Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Keep Calling Me And Asking Who Are Ya?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Keep Calling Me And Asking Who Are Ya?

Old 08-08-2009, 16:41   #16
RobB
Inactive

RobB is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Keep Calling Me And Asking Who Are Ya?

the video isnt mine I found it on youtube through a search.

What Im saying is that no one can call me on my 07 numbers as Virgin has banned my numbers. Try calling them from a Virgin line you will see they cant be called.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Virgin phone me every other day and ask who I am and then ban my numbers
RobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2009, 16:55   #17
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
the video isnt mine I found it on youtube through a search.

What Im saying is that no one can call me on my 07 numbers as Virgin has banned my numbers. Try calling them from a Virgin line you will see they cant be called.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Virgin phone me every other day and ask who I am and then ban my numbers
I'm sorry, I am just not seeing how that could be possible unless there were serious complaints from its customers.

Perhaps ofcom is a better starting off point, as I suspect you may not be taken seriously here.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 17:03   #18
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

If they're banning the numbers there must be a reason which I suspect you're not telling us. How do you know it's Virgin calling? What do they actually ask you? What do you reply with?
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 17:28   #19
RobB
Inactive

But why just Virgin? Why are my numbers unobtainable only when dialed from Virgin phones?
Old 08-08-2009, 19:32   #20
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Well is the forwarding working as it should? Where are numbers being forwarded to? You have setup forwarding?
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 23:11   #21
RobB
Inactive

The numbers work if you call from BT or any mobile. All working ok. Just wont work from a Virgin phone.
Old 08-08-2009, 23:46   #22
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

1) Your attitude on the phone towards to the lady who answered (who probably has little or nothing to do with your case) is disgusting. She was actually offering to help, but you insisted on having a go at her. Personally, I would have hung up if I were her.

2) The regulators may well refuse. OFCOM require that you give the company the chance to investigate the problem themselves (in fairness, I have no way of knowing if you have, but it doesn't sound like you have based on that call). The Premium Rate regulator probably won't get involved because VM aren't a premium rate phone company.

3) Do you know it's Virgin blocking the calls? Maybe your PNS provider has barred Virgin? They may well do if someone on a Virgin number has been abusing the system

4) As noted above, could someone be making these calls using a spoofed number?

My advice? Phone Virgin back. Ask to speak to the manager of the department. Don't be aggressive about it (whether intentionally or not, you did come across as a little aggressive in that call). Be calm.

When you speak to the manager, try and get them to investigate what has happened. I don't know how the department operates, but I would be surprised if they didn't keep a log of all numbers called (at the very least because there may be legal cases involving some of the numbers). Staff may not have access to (or even be aware of) this list. Hopefully, the manager will be able to obtain access to this list.

I would also ask your PNS provider if they are blocking Virgin numbers.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 23:55   #23
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

Stuart it's not him on the call. He searched for it and for some reason decided to post a link to it during his rant.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 00:11   #24
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaningmags View Post
Stuart it's not him on the call. He searched for it and for some reason decided to post a link to it during his rant.
I have to admit, I didn't notice that it wasn't him. However, he is apparently having the same problem, so my advice still stands.
Old 09-08-2009, 00:27   #25
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

Stuart,

I've seen this before - it's very similar to Telnet Spoofing. The *ONLY* People that can resolve it are FlexTel (The provider of these numbers) and or VM Themselfs.

This "spoofing" is done either, via a machine and or Telnet.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:18   #26
Stuart
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
Stuart,

I've seen this before - it's very similar to Telnet Spoofing. The *ONLY* People that can resolve it are FlexTel (The provider of these numbers) and or VM Themselfs.

This "spoofing" is done either, via a machine and or Telnet.
Which is *why* I advised him to speak to both.
Old 09-08-2009, 21:48   #27
NO ONE
Inactive

Services: SKY DIG Sky+hd Mullity room(SKY WORLD) SKY BB MAX Sky talk L/r /Takl mobil PAY MO Freevew hd
NO ONE is on a distinguished roadNO ONE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NO ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB;
Ive just joined this forum because Im sick and tired of Virgin Media calling me day in day out asking "Who are ya"
They call me on my mobile and landline from a Manchester number. Im sick of it. Today though somebody recorded a calll back to virgin checkt out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1taTCGNKbM

Im going to call them tomorrow and ask why they KEEP calling me everyday. This is harassement.
if it helps Rob Last year Beefor i join Bt And Sky I was Vm Custermer in the First Part of 2008 i Keept getting Phone Call Asking me if was the Abbey Bank Told Vm About This ages to Sote out . A year and Six Mouths Later Still got the same Cable Number but With Bt No problsems . Ex now Keep Sading Me My Neighbours Bill to my house Also if it Helps i am on your side .
NO ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 22:04   #28
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO ONE View Post
if it helps Rob Last year Beefor i join Bt And Sky I was Vm Custermer in the First Part of 2008 i Keept getting Phone Call Asking me if was the Abbey Bank Told Vm About This ages to Sote out . A year and Six Mouths Later Still got the same Cable Number but With Bt No problsems . Ex now Keep Sading Me My Neighbours Bill to my house Also if it Helps i am on your side .
In the nicest possible, way. In English please?
Old 09-08-2009, 23:21   #29
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Well, if you record the calls and decide to take action. You won't stand on any legs, unless you declare they are being recorded. Otherwise, you wont have a chance.

Whats being a powerseller gotta do with it?

Seriously, get the number blocked you dialed - simple. I personally don;t see why you are going to all this "hassle" for something very simple, yes it;'s annoying. etc etc.

But why are VM calling him if their calls are not welcome? from what I see VM are the ones " hassling "

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Quote:
In the nicest possible, way. In English please?

Thats nice and patronising is it not? if I was to repeat your words to one of the VM call centres in India I wonder what would happen ?
Old 10-08-2009, 00:31   #30
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
But why are VM calling him if their calls are not welcome? from what I see VM are the ones " hassling "
You're not understanding, VM arn't calling him the number being used, in this case, just happens to be VM is being "spoofed"