Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What was your favourite film of 2021?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

What was your favourite film of 2021?
View Poll Results: What was your favourite film of 2021
Godzilla vs Kong 0 0%
Mortal Kombat 0 0%
Connected 0 0%
Cruella 0 0%
Nobody 0 0%
Luca 0 0%
In the Heights 0 0%
The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard 0 0%
Fast 9 0 0%
Black Widow 1 11.11%
Cinderella 0 0%
Space Jam 0 0%
Escape Room 2 0 0%
Jungle Cruise 0 0%
The Suicide Squad 0 0%
Free Guy 3 33.33%
Snake Eyes 0 0%
Shang Chi 0 0%
Infinite 0 0%
No Time To Die 0 0%
Venom 2 0 0%
Dune 1 11.11%
Eternals 0 0%
Ghostbusters Afterlife 1 11.11%
Encanto 0 0%
West Side Story 0 0%
Spiderman: No Way Home 2 22.22%
Kingsman 0 0%
Matrix Resurrections 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2022, 21:54   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
What was your favourite film of 2021?

I thought the year started a bit weak as it felt like all the studios were holding back the big releases until things settled and they knew people would go out to the cinema. I definitely thought the better films came towards the end of the year.

Although last year wasn't the best year for the quantity of good movies being released, there were still from great films and I was really torn between a few. Free Guy was definitely my favourite up and till Shang Chi came out and it made me think twice. Then Dune came along and I really really loved that as a pure quality scifi film and the only thing which has stopped me from making it my No. 1 is that as fantastic as it was, it is an incomplete story as it currently stands. I still love it though.

For me, my No. 1 film for last year is Free Guy. What is yours?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2022, 00:06   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What was your favourite film of 2021?

I have some catching up to do as I've only seen Godzilla, Free Guy and Black Window due to spending my TV time binging on TV shows, so until then all I can say is Godzilla was crap and won't make the top of the list but I've enjoyed the others.
Old 03-01-2022, 00:08   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Probably Last Night in Soho or Spiderman. Dune was good but didn't really leave an imprint on me, sort of forgot about it, to be honest. Nomandland was this year as well, crazy how quickly the year has gone. So all those four films are up there. It's made more difficult by how few films I've seen this year in comparison to other years.

It does seem like a weak year overall. Nothing wowed me and made me think it'll win all the awards.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 00:21   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I think only being able to vote for one is a little restrictive.

I cant really say just one as Ive enjoyed several, and would likely pick a different one if asked again next week.

I finally got around to watching 'The Suicide Squad' yesterday, and really enjoyed that.

(and Kingsman only came out after christmas, not even had chance to see that yet).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 00:24   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Godzilla was crap and won't make the top of the list
That is what wound me up. I thought it was grade 1 crap as well but it did very well at the box office and did something like $450m and came out around No.5 or No. 6 last year. All the info is in the box office stats thread. I would like to think that it got an artificial boost in ticket sales as it was one of the first major releases when the cinemas reopened earlier in the year. Seems like eons ago now.
Old 03-01-2022, 00:29   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I thought it was grade 1 crap as well but it did very well at the box office.
Because unlike you, lots of people thought it was good, and enjoyed it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 00:38   #7
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

The only two in that list that I've seen are 'Nobody' and 'The Hitmans Wifes Bodyguard' . . . . both bang average fare IMO.

No real interest in many of the others either
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 20:14   #8
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Only stuff I've actually watched of course.

Favourite - Ghostbusters

Close second, Shang-Chi followed by Spiderman.
Old 26-01-2022, 18:10   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away