Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CNN International leaving in January?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

CNN International leaving in January?

Old 04-12-2021, 17:01   #1
adhiren
cf.member

adhiren is an unknown quantity at this point
CNN International leaving in January?

So I recently called Virgin Media saying I wanted to cancel my service as wanted to switch to Sky as the main channel I watch is CNN which Virgin removed. The Virgin chap is then telling me that CNN is leaving Sky in January

Has anyone else heard this?
adhiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2021, 17:21   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: CNN International leaving in January?

According to this, it is leaving VM, Freesat and BT TV but staying on Sky.

https://advanced-television.com/2021...rgin-carriage/
Old 07-12-2021, 16:10   #3
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Correct Snoopz although it will only be available as a pay channel on Sky.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 14:02   #4
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

It is currently free to air on satellite - is that going to change?
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:11   #5
adhiren
cf.member

adhiren is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
According to this, it is leaving VM, Freesat and BT TV but staying on Sky.

https://advanced-television.com/2021...rgin-carriage/
You say that but it is not available on Sky Glass on any of the packages
adhiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 21:58   #6
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

CNN

Freesat by Sky still on our box . only place you can see it other than RAKUTAN TV

Last edited by gulf4uk; 20-12-2021 at 22:15.
gulf4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 15:36   #7
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

As usual, it will be down to current carriage agreements. CNN did not renew theirs with VM or Freesat. I can only assume their agreement with Sky terminates on a different date, hence the channel still appearing on the EPG. If CNN are, as they have stated, moving to an online subscription platform, then it is only a matter of time before the current satellite uplinks are pulled.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2021, 20:42   #8
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

I doubt CNN will be going from Sky TV anytime soon, I think this is just scare tactics and miss information from virgin media staff per usual.. they also tried to convince me that their TiVo box is so much better than Sky Q given the fact TiVo is outdated using a clunky interface designed in the 1990’s.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 19:03   #9
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrock101 View Post
I doubt CNN will be going from Sky TV anytime soon, I think this is just scare tactics and miss information from virgin media staff per usual.. they also tried to convince me that their TiVo box is so much better than Sky Q given the fact TiVo is outdated using a clunky interface designed in the 1990’s.
It's not VM staff who are saying it's leaving Sky, it's Forum posters suggesting this will happen when contracts expire.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 21:52   #10
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

I Have noticed shedule changes recently new programme at 2200 Global Brief with Bianca Nobilo at 2200UK and world of sport at 2230.UK Wolf back at 2300 UK
Old 29-12-2021, 15:53   #11
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

It does seem as though the simulcasting of CNN USA on CNNI is continuing to be scaled back.

I was always disappointed that I was never able to access CNN USA as an addition to CNNI but of course, it's irrelevant now that VM no longer carries CNN.
Old 30-12-2021, 19:06   #12
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

no loss as I don't watch it
Old 04-08-2023, 17:05   #13
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

From 1st AUG 2023 CNN Went HD Only so i had to replace my old reciever for an HD one no trouble though got one on E-BAY £32 Inc delivery there were cheaper but not complete and a bit Rough . 24hour Delivery so arrived this morining and set up easy .
Old 11-08-2023, 10:34   #14
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Hopefully CNN might one day return to Virgin Media, and if so, hopefully both CNN International and CNN USA.
Old 11-08-2023, 15:36   #15
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Will CNN has been offered to Virgin Media as part of ongoing talks with Warner Bros Discovery UK.

As first reported on July 5th:
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=720
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote