Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2021, 21:13   #1891
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I think you are missing the point - free UHD over Christmas is a loss leader to encourage people to upgrade thus potentially increasing future revenue.

Giving top tier customers freebies gains nothing
It helps to generate & retain goodwill, that's why Sky do it.

Looks like Virgin have screwed something up yet again though as people on the lower tiers are complaining they can't access it.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 18-12-2021 at 21:16.
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2021, 02:11   #1892
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I would much rather have Sky Sports UHD for Christmas.
Do that many people have UHD tvs? I have my own set up and have a 32 inch tv in my living quarters with my work desktop computer next to me. its a small room. i can't fit a bigger tv in my living quarters. No UHD tvs exist for people like me.

I know most people have huge titanic tvs in their sitting room (again people i know dont really but have 36-42 inch tvs) and again UHD isn't really an option for these people.

Only seems available for people with BEHEMOTH TVS and i don't think there are as many people with those sized tvs as people expect hence the slow, slow, slow roll out of UHD compared to SD to digital
Old 19-12-2021, 06:47   #1893
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There are several 32" UHD tvs on Amazon - but I don't think many would see a benefit over a good HD tv.

Actually there are even 24".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Do that many people have UHD tvs? I have my own set up and have a 32 inch tv in my living quarters with my work desktop computer next to me. its a small room. i can't fit a bigger tv in my living quarters. No UHD tvs exist for people like me.

I know most people have huge titanic tvs in their sitting room (again people i know dont really but have 36-42 inch tvs) and again UHD isn't really an option for these people.

Only seems available for people with BEHEMOTH TVS and i don't think there are as many people with those sized tvs as people expect hence the slow, slow, slow roll out of UHD compared to SD to digital

Last edited by ozsat; 19-12-2021 at 06:53.
Old 19-12-2021, 10:11   #1894
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Do that many people have UHD tvs?
Yes, over 50% of UK homes have one now.

Whether it's worth having a small UHD TV depends on your viewing distance. I'm writing this on a 15" UHD-resolution screen.
Old 19-12-2021, 11:11   #1895
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
There are several 32" UHD tvs on Amazon - but I don't think many would see a benefit over a good HD tv.

Actually there are even 24".
Glad to hear that. Can't be doing with big screen, neither would relatives I know.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

Whether it's worth having a small UHD TV depends on your viewing distance. I'm writing this on a 15" UHD-resolution screen.
I'm guessing from your wording that's a computer monitor or tablet?
Old 19-12-2021, 11:36   #1896
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

Yes I do and it's only 43" , about as big as is required in the room it's in.
Old 19-12-2021, 12:30   #1897
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

ITV box sets will be removed from On Demand from 31st December.

There are about 140 TV series currently available, so this will be one of the biggest reductions in On Demand since the BBC box sets were removed.

I assume this is to push people to use BritBox, so maybe the BritBox app is coming soon to VM?

Last edited by SonicMaster; 19-12-2021 at 12:34.
Old 19-12-2021, 12:41   #1898
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
ITV box sets will be removed from On Demand from 31st December.

There are about 140 TV series currently available, so this will be one of the biggest reductions in On Demand since the BBC box sets were removed.

I assume this is to push people to use BritBox, so maybe the BritBox app is coming soon to VM?
As has been mentioned previously (not by me), there's an ITV tier that's recently been added to VM systems, it shows on DigitialBitRate website. The thought was ITV Hub+ and/or BritBox UK are getting added to certain TV packages.
Old 19-12-2021, 14:25   #1899
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Well the time has come for "Best of" to reappear on Cable Forum.

But this year you have until December 24th at 23.59 to tell me your best:

A) New Channel of the year (Nominate by YOU):
NOTE: Tell me if your vote is for an HD or SD Channel

What launch in 2021 on Virgin TV?

