Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 08-05-2022, 20:37   #1561
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
It doesn't tell us who they are- but i know.
A woke is someone who insists on apologising to a person who wasn’t offended in the first place.
Old 09-05-2022, 13:23   #1562
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
A woke is someone who insists on apologising to a person who wasn’t offended in the first place.
I’m sorry you feel that way…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2022, 21:40   #1563
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I apologise if I’ve offended you, you poor flower, you!

Old 15-05-2022, 07:41   #1564
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I will be sorry on behalf of all those here that are not sorry.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2022, 03:11   #1565
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Peter Andre has throw his support behind the Online Harms Bill after Rebekah Vardy caused him immense distress & humiliation by insinuating that he had a small penis:

https://www.itv.com/hub/loose-women/1a3173a3991

She has since apologised and expressed her regret about saying this.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2022, 09:29   #1566
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Peter Andre has throw his support behind the Online Harms Bill after Rebekah Vardy caused him immense distress & humiliation by insinuating that he had a small penis:

Some things can't be unsaid. Now the damage has been done. Apologies are worthless, in my view

The funny thing is, as soon as you complain about this sort of thing, you draw attention to it. Better to ignore such remarks. I got called names at school now and again, as I think we all did from time to time, but it didn't destroy my life and send me over the edge.

Sticks and stones, and all that.
Old 30-05-2022, 09:32   #1567
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Ah! The old it's your fault you get called names you don't like because you complained about it too much forcing me to keep calling you names defence.
Old 30-05-2022, 09:36   #1568
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Some things can't be unsaid. Now the damage has been done. Apologies are worthless, in my view

The funny thing is, as soon as you complain about this sort of thing, you draw attention to it. Better to ignore such remarks. I got called names at school now and again, as I think we all did from time to time, but it didn't destroy my life and send me over the edge.

A fist is worth a thousand words.
Old 30-05-2022, 09:45   #1569
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
That normally settles the argument. Dealing with women, however, is a different matter.
Old 30-05-2022, 10:50   #1570
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
That normally settles the argument. Dealing with women, however, is a different matter.
Old 30-05-2022, 11:06   #1571
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Too much testosterone in this thread.
Old 30-05-2022, 11:25   #1572
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Too much testosterone in this thread.
Usually all mouth and no trousers…
Old 30-05-2022, 12:25   #1573
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

He might have?
Old 30-05-2022, 13:01   #1574
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

IIRC what's said in court is libel free,
Old 30-05-2022, 13:07   #1575
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
IIRC what's said in court is libel free,
Only if relevant, or reported contemporaneously…

https://www.carruthers-law.co.uk/art...ute-privilege/

Quote:
Interestingly, it wouldn’t apply if a statement was made in the proceedings which was not relevant to the claim, so for example, if, as in the case of Seaman v Netherclift (1876 (2CPD53). A witness was asked: “Where you at York on a certain day?” The witness replied, “Yes, and AB picked my pocket there.” That would not have the protection of absolute privilege as it was entirely unconnected to the proceedings.

Privilege extends to documents in the proceedings, such as statements, court documents, particulars of claim, defence. However, documents produced in the proceedings which do not have a link with them would not be protected.
Quote:
A fair and accurate report of judicial proceedings heard in public, and which are published contemporaneously with those proceedings, is absolutely privileged, under section 14 of the Defamation Act 1996. Contemporaneous publications would be those that are heard as soon as is practicable, after publication is permitted. For example, if a newspaper is published daily, then it would be contemporaneous if it was published in the next edition. In the same way, if an edition was weekly or monthly, then it would be termed contemporaneous to publish in the next weekly or monthly edition.