Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Keep same number

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Keep same number

Old 26-11-2021, 22:38   #1
Stephen007007007
cf.member

Stephen007007007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep same number

Hi I’ve signed up for the new virgin tv package. And I got a new o2 SIM card how do you go on about to keep same virgin phone number
Stephen007007007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2021, 02:00   #2
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Keep same number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen007007007 View Post
Hi I’ve signed up for the new virgin tv package. And I got a new o2 SIM card how do you go on about to keep same virgin phone number
You would have to speak to customer support to do it.

Pop a message on the Virgin customer forum and they should be able to sort you out.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2021, 17:58   #3
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen007007007 View Post
Did I hear that this new package gives free access through O2 to Disney Plus as well ?
Old 16-12-2021, 21:28   #4
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
You would have to speak to customer support to do it.

Pop a message on the Virgin customer forum and they should be able to sort you out.
I got my pac from Virgin, gave it to 02 and they set everything up. Once they transfer your Virgin number to 02, speak to Virgin CS after a couple of days and they will move your broadband up to the next tier free of charge as part of the Volt package. The double data offer on Volt via 02 mobile takes a further week or so to be activated automatically.
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2021, 02:05   #5
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post
Did I hear that this new package gives free access through O2 to Disney Plus as well ?
i was on o2 and get disney plus for like 6 months i think and then i got 2 odd quid a month off the total bill after that?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 15:36   #6
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Ten months later, and their systems still aren’t updated.

As part of my new Virgin package, I’ve just received an O2 sim, with a different number, to replace my existing VM sim. To keep my existing number, I had to call VM Mobile to get a PAC code from VM for me to give to O2.

You’d think by now that they would have either gone over to a single point of contact for mobile or have access to both systems.
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 16:12   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Pretty sure that O2 or Vodafone wouldn't want the other company having access to their customer data...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 16:22   #8
Dingbat
cf.member

Vodafone?
Old 06-10-2022, 16:43   #9
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

VM Mobile ran on the Vodafone network
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 17:23   #10
Dingbat
cf.member

But as an MVNO, VM wouldn’t have had access to Vodafone’s customer database (or vice versa).

Whereas VM and O2 are now the same company.
Old 06-10-2022, 19:33   #11
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
But as an MVNO, VM wouldn’t have had access to Vodafone’s customer database (or vice versa).

Whereas VM and O2 are now the same company.
Did you pay your mobile bill to VM or Vodafone? An MVNO has access to all its customer data.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:34   #12
Dingbat
cf.member

There’s a difference between customer data (commercially sensitive) and user data (which the network, in this case Vodafone, has access to).

An MVNO will only have access to its own customers data.