Sky Showcase HD
Sky Showcase
QVC Extra
GB News HD
Colors Gujarati
GREAT! tv*
GREAT! movies classic*
GREAT! movies*
GREAT! movies action*
Utsav Gold HD*
Utsav Bharat*
Utsav Plus HD*
Sky Documentaries (SD)
Sky Nature (SD)

*Branded by new owners.

B) Best poster on Cable Forum with Information (Nominate by YOU):
NOTE: Do NOT vote for me.

C) Best Radio Channel of the year (Nominate by YOU):

To vote just PM me. Note if you vote via this thread YOUR VOTE WILL NOT COUNT.

Results will be revealed after 5pm GMT on December 31st.

Also I can confirmed at "Changes to Virgin TV (2022)" will launch on Cable Forum just after 8pm on December 31st.

So Happy Holidays and get voting.

UPDATE: As of December 19th I have still to get a vote from anyone.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
As has been mentioned previously (not by me), there's an ITV tier that's recently been added to VM systems, it shows on DigitialBitRate website. The thought was ITV Hub+ and/or BritBox UK are getting added to certain TV packages.
From December 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
SID 440 is now listed as ITV Tier but only added to non-customer networks at the moment. Maybe a new subscriber pack for ITV Hub+ or even BritBox??? - just a guess.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=1841
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 19-12-2021, 15:49   #1900
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
UPDATE: As of December 19th I have still to get a vote from anyone.[COLOR="Silver"]
Maybe nobody watches linear TV or cares about pointless polls.

Old 19-12-2021, 17:20   #1901
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Maybe nobody watches linear TV or cares about pointless polls.

Shows how much people care about the mainly pointless non stories posted. It's a heck of a lot to wade through to get the odd nugget
Old 19-12-2021, 17:47   #1902
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Shows how much people care about the mainly pointless non stories posted. It's a heck of a lot to wade through to get the odd nugget
Like rummaging the bargain bin in woolies
Old 19-12-2021, 21:46   #1903
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'm guessing from your wording that's a computer monitor or tablet?
It's a laptop. But my point is that as long as you sit close enough (about 2 feet in my case), you can benefit from UHD resolution even on a small screen.

I do like a small font. People often look over my shoulder and ask "How can you read that?"
Old 19-12-2021, 23:38   #1904
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
It was added to customer networks on Dec 10th with "Full House" subscription codes. It is only a subs tier label so, whatever it turns out to be for, it is good to go.

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:34 ----------

Quote:
It does seem to tie in nicely with the removal of ITV box sets from on demand.
Old 20-12-2021, 01:02   #1905
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Well the time has come for "Best of" to reappear on Cable Forum.

But this year you have until December 24th at 23.59 to tell me your best:

A) New Channel of the year (Nominate by YOU):
NOTE: Tell me if your vote is for an HD or SD Channel

What launch in 2021 on Virgin TV?

Sky Showcase HD
Sky Showcase
QVC Extra
GB News HD
Colors Gujarati
GREAT! tv*
GREAT! movies classic*
GREAT! movies*
GREAT! movies action*
Utsav Gold HD*
Utsav Bharat*
Utsav Plus HD*
Sky Documentaries (SD)
Sky Nature (SD)

*Branded by new owners.

B) Best poster on Cable Forum with Information (Nominate by YOU):
NOTE: Do NOT vote for me.

C) Best Radio Channel of the year (Nominate by YOU):

To vote just PM me. Note if you vote via this thread YOUR VOTE WILL NOT COUNT.

Results will be revealed after 5pm GMT on December 31st.

Also I can confirmed at "Changes to Virgin TV (2022)" will launch on Cable Forum just after 8pm on December 31st.

So Happy Holidays and get voting.

UPDATE: As of December 19th I have still to get a vote from anyone.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

From December 9th.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=1841
Thanks for the reminder MB! I've pm'd you now! I do enjoy this yearly awards but it does scare me how quick the years are flying!!
Closed Thread