Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 29-09-2019, 15:19   #691
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I stand by what I said, Dave.
so if say Corbyn called for riots it be ok or any remain supporter you stay quiet yeah right we would never ever here end of it as you well know OB
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2019, 15:21   #692
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I didn’t refer to the “bedroom tax”.

Nobody is surrendering or betraying anyone. It’s an out and out lie to claim they are. In fact the Labour commitment is to get a deal.
Labour is conniving with the EU to prevent Boris from getting a deal, and of course we are surrendering if they get their way. The electorate understand this truth. And the opposition is betraying the electorate, who voted to leave.

Labour is facing in two directions at the same time on Brexit, and everyone knows it.
Old 29-09-2019, 15:25   #693
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
In which case, you also need to acknowledge that there is name calling from the other side as well - Nazi, liar, etc.

If you or anyone is calling for language to be moderated, then that must be applied to both sides of the debate.
No one is saying that language should not be moderated on all sides.

If I try and explain to you that calling someone a name is worse than calling a tax or charge a name, I don't have to add a disclaimer condemning everything bad that everyone has said. That would probably confuse people even more.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Quote:
I was quoting what Theresa May had pledged. That is all.
Can you clarify - are you now quoting what Boris has pledged or are you saying it will happen yourself?
Old 29-09-2019, 15:27   #694
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Labour is conniving with the EU to prevent Boris from getting a deal, and of course we are surrendering if they get their way. The electorate understand this truth. And the opposition is betraying the electorate, who voted to leave.

Labour is facing in two directions at the same time on Brexit, and everyone knows it.
We aren’t surrendering anything. This wartime rhetoric, laughable, is dangerous because of the morons out there’s who will buy into it and do something stupid. The world won’t end if we extend 3 months - if we have a GE in the meantime and 2nd referendum or remain parties win then that’s the will of the people.

Boris doesn’t want a deal, as his donors are in for shorting the pound to the tune of £8bn on the basis of no deal. You are kidding yourself if you think Boris is genuinely interested in a deal.
Old 29-09-2019, 15:29   #695
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
so if say Corbyn called for riots it be ok or any remain supporter you stay quiet yeah right we would never ever here end of it as you well know OB
I said no-one in their right mind would want riots on the streets. What are you actually arguing about, Dave?
Old 29-09-2019, 15:33   #696
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
In which case, you also need to acknowledge that there is name calling from the other side as well - Nazi, liar, etc.

If you or anyone is calling for language to be moderated, then that must be applied to both sides of the debate.
Indeed

Police investigate 'utterly vile' banner calling for Tory deaths condemned by Labour mayor

On sky news, can’t link on my phone for some reason.
Old 29-09-2019, 15:33   #697
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I said no-one in their right mind would want riots on the streets. What are you actually arguing about, Dave?
Brendan O.Neill said they should be OB I be mad and very disgusted if a remain supporter said that are you not with him OB
Old 29-09-2019, 15:35   #698
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Indeed

Police investigate 'utterly vile' banner calling for Tory deaths condemned by Labour mayor

On sky news, can’t link on my phone for some reason.
l have the link here.

https://news.sky.com/story/utterly-v...mayor-11822793
Old 29-09-2019, 15:37   #699
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
We aren’t surrendering anything. This wartime rhetoric, laughable, is dangerous because of the morons out there’s who will buy into it and do something stupid. The world won’t end if we extend 3 months - if we have a GE in the meantime and 2nd referendum or remain parties win then that’s the will of the people.

Boris doesn’t want a deal, as his donors are in for shorting the pound to the tune of £8bn on the basis of no deal. You are kidding yourself if you think Boris is genuinely interested in a deal.
Do come off it, who are you kidding? We are surrendering because we are being forced into a close relationship with the EU and on their terms.

If you don't like wartime rhetoric, and it's arguable as to whether the word 'surrender' is, then maybe you should be equally critical of Labour members who call Conservative members 'Nazis'.

Brexit will not be extended further as Boris has pledged not to do so. You would soon be cackling away if he failed to honour that pledge, which is exactly what you and the opposition want him to do.

Boris may not want a deal, but the reason for that is that not being tied closely to the EU will give us the maximum freedom in trading with the rest of the world.

Substitute your own reasons if you want to, but they are not true although they may give you some comfort in thinking that.
Old 29-09-2019, 15:43   #700
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Do come off it, who are you kidding? We are surrendering because we are being forced into a close relationship with the EU and on their terms.

If you don't like wartime rhetoric, and it's arguable as to whether the word 'surrender' is, then maybe you should be equally critical of Labour members who call Conservative members 'Nazis'.

Brexit will not be extended further as Boris has pledged not to do so. You would soon be cackling away if he failed to honour that pledge, which is exactly what you and the opposition want him to do.

Boris may not want a deal, but the reason for that is that not being tied closely to the EU will give us the maximum freedom in trading with the rest of the world.

Substitute your own reasons if you want to, but they are not true although they may give you some comfort in thinking that.
I didn’t say I didn’t like the wartime rhetoric - I said it was a matter of time before it had a dangerous effect on a moron. The death of Jo Cox for one being an event someone has clearly bought too much into propaganda. There’s idiots out there, and you know it.

Nobody is “forcing” us into a close relationship with the EU. If we accept a deal it’s because we do so on our own terms. Be that a Johnson, Corbyn or other Government.

If Boris extended for the purposes of a General Election he’d pull the rug from under his opponents, have the possibility of delivering Brexit and a majority Government for five years. If that’s what the public wants. Any cackling would be short lived on that basis, and I think acting in the best interests of the country is worth more than delivering Brexit on an absolutely arbitrary date.

Then again as I said his donors stand to make hundreds of millions of pounds all over again - so why take the risk when you could just crash out.
Old 29-09-2019, 15:50   #701
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Brendan O.Neill said they should be OB I be mad and very disgusted if a remain supporter said that are you not with him OB
Why on earth would I want to side with a man like that? I may want Brexit, but that doesn’t mean I agree with everything any Brexiteer may say or do!

In case you were unaware, that man is described in Wikipedia in the following terms:

‘Once a Trotskyist Marxist, O'Neill was formerly a member of Revolutionary Communist Party and wrote for the party's journal, Living Marxism. O'Neill self identifies as a Marxist libertarian and writes for a range of publications.’

I am most truly offended that you could ever think of me as a Marxist and atheist, Dave!
Old 29-09-2019, 15:55   #702
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Why on earth would I want to side with a man like that? I may want Brexit, but that doesn’t mean I agree with everything any Brexiteer may say or do!

In case you were unaware, that man is described in Wikipedia in the following terms:

‘Once a Trotskyist Marxist, O'Neill was formerly a member of Revolutionary Communist Party and wrote for the party's journal, Living Marxism. O'Neill self identifies as a Marxist libertarian and writes for a range of publications.’

I am most truly offended that you could ever think of me as a Marxist and atheist, Dave!

Brendan O’Neill is what l would call a contemptible human being as his divisive and incendiary rhetoric should not be tolerated by anyone.
Old 29-09-2019, 15:56   #703
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
No one is saying that language should not be moderated on all sides.

If I try and explain to you that calling someone a name is worse than calling a tax or charge a name, I don't have to add a disclaimer condemning everything bad that everyone has said. That would probably confuse people even more.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Can you clarify - are you now quoting what Boris has pledged or are you saying it will happen yourself?
So you are ok with the opposition calling Boris a liar?

All I am saying is that the opposition cannot take the moral high ground here. They are just as guilty of name-calling and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. If they want any legitimacy at all when they claim to be oh so offended, then they can stop the name-calling themselves and set a good example.

As for Boris, I actually believe that he means it when he says we will leave on 31 October. You underestimate him if you don't believe he will stick to that.
Old 29-09-2019, 15:57   #704
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
So you are ok with the opposition calling Boris a liar?

All I am saying is that the opposition cannot take the moral high ground here. They are just as guilty of name-calling and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. If they want any legitimacy at all when they claim to be oh so offended, then they can stop the name-calling themselves and set a good example.

As for Boris, I actually believe that he means it when he says we will leave on 31 October. You underestimate him if you don't believe he will stick to that.
Boris lies. It’s an observable fact to anyone who is unbiased. That’s straightforward denial of the truth.

We will not leave on October 31, the sooner that is accepted and working to a solution after that date the better.
Old 29-09-2019, 16:01   #705
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Brendan O’Neill is what l would call a contemptible human being as his divisive and incendiary rhetoric should not be tolerated by anyone.
Absolutely. I can't understand why Dave thought I would support him in any way!

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Quote:
Boris lies. It’s an observable fact to anyone who is unbiased. That’s straightforward denial of the truth.

We will not leave on October 31, the sooner that is accepted and working to a solution after that date the better.
Oh, so you are ok with the opposition calling Boris a liar (which is unparliamentary language) but not ok for the PM to describe Hilary Benn's man trap as the surrender bill? Interesting.

As for the 31 October statement, can we quote you on that?
Closed Thread