Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Email not working

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Email not working

Old 10-11-2021, 12:11   #1
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Email not working

I am having issues accessing my email.

It used to be Globalnet, then Madasafish now Plusnet i believe.

I cannot send or receive any emails, and Trying the webmails doesn't like the password.

When I boot up Thunderbird it says Temporary problem, but it's been over 12 hours, the trouble is I used this every day to receive job alerts.
Old 10-11-2021, 13:01   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Email not working

Not just you.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/plusnet/
Old 10-11-2021, 14:29   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I hope I haven't been sent info for an interview
Old 10-11-2021, 17:13   #4
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

someone on Facebook has been told it could be out until the end of the week
Old 10-11-2021, 17:32   #5
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Someone on Facebook was wrong.

Quote:
We're really sorry that some of our customers are still experiencing issues when trying to login into their email accounts.
We've identified what the problem is and are now completing work to fix this as quickly as possible. Some of this work will need to be completed overnight, to avoid any additional disruption, and we expect affected customers to be able to access their Plusnet email account by tomorrow morning.
https://community.plus.net/t5/Servic...n/td-p/1837590
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 17:34   #6
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

That person was told by the Plusnet help desk.

Nothing expected until tomorrow, which is a bummer as I'm expecting very urgent emails.
Old 10-11-2021, 21:56   #7
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
This is why I internet!
Old 10-11-2021, 23:10   #8
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

If it's being fixed tonight then probably not too much lost... but even so.

I wouldn't first of all trust rumours from people on sites like facebook in this case.

Secondly, if you have an urgent need to access it contact the support and let them know. It might have an impact on the priority.

Thirdly, though all services are potentially subject to downtime, if you're not going to invest in managing a domain name and mail infrastructure yourself, it's probably best to have critical stuff using one of the big boys, as they're quite simply down less. Hotmail/Outlook, Gmail, Icloud etc. Plus there's less chance they'll ultimately decide to close the service with little/no notice leaving you the task of updating the email address on all those online accounts to a new one...

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:36   #9
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

The email is a domain one I pay for.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:10   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The email is a domain one I pay for.
Can you not log in and change your email on the job sites to Gmail or outlook if it is so important you're stressing over it?
Old 11-11-2021, 17:37   #11
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I am receiving emails, but don't know if any have been lost, but currently cannot send emails.
Old 11-11-2021, 19:05   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I am receiving emails, but don't know if any have been lost, but currently cannot send emails.
Via the link I posted above.

Quote:
Most customers should now be able to log in their Plusnet email, however they may experience a delay when sending and receiving emails. Plusnet emails can be accessed using an email client as normal.

We’re working to fix this as quickly as possible and some of this work will be competed overnight to reduce further disruption. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused. Plusnet broadband and mobile services are not affected.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 10:27   #13
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Well this morning I'm getting emails but I get the 8am email before a 6am one.