box Office events!
Old 07-05-2022, 18:42   #8
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Hi buckeye.
I don't know if you can watch PPV's on the Stream service, however on my 360 (which uses Horizon the same as the Stream box) you can find/watch Sky or BT Box Office events, by pressing the Home button and under Guide you will find an app advertising the pay per view event. (It appears in the bottom left hand corner a few days before the event). Click on that app and it will give you a list of sport that you can buy that weekend.

My 360 is currently advertising WWE Wrestlemania Backlash and it's due to start at 1am this coming Monday.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 19:18   #9
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Sky Sports Player app does not provide Box Office.

The only scheduled PPV is currently on BT Box Office on Sunday night.

Quote:
There is no PPV section on it that I can find and after asking the last CS agent I spoke to today they said I would have to use the VM specific Sky Sports player on my PC for any Box Office events!
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 19:58   #10
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Sky Sports Player app does not provide Box Office.

The only scheduled PPV is currently on BT Box Office on Sunday night.
With a poor WWE Card - in my view.

I am thinking about not buying it - and I have watch WWE since 1990 when WWF Prime Time was on Eurosport every Friday night at 8pm.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 21:51   #11
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
With a poor WWE Card - in my view.

I am thinking about not buying it - and I have watch WWE since 1990 when WWF Prime Time was on Eurosport every Friday night at 8pm.
You could always take out a trial or subscription to WWE Network and it’s included with that.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 18:02   #12
buckeye
cf.addict

This is getting quite laughable now,
I received a text message saying an appointment had been made for an engineers visit and if I wasn't in I'd be charged £25, unfortunately no-one at VM bothered to talk to me before this appointment was made and I will be on a hospital appointment then!
I've cancelled that and tried to cancel and send back the Stream device and get my £35 activation fee refunded as I'm fed up with all this hassle now, apparently if I do that I will enter a new 18 month contract!
The only way the agent could find a way of not entering me into a new contract (I'm within my 14 days cooling off period for the Stream) is to cancel my broadband and phone too.
As it stands I can order new equipment but if I try to exercise my right to a 14 day cooling off period I am punished by being entered into a potentially expensive 18 month contract!
VM get worse instead of better!