Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 09-11-2018, 15:01   #5671
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

We had a lovely orange cat for 15 years but her box was out on the verandah which was. fine, but we caught her walking along the railing and we were 15 floors up. But she learned not to do it again, She was a beautiful cat but losing her was a heartbreak, We never got another one.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2018, 21:45   #5672
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Christmas Adverts in November
Old 10-11-2018, 21:00   #5673
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Christmas
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 14:07   #5674
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Receiving a dental appointment by post today for the 6th of November.
Old 12-11-2018, 15:02   #5675
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Someone screwed up unless it is 2019!

I book mine up 6 months in advance.
Old 12-11-2018, 15:03   #5676
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Starting to get dark at 3pm
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 15:13   #5677
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Someone screwed up unless it is 2019!

I book mine up 6 months in advance.
Our is sent to us every time we need a check up but usually arrives a couple of weeks in advance of the appointment rather then a week after it..

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Starting to get dark at 3pm
Emigrate to the North Pole during the Winter Solstice and you will be far worse off Mr K.
Old 12-11-2018, 15:22   #5678
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not good den

My youngest got into a bit of a argument last night at work which did surprise me as he is usually very laid back and quiet anyway long story short two people at his work seem to have a problem with him as one man in his 50's keeps muttering Oh Tesco are employing children now when he walks by him and the other one who is a woman in her 40's keeps talking down to him at every opportunity it seems.

Well last night he answered back telling this man that Tesco does not age discriminate and if he has a problem then speak to the manager only for this woman to butt in and say that is no way to talk to his elders in which he replied in a raised voice Oh do you think it is ok for two adults to speak to children like that as that is what you obliviously think I am as you make enough sly comments on the fact I'm only 16 and a child, blah blah blah.

Anyway other staff overheard this and obviously informed the management and he got called into the managers office where he was told that he was not in any trouble but he was asked if he wants to make a complaint against these two employees and he said no he just had enough of their snide comments and explained that he comes into work, gets on with it and does not interfere at all with other departments yet these two think that it ok to come to his department which has nothing to with them and they are the same level as him not even supervisors and he really does not understand what the problem is with him and this manager informed my son that she knows what their problem is and will be speaking to them and telling them that on this occasion she will be respecting my son's wishes and not taking this matter further on this occasion.

Why do some people think it is ok to speak or bring down someone like this no matter what age someone is IMO this is wrong.

The way hubby and I are feeling atm is on Thursday just before we pick our youngest up from work, his Dad and I might just to go into to the store for some milk or whatever, just to get a feel of how he is coping at his work in the hope that our youngest does not catch us, but maybe I will change my mind by Thursday.

This is why I wanted him in the Sainsbury's that both I and his brother worked in or even the local Home Bargains where I know most of the staff.

I'm not expecting my son to be mothered or mollycoddled at his work but at the same time nor do I expect a lady in her 40's or man in his 50's to make him the object of their own insecurities.

When I worked we looked after the young ones at our store

I just wish he had told us what he was experiencing with these two then we could have advised him to speak to his supervisor what they were doing rather than him getting into an argument with them.
Old 14-11-2018, 13:34   #5679
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Interviewee's, mainly young women, who constantly put an upward internation at the end of almost every sentence turning it from a statement into a question. Really irritating and devalues anything they have to say.
I hate that too. God awful. Even worse are the ones that WRITE that way too, and stick a question mark on the end of everything, just to let you know that that's the way they're speaking.....
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 14:02   #5680
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Well today is the first day that my youngest will have went back to work since it all kicked off Sunday and he has asked me not to go in which I won't. I'm dreading dropping him off at 5pm and I just know that I will be on tender hooks until 9pm when I pick him up, hopefully they will say nothing more on what happened on Sunday but if they do his big brother has gave him some words of wisdom on how to handle things if they do.

His big brother has advised him that if these two so called adults confront him in anyway about this matter then he needs to go to his supervisor and say he came into his work today under the impression that a line had been drawn under what happened at the start of the week and he would appreciate it if they have anything further to say or they feel the matter was not dealt with appropriately then they need to speak to the relevant person example their supervisor.

I have no worries really with my youngest as he is very calm, totally laid back and a well mannered boy.

Like any parent I just do not like the thought of two adults more than twice his age ganging up on him but I suppose he is in the working world now and as he has said Mum I don't need you to hold my hand so please let me handle this (true but ouch)
Old 17-11-2018, 17:37   #5681
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Getting my hair cut. Why do they interrogate you on what you're doing today, holidays, weather etc etc. ? Beyond telling them what haircut is required, I want silence and they can concentrate on styling my wonderful hair I would definitely pay double for a quiet hairdresser - definite gap in the market !
Old 17-11-2018, 17:49   #5682
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Getting my hair cut. Why do they interrogate you on what you're doing today, holidays, weather etc etc. ? Beyond telling them what haircut is required, I want silence and they can concentrate on styling my wonderful hair I would definitely pay double for a quiet hairdresser - definite gap in the market !
They are just being friendly Mr K
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 18:12   #5683
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
They are just being friendly Mr K
Well they can stop it !
Old 17-11-2018, 23:13   #5684
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Hair?

What's that again
Old 18-11-2018, 09:23   #5685
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Hair?

What's that again

Bum fluff....