Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 22-12-2018, 18:41   #5551
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
At the risk of annoying Mick (apologies)

I'm interested in how many 'some' is of the 33.5 million who voted, and the percentage of the 'some' who want a second referendum because they didn't vote in the first one.
What's the point of asking a question you know I have no answer to? I know all people aren't happy as I've spoken to people that aren't happy.
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2018, 18:45   #5552
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I said that some people want a second referendum based on what we know now which isn't undemocratic. I've not once stated personally I want one.
Stop avoiding the question it is very irritating. You’re not a politician.

I’ve made my case, I don’t believe there has been any fundamental difference in what we know now to what we knew then.

If that is your argument for some people wanting a second referendum.

So if you believe there are differences in knowledge that would legitimise a second referendum please share with us.

Or perhaps one your minders could?
Old 22-12-2018, 18:46   #5553
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica: What's the point of asking a question you know I have no answer to? I know all people aren't happy as I've spoken to people that aren't happy.

No further questions M'lud

Old 22-12-2018, 18:53   #5554
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Stop avoiding the question it is very irritating. You’re not a politician.

I’ve made my case, I don’t believe there has been any fundamental difference in what we know now to what we knew then.

If that is your argument for some people wanting a second referendum.

So if you believe there are differences in knowledge that would legitimise a second referendum please share with us.

Or perhaps one your minders could?
It's all freely available in the press and has been spoke about plenty of times before. I'm not avoiding anything, just don't want to be brought into that argument.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
No further questions M'lud

There wasn't really a question anyway was there. Some people want a second referendum which is fact. My point of talking about this is it's not undemocratic to want one.
Old 22-12-2018, 18:55   #5555
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'll move on when...
Oh really ?

When team members issue an instruction, you do not argue, ever.

To everyone else - this discussion on whether A second referendum is Democratic or not, needs to move on - we've been on this now for several pages.

Time to draw a line under this particular avenue of debate, it is quite clear people do not agree either way. We really need to step away from divisive arguments where there is quite clearly no chance of a consensus.

And a final reminder - people who do not follow team instructions, there is still time to be added to Paul's Xmas holiday list. (Being added = Account time out until after the new year).
Old 22-12-2018, 18:58   #5556
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Do you mean you were 50/50 then Mick? you hid it well
What did you see as the disadvantages of leaving the EU?

Are our MPs any less 'corrupt' ? Look at all the lies during the Brexit vote, cash for questions, MP expense scandals etc etc.... Can't remember any major corruption scandals on the same level in the EU ( apart from Farage never turning up and getting paid and claiming his EU pension which we'll have to fund for him..)
Corruption scandals in the EU, eh?
http://www.brusselstimes.com/magazin...in-our-history

1. The EU Commission scandal of 1999;
2. The 2006 Galvin Report on MEPs' expenses;
3. The 2011 Cash for Influence scandal;
4. Ongoing EU budget fraud.

Then there is a list of countries and related assessments on EU corruption commissioned by the EU Parliament.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDat...)608687_EN.pdf

My advice is at your risk.
Old 22-12-2018, 19:15   #5557
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Corruption scandals in the EU, eh?
http://www.brusselstimes.com/magazin...in-our-history

1. The EU Commission scandal of 1999;
2. The 2006 Galvin Report on MEPs' expenses;
3. The 2011 Cash for Influence scandal;
4. Ongoing EU budget fraud.

Then there is a list of countries and related assessments on EU corruption commissioned by the EU Parliament.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDat...)608687_EN.pdf

Do you think politicians and the set up in this country is any better? I don't. We need to stop being high and mighty and think we're perfect and Johnny foreigner isn't. No one is better than anyone else.

Who will be the enemy when the EU is gone? Inner state faceless perfidious hegemonic bureaucrats ? They'll always be someone to hate/blame as long as little Englanders exist.
Old 22-12-2018, 19:18   #5558
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It's all freely available in the press and has been spoke about plenty of times before. I'm not avoiding anything, just don't want to be brought into that argument.
You don’t want to be brought into the argument?

You’re making the argument ............( or rather you’re not) failing and looking very foolish.

You can’t back up your assertion. You’ve been asked several times to back it up, but you refuse instead telling us to google it.

It seems you can’t be arsed to google it either to back up your own statement, ( but i bet secretly you did, but couldn’t Find anything)

Quote:
Some people want a second referendum which is fact. My point of talking about this is it's not undemocratic to want one.
No, but you say they want one because there is “ new information “ out there that wasn’t there before the first referendum.

So what is the new information, it’s a simple request and if this info is all over the web it shouldn’ Be easy to copy and paste, so what’s the problem?

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Oh really ?

When team members issue an instruction, you do not argue, ever.

To everyone else - this discussion on whether A second referendum is Democratic or not, needs to move on - we've been on this now for several pages.

Time to draw a line under this particular avenue of debate, it is quite clear people do not agree either way. We really need to step away from divisive arguments where there is quite clearly no chance of a consensus.

And a final reminder - people who do not follow team instructions, there is still time to be added to Paul's Xmas holiday list. (Being added = Account time out until after the new year).
Sorry, I posted before I read this.

Just asking someone to back up their statements, but they won’t so you’re right, i’ll Leave it. They’re the ones that look daft.
Old 22-12-2018, 19:23   #5559
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I'm sorry but if people were too dim to read between the lines when it came to voting they shouldn't have voted at all.

The information was out there when the campaign started for the referendum. We are no longer in the 1950's were information was limited as we have the internet now and tv.

If people didn't do their own research prior to voting well it's nobodys fault. I knew myself the EU weren't going to play ball its common sense to know that the EU wouldn't let any country leave and retain the same rights as a member.

The whole point was to go for gold and see what comes out at the end. I just don't think we have pushed hard enough.
Old 22-12-2018, 19:30   #5560
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Do you think politicians and the set up in this country is any better? I don't. We need to stop being high and mighty and think we're perfect and Johnny foreigner isn't. No one is better than anyone else.

[SEPH]: You've veered off the point you made that I was addressing. I've just proved wrong your firmly made assertion about the lack of EU corruption.

Who will be the enemy when the EU is gone? Inner state faceless perfidious hegemonic bureaucrats ? They'll always be someone to hate/blame as long as little Englanders exist.

[SEPH]: A really silly point you've made there. You've implied that I'm a 'little Englander' when I'm nothing of the sort. You've implied that I'll need to find another enemy after we've left the EU. Ridiculous.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 22-12-2018, 19:44   #5561
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

To assist anyone interested in understanding what we know now compared to the heady days of June 2016, this recent article provides a list of 100 such things.
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...exit-1-5824690
Old 22-12-2018, 19:46   #5562
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
To assist anyone interested in understanding what we know now compared to the heady days of June 2016, this recent article provides a list of 100 such things.
We also know that Theresa May is useless. I defy anyone to argue with that !
Old 22-12-2018, 19:51   #5563
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
We also know that Theresa May is useless. I defy anyone to argue with that !
l can't argue with that although the opposition leader is just as useless IMO.
Old 22-12-2018, 19:58   #5564
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l can't argue with that although the opposition leader is just as useless IMO.
Welcome back Old Boy...oh sorry, it's not.
Whilst you're correct about JC's uselessness, we knew that before June 2016. And Theresa May wasn't exactly a star performer at the Home Office was she? So we had some clues even back then.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 22-12-2018 at 20:06.
Old 22-12-2018, 20:40   #5565
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
I don't want to be brought into the argument of posting something then a counter post and I post again.
that’s called a debate/ discussion, you are on a “discussion forum”

If you’re not prepared to enter into a debate, that you started, then what are you doing here?

Quote:
The information of what lies and half truths is out there for anybody to read, we've also been told to stop the discussion.
conveniently for you.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
At least some one stepped in. But posted from a Remain backside wiping rag.

1. We knew we there would be a divorce bill.

2. “Could” ? Not would.

3 a prediction to 2033 :Rolf:

4. We knew it would be at the very least 2years.

5. We knew we would leaving all EU institutions, treaties and agreements, but could negotiate new relations

6. A prediction to 2033 :rolf:

7. Interesting, not read the Times article, I wonder where all the money goes?

8. “Could”

9. We’ll only an idiot would think the pound wouldn’t be affected, but not economic Armageddon as predicted.

10. Wow, a real deal breaker!

11. Really, we’ve got to 11 and this is it?

12. Could......ffs.

13. Could.......ffs

14. Quite possibly the funniest, and really? 14 and we’re here?

15. Would, followed immediately by could...............

16. Is just plain incorrect.

17. Could....

18. Could......

19. May.......

I’ve read enough , this is just a list of all the project fear stories that have appeared in the press, there is nothing substantive in this list from a remainer rag